Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Nov 4, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #4,082 of 4,383
I purchased them through an amazon retailer in the United States. I registered the product on Logitech, and the support page confirms my 2-year warranty. The left earbud will not play audio, although I do not know more than that. I tried a different cable, as well as switching between my phone and laptop. I will try to call Logitech again, because the refund would really be the way to rectify the situation.

Nov 5, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #4,085 of 4,383
Small update: After posting on Logitech's Facebook wall and DM-ing them my case number, a customer service manager contacted me to begin a refund process. I would recommend calling, getting a case number, and then going to Facebook to resolve any issues with them.

Nov 8, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #4,086 of 4,383
Hello everybody,

I've had my TripleFi 10 for about 3 years. Unfortunately, a short time ago the left earplug fell apart when pulling it out of my ear. Fortunately, the inside wiring didn't rupture, so I could fix the housing with some Sellotape. Shortly after that I wanted to switch the cables; the plug from the right ear bud came out and the inner wiring broke on this side. In both cases the glue – that was used during manufacturing – failed.

I contacted the customer support (Germany) and reported my problem, well being aware that I had no warranty left. Besides they did not answer my inquiry for about 4 weeks, they can't provide (fee-based) repair, since the TripleFi 10 is no longer in production; meaning they don't have any spare parts left. I asked if they could at least offer a discount on their uni-body UE900s and again: no, since they cannot provide "loyalty discounts" any longer. Instead, I should sign up for their newsletter to receive a general discount-mail before Christmas.

Furthermore, I was told the UE900s cannot be bought on their web-store, since production of this model is discontinued, as well!

I guess that was my last Logitech product. It's a pity, since they had a good customer support a few years ago (when my first TripleFi 10 broke – a driver issue, back then).

I might give the EarWerkz Supra 2 a try, instead. Any other suggestions?

Best regards.

Nov 9, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #4,087 of 4,383
Hello everybody,

I've had my TripleFi 10 for about 3 years. Unfortunately, a short time ago the left earplug fell apart when pulling it out of my ear. Fortunately, the inside wiring didn't rupture, so I could fix the housing with some Sellotape. Shortly after that I wanted to switch the cables; the plug from the right ear bud came out and the inner wiring broke on this side. In both cases the glue – that was used during manufacturing – failed.

I contacted the customer support (Germany) and reported my problem, well being aware that I had no warranty left. Besides they did not answer my inquiry for about 4 weeks, they can't provide (fee-based) repair, since the TripleFi 10 is no longer in production; meaning they don't have any spare parts left. I asked if they could at least offer a discount on their uni-body UE900s and again: no, since they cannot provide "loyalty discounts" any longer. Instead, I should sign up for their newsletter to receive a general discount-mail before Christmas.

Furthermore, I was told the UE900s cannot be bought on their web-store, since production of this model is discontinued, as well!

I guess that was my last Logitech product. It's a pity, since they had a good customer support a few years ago (when my first TripleFi 10 broke – a driver issue, back then).

I might give the EarWerkz Supra 2 a try, instead. Any other suggestions?

Best regards.

Since the UE900s is now advertised under the UE Pro banner as a musicians backup piece I wonder if this is a case of the left hand of Logiyech not knowing what the right hand is doing as the UE900s atm is available on the UE Pro website.

Nov 9, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #4,088 of 4,383
Since the UE900s is now advertised under the UE Pro banner as a musicians backup piece I wonder if this is a case of the left hand of Logiyech not knowing what the right hand is doing as the UE900s atm is available on the UE Pro website.

I know, very strange. Maybe it concerns only Germany/Europe – I don't know...

I'll ask and we'll see what the customer support tells me this time.

Nov 12, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #4,091 of 4,383

In my case it was clearly audible, by lack of bass.

Do you have the possibility to compare yours to another pair of UE900(s)?

I see, that would definitely be noticeable!

I do not. I am wondering if maybe it's just my hearing, or a placebo effect. The cymbal hits on the left channel don't sound as sparkly as the ones on the right.

I plan to get these made into CIEMs this winter, so I assume that whoever I choose to make them would let me know if a driver has failed?

Thank you for your reply, bull007

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #4,092 of 4,383

Customer support told me the UE900s is still sold in the USA, but no longer in Europe (due to end of production).

I see, that would definitely be noticeable!

I do not. I am wondering if maybe it's just my hearing, or a placebo effect. The cymbal hits on the left channel don't sound as sparkly as the ones on the right.

I plan to get these made into CIEMs this winter, so I assume that whoever I choose to make them would let me know if a driver has failed?

Thank you for your reply, bull007

Actually, I did check the left against the right ear-bud by "mono listening" to be sure. You could find sound test files online that isolate the frequency (range of the driver) you think is affected, to facilitate identification.

If they measure your CIEMs (to verify they did a good job), latest at this point they should notice. Just ask, whether they do – or can – measure their frequency response before/after.

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #4,093 of 4,383

Actually, I did check the left against the right ear-bud by "mono listening" to be sure. You could find sound test files online that isolate the frequency (range of the driver) you think is affected, to facilitate identification.

If they measure your CIEMs (to verify they did a good job), latest at this point they should notice. Just ask, whether they do – or can – measure their frequency response before/after.

Alright, I did a mono test with my Momentums, SE215 and the UE900 and the UE900's high frequency moves to the right a bit. It's not too noticeable so it's ok. I assume I'd have to get that armature replaced if I got them made into CIEMs. This is a tad depressing.

Nov 14, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #4,094 of 4,383
Alright, well an update to my issue.

I believe there were two contributing factors as to why the highs in my left ear did not match the ones in my right. I used the included Deoxit and cleaned both the contacts on the cable and IEM. On top of that, I tried the tips one size down and felt they fit a little better. My left ear canal seems to be part of the issue. My right canal fit the first tips (red) perfectly, but the left could not. I could not get it as far into my left canal as my right. Once I did that the sound seemed to even out and all is well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back