Ultimate Ears UE-18 Pro First Impressions
Mar 4, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #17 of 45
18 is just a model number that most likely was chosen to respond to the JH16's model number. There are only six drivers per unit (12 total).

Mar 4, 2010 at 6:54 AM Post #18 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just figured they'd hiss since they need a lot of power to drive all 36 drivers.

pleasantly surprised now.
although.. seeing how you've compared them to w3 bass. i think i'll pass..

Ha 36 drivers! Sorry buddy but you actually need to divide that number by 3. there are only 6 drivers per ear making a total of 12.

Mar 4, 2010 at 9:21 AM Post #19 of 45
Still thinking about whether I should get 13 Pro or 16 Pro next. The 18 Pro is to my surprise less bass heavy than I imagined. It is the quality of the bass that really astonished me, not the quantity. In that case I am not sure if I should be getting 16 Pro which is certainly going to have heavier bass. If it turns out the 16 Pro also have a warm signature or very similar to the 18 Pro otherwise, it would be a waste. Maybe I should go for 13 Pro for its neutrality?

Mar 4, 2010 at 9:31 AM Post #20 of 45
Yeah i would recommend you go for the jh13 if you're tired of the UE18s more bass-oriented signature
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 4, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #21 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosfayt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah i would recommend you go for the jh13 if you're tired of the UE18s more bass-oriented signature
smily_headphones1.gif

Hard to say I am tired of the signature - enjoying it a lot actually
biggrin.gif
What I want next is something that sounds as good, but different.
L3000.gif

Mar 4, 2010 at 10:29 AM Post #22 of 45
We need Pics!!!

Mar 4, 2010 at 1:16 PM Post #24 of 45
I second the statement, that you should go for the JH13. Their sound presentation will be different (neutral) and this is, what googleli wants.
Beside that I find, that also the JH13 have a slightly pronounced (deep-)bass.

Mar 4, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #25 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmcom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I second the statement, that you should go for the JH13. Their sound presentation will be different (neutral) and this is, what googleli wants.
Beside that I find, that also the JH13 have a slightly pronounced (deep-)bass.

Hey dude, I notice from your signature that you've got Stax Omega 2, is it true that JH13 can really compare to the O2 as they say? I know soundstage-wise IEMs can never be like full-sized cans or speakers, but what about details and sound quality? Do you find JH13 Pro at the same par with the O2? Many thanks!

Mar 4, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #26 of 45
Well, I would definitely see the JH13 on par with the O2 in terms of transparency and resolution. Soundstage-wise I would say it is a close race, as the O2 has a great instrument separation and depth of sound stage, but not a very big left-right soundstage.
But what is still missing for all IEMs including the JH13 from my point of view, is the airyness and ease of electrostats like the O2.

Mar 4, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #28 of 45
i'm the opposite of you. i have my 13s- love them! and am awaiting my 18s to be finished.

au contraire to what people may think ,the 13s do not lack bass! i decided to go for 18s because i want a different sound signature from jh customs. your impressions certainly helped put me at ease that the 18s will not disappoint.

Mar 4, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #29 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by LintHart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ha 36 drivers! Sorry buddy but you actually need to divide that number by 3. there are only 6 drivers per ear making a total of 12.

WAHAHAHAA woops! boy do i feel stupid now. either ways.. if i can afford the jh 16s i'd hope they'd have as much bass as ie8 on minimum. at the very least =)

Mar 5, 2010 at 7:42 AM Post #30 of 45
Looking forward to JH16 reviews - then I can decide between 13 and 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back