Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Nov 3, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #4,321 of 4,383
I won’t say that UE900s are super durable. Just something to keep in mind. I always baby my IEMs but still had issues with my 900 and 900s after a year of daily use.

Oh no, what kind of issues have you had? Are they issues with the iem itself, or can they be resolved by replacing the cables?

All I know is I had to go to customer service 3 times in a year because the cable-bud connection is unwell. But the voice, definitely a bargain.

How was the experience with their customer service though? Was it easy to get them fixed?

Nov 3, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #4,323 of 4,383
Oh no, what kind of issues have you had? Are they issues with the iem itself, or can they be resolved by replacing the cables

I had connectors issues mainly and cables falling apart. Yes, it was my daily driver but they were always in a hard case from day one and I always took good care of them.
Logitech back then said the 900 been discontinued and offered me a boom box in exchange.
A kind soul from UE Pro got involved and helped me out.
The replacement cables they provided were different a bit from the original and the inline mice and remote were not compatible. It wasn’t working properly with my phone despite being designed for an iPhone

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #4,324 of 4,383
I don't hate logitech's customer service,but honestly, as a daily use iem, it is just SO inconvenient.

I had connectors issues mainly and cables falling apart. Yes, it was my daily driver but they were always in a hard case from day one and I always took good care of them.
Logitech back then said the 900 been discontinued and offered me a boom box in exchange.
A kind soul from UE Pro got involved and helped me out.
The replacement cables they provided were different a bit from the original and the inline mice and remote were not compatible. It wasn’t working properly with my phone despite being designed for an iPhone

Thanks for both of your inputs on the build quality and customer service. Seems like the UE900s isn't that reliable as a daily driver.

Nov 3, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #4,325 of 4,383
Thanks for both of your inputs on the build quality and customer service. Seems like the UE900s isn't that reliable as a daily driver.

Yeah, sound wise they are very good but I won’t use them as a daily driver.

Also for those who are on the fence about the MD deal, Accessory Jack has a similar deal which has been the same for a long time. The UE900s has been around since 2014 so it shouldnt be difficult to get and the Asian models AFAIK are all the 900s. (Not the repackaged 900).

Nov 4, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #4,327 of 4,383
I've been debating on whether or not to get in the Massdrop deal. I got the NuForce Primo8 and was underwhelmed. I really don't want that to happen again. How well does this now close to 4 year old design compare to current $200 offerings?

I can only speak about the 900/900s.
I remember reading a review of the Primo 8 a while back where the reviewer said they were very close in performance.
If you didn’t like the Primo 8 you may not like the 900s.

Nov 4, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #4,328 of 4,383
Got the UE900 a while back, hadn't used it much, recently got an upgraded cable from Effect Audio, been listening to the combo almost non stop, sounds great imo.

Nov 25, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #4,329 of 4,383
Dec 27, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #4,334 of 4,383
Hey everyone, I've been listening to my brother's UE 900s for a week now and I actually prefer it to my campfire jupiters because its more laid back. What other IEMS should i be looking at if I want something similar to the UE900s but better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back