Ultimate Ears UE-18 Pro First Impressions
Mar 18, 2010 at 3:16 AM Post #31 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by googleli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Posted a few days back
beerchug.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/u...light=unboxing

Is the ruby red quiet dark or is it almost leaning towards pink in color?

I need to decide on a color.

Oct 10, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #32 of 45
So did you get your UE 18s? How do they compare to the JH 13s?

Quote:
i'm the opposite of you. i have my 13s- love them! and am awaiting my 18s to be finished.

au contraire to what people may think ,the 13s do not lack bass! i decided to go for 18s because i want a different sound signature from jh customs. your impressions certainly helped put me at ease that the 18s will not disappoint.

Nov 5, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #33 of 45
Great review! I felt the same way when I got my UE11Pro's -- I stop and listen to all of the amazing nuances and depth that I never really heard before.  My question is, can anybody give me some thoughts on if its worth upgrading from my UE11 Pros to UE18 Pros?  My UE 11 Pros are getting kinda gunked up after 2 years...

Nov 6, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #34 of 45
So the UE 18 Pro has similar bass to the W3? I have a W3 and I love it! I wouldn't want any less bass than what I am getting from the W3. Does the UE have just about the same or more? I wouldn't mind having just a little bit more bass but keeping everything just as clear. I am interested in the UE 11 but I dont want so sacrifice any other ranges just for the extended bass which might be too much for me.
The thing I am looking for is the ability to "feel" the kick from a bass drum. I want to hear it perfectly even when I am not looking for it.

Nov 6, 2010 at 8:19 PM Post #35 of 45
I have the UE11 Pro but not the UE 18 Pro I have the Westone ES5 and can say that the ES5 does everything better.  The highs on the ES5 are not rolled off like the UE 11.  The bass is more natural sounding with better detail and the mids are sweeter as well.  Now that I have the ES5 I haven't even given the UE 11 a second look.  Just my opinion hope it helps.

Nov 6, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #37 of 45
Aww you two just made me not want either! The UE11 sounds like it sounds bad. I bet the UE18s are amazing but I dont want to be disappointed by the lack of bass :-/

Mar 19, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #39 of 45
Is this a good leap or a bit too much of a leap for someone with the Shure E500/E530?  I absolutely love these, although I would love a bit more low end response, and unfortunately I have to get them repaired every several months of wearing as the wires or rubber gaskets simply do not hold up.  I think it's time to find a new high-end earphone with warm, full clean sound, clear bass response, and excellent clarity throughout.  Your UE-18 Pro review has intrigued me, although I don't know if I'm ready to make that large of a leap.

Jan 2, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #42 of 45
The UE 18 Pro have less bass than the W3??? W3 = Westone 3? My UE 18 Pro have excellent bass but too little treble, they sound more like the IE8 with very low extensions. Put me off custom for life.

Тhe UE18 have much less bass than the W3. The JH16 are also inferior to W3 when speaking of bass quantity.

Mar 27, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #44 of 45
I got the eu pro18's a couple months ago, and am listening to movies on my iPad - and music from my iPhone via the Vamp Verza - and with that combo, there is TONS of bass - spend its still controlled and tight. If you drive them a little bit, you won't regret the amount of bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back