Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Nov 22, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #4,117 of 4,383
But anyhow does anyone know how to change the filter on a ue900s without destroying the nozzle?

Change your eartips. It's the best and most safe way.

Nov 22, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #4,118 of 4,383
[...]  
Furthermore, I was told the UE900s cannot be bought on their web-store, since production of this model is discontinued, as well!

[...]

I might give the EarWerkz Supra 2 a try, instead. Any other suggestions?

Best regards.

Since the UE900s is now advertised under the UE Pro banner as a musicians backup piece I wonder if this is a case of the left hand of Logiyech not knowing what the right hand is doing as the UE900s atm is available on the UE Pro website.

Customer support told me the UE900s is still sold in the USA, but no longer in Europe (due to end of production).

[...]

Logitech Europe has discontinued the UE900 and 900s, they could not offer any replacements. They gave me a refund, but did not want the headphones back...

Wait they discontinued the 900s as well?

My understanding is that both the UE900 and UE900S have been discontinued worldwide. The UE900S is still available on their website though.
http://pro.ultimateears.com/products/custom-monitors/for-audiophiles  

Exactly, as I posted before. Logitech's "politics" on this sadly is causing troubles, if you need their support...

No replacement, no repair – not even paid for, if outside of warranty; no "loyalty discount" for an equal product.

Nov 22, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #4,119 of 4,383
[COLOR=FF0000]Exactly, as I posted before. Logitech's "politics" on this sadly is causing troubles, if you need their support...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=FF0000]No replacement, no repair – not even paid for, if outside of warranty; no "loyalty discount" for an equal product.[/COLOR]
that's some bull right there man, but I'm genuinely curious why they would stop production of their flagship universal so quickly, as compared to the tf10...

Nov 22, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #4,121 of 4,383
How to get even more amazing sound from the ue 900s

Guys I have found a revelation. First order 2 white filters from etymotic support. Just ask them and they will ship you two for free. That should come in 5 days. Once they come insert each into the nozzle. They will make the sound a whole lot bassier. But don't worry this will soon change. After that install viper4Android (free too) and select logitech ue 18 pro or westone w4r from the ddc menu. Also select spl goldmike impulse with flair from the controller menu. After all this you will get quite a euphoric sound in my opinion. ask me any questions you choose to. I'll be more than happy to help a fellow audiophile out.

Nov 22, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #4,122 of 4,383
Not really related to the ue900 per say, but I'm intending to reshell my ue900 after hearing about all these potential build quality issues. My problem now is the connector pins from the iem itself to the cables, and which type I should go for. The logical choice used to be westone style 2 pins but considering they've changed to a shure type setup, what's the most common pin type now? Thanks

Nov 22, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #4,123 of 4,383
There are so many kinds of replacement cables, but almost them have 2 options. MMCX or 2 pins.

Nov 26, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #4,124 of 4,383
Does the new 900s connectors swivel? 
Does the 900s paint work still rub off?
Has it been officially confirmed the drivers are positioned differently? 
Vocals are now more forwards along more bass quantiy? 
How does the new 900s stack up again the um3x? 

Nov 27, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #4,125 of 4,383
Would love some help please? Today my left earpiece suddenly started sounding weird like it's all echoy and distant compared to the right - it sound like a driver is down or something. I had issues about six months ago with the common cutting out with the same earpeice but deoxit fixed it. Nothing I do no seems to fix it. It's awful because I love my UE900. :frowning2:

I've had it for one and half years so it should still be under my two year warranty. What steps should I take? Should I take it to the shop (Dick Smith Electronics) where I got it from or go directly to Logitech? I would love for them to repair or replace it - I'm so worried about this discontinued stuff. They won't replace with the UE900s that UE is selling on their website? Is there a limited number of those or something? I wonder if they'd refund me/put it towards UE900s and I can pay the difference if I have to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back