Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jun 25, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #3,481 of 4,383
So wait........... They revised the 900, and then proceeded to mix up the parts for the old and new models?............................

Well, by time I do pull the trigger on these hopefully they will have gotten their stuff together. And hears still dreaming that Jerry will take back what he started and set UE on proper course.

Jun 25, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #3,482 of 4,383
  So wait........... They revised the 900, and then proceeded to mix up the parts for the old and new models?............................

Well, by time I do pull the trigger on these hopefully they will have gotten their stuff together. And hears still dreaming that Jerry will take back what he started and set UE on proper course.

No they didn't. At this point the 900s are identical to the 900 according to Logitech. The only diff is that the 900s comes with more tips and gel for the connectors. If you are planning to buy the 900s save yourself the $150-$200 and just get the 900. Logitech said they will announce once the rev 900s are available. 
Also, one of the members here reported that he had demoed both the 900 and the 900s and the 900s sounded bass light but clearer so keep that in mind...

Jun 25, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #3,483 of 4,383
Beware to anyone trying to sell their UE900S on eBay. Unless you put in your description a link to the post in this thread where Rory of UE states the only difference in the UE900 and UE900S is basically the packaging and additional accessories, and your buyer files a dispute stating they didn't get the UE900S, eBay will side with the buyer and force you to refund the buyer. I know because I just went through a week long dispute that was literally raised on day 29 hour 23. And even after posting the links to this thread where this is discussed, ebay still sided with the buyer.

Jun 25, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #3,484 of 4,383
Beware to anyone trying to sell their UE900S on eBay. Unless you put in your description a link to the post in this thread where Rory of UE states the only difference in the UE900 and UE900S is basically the packaging and additional accessories, and your buyer files a dispute stating they didn't get the UE900S, eBay will side with the buyer and force you to refund the buyer. I know because I just went through a week long dispute that was literally raised on day 29 hour 23. And even after posting the links to this thread where this is discussed, ebay still sided with the buyer.

That's unethical of the buyer, may the buyer burn in hell.

Jun 25, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #3,486 of 4,383
But a few pages back people were saying that this was unethical of the seller (Logitech). Some double standards going on here it seems.

Rising the dispute at literally the last minute, it's obvious that the guy knew what he was getting.

He have 29 days and 23 hours to communicate with MrFaust to iron out any issues but no, he choose to sneak in a dispute at the very last minute and hope that MrFaust didn't notice the dispute.

Jun 25, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #3,487 of 4,383
Rising the dispute at literally the last minute, it's obvious that the guy knew what he was getting.

He have 29 days and 23 hours to communicate with MrFaust
 to iron out any issues but no, he choose to sneak in a dispute at the very last minute and hope that MrFaust
 didn't notice the dispute.

I have to admit some eBay buyers are exploiting loopholes in eBay's buyer protection policy which were designed to protect people from fraudulent sellers who took the money and sent nothing. The other week I sold an item to a guy who claimed he had not received it despite it having been signed for at his address. When I suggested I'd investigate it the item mysteriously turned up. He then had the cheek to email me saying he didn't really like the item as he had the model above. If you want Amazon's return policy pay twice the price and buy from Amazon. Still, in my opinion, not explicitly highlighting any possible cause for complaint in your description leaves you wide open to such scammers.

Jun 25, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #3,488 of 4,383
I have to admit some eBay buyers are exploiting loopholes in eBay's buyer protection policy which were designed to protect people from fraudulent sellers who took the money and sent nothing. The other week I sold an item to a guy who claimed he had not received it despite it having been signed for at his address. When I suggested I'd investigate it the item mysteriously turned up. He then had the cheek to email me saying he didn't really like the item as he had the model above. If you want Amazon's return policy pay twice the price and buy from Amazon. Still, in my opinion, not explicitly highlighting any possible cause for complaint in your description leaves you wide open to such scammers.

Totally agree.

Jun 25, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #3,489 of 4,383

does people think just because JH is no longer there that this company is stupid and not know what they are doing..think they just scrapped everything and started over..i think not.. i would love to try the uerm..maybe one day,,i also think that all the defective product you hear about on here from this company is far and few inbetween from what this product really is..i think people like to just hear their selfs speak sometimes..im sure everyother company has their problems to,, ive had the ue900 and loved it so much im recieving another pair next week and cant wait to recieve them again,,ive had them at the same time as i had the w4r and thought the ue900 was a better sounding iem,, just my own opinion,, happy listening

I literally didn't read this post because of the annoying double commas and double periods.

Jun 25, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #3,490 of 4,383
I literally didn't read this post because of the annoying double commas and double periods.

I did read this post, despite it's bizarre punctuation and couldn't agree more. My UE900 are by far and away the best iem's I have ever owned and I love them to bits. I take great care of them and, touch wood, they'll last for many years to come. Yes, many people on here have reported problems, but what does this represent percentage wise of the total units sold? I personally hope they continue to make class leading iem's for years from now and will continue to buy their product. I do totally understand how negative experiences influence a persons future choices, but in the interests of fairness and balance on these forums I would like to publicly state that my experience, so far, of the UE900 have been wholly positive.

Jun 25, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #3,491 of 4,383
I did read this post, despite it's bizarre punctuation and couldn't agree more. My UE900 are by far and away the best iem's I have ever owned and I love them to bits. I take great care of them and, touch wood, they'll last for many years to come. Yes, many people on here have reported problems, but what does this represent percentage wise of the total units sold? I personally hope they continue to make class leading iem's for years from now and will continue to buy their product. I do totally understand how negative experiences influence a persons future choices, but in the interests of fairness and balance on these forums I would like to publicly state that my experience, so far, of the UE900 have been wholly positive.

I think most of us agree that they sound good. it's the poor quality that leaves a bitter taste, add to it that fact they reduced the warranty from 2 years to 1 an wiped out the consumer line with the exception of the 900s. Then the 900/900s fiasco and there you go, a lot of people won't spend their money on UE after having such a bad experience.  I don't know the percentage but from what reported it seems like the 900 had plenty of issues. Mine as well. 

Jun 25, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #3,492 of 4,383
Need help, just received from California Ultimate Ears a white box that says UE900S, got them a couple hours ago. What's in the
Box 900 or 900S!! Please tell me anyone, I'm dying to know before I use my razor. Thanks

Jun 25, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #3,493 of 4,383
Need help, just received from California Ultimate Ears a white box that says UE900S, got them a couple hours ago. What's in the
Box 900 or 900S!! Please tell me anyone, I'm dying to know before I use my razor. Thanks

Dunno buddy. Do an unboxing for us!

Jun 25, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #3,495 of 4,383

We don't know until the box is opened, sorry :frowning2:  For now, we'll just say it's in a superposition where it is both the 900 and 900S. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back