Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Earphones for $99 at Amazon!
Dec 10, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #826 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, quite illegal. They would have to be listed as refurbished. They can't even resell "open box" but never used merch as new. Example: I got an open box (B Stock) model of the Sony X1061 from Amazon for $335 (it was selling for $354). Had all the stuff, but the box had been opened, return (never used) and resold by Sony. No reason Logitech would risk a major fine to sell a bunch of refurbished or open box phones as new.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoganT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would it be illegal for Ultimate Ears to sell the TF10s (at the 99 dollar price point) implying they are brand new but are actually used or refurbished?

Also I noticed the TF10's are back on Amazon.com with a in-stock of December 19, 2009. Price is 328 dollars, that's the best retail price I've seen. Amazon usually has the best deal.

Note that the Triple.Fi packaging is pretty obvious if it's been opened.

Seems that most of the "flipper" sales shipped out first. Gee I guess I should've ordered more than one, except that I was too busy with a job that pays me more per hour than I would make in the time it took to flip some Triple.Fi's.
rolleyes.gif

-Ed

Dec 10, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #828 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Seems that most of the "flipper" sales shipped out first. Gee I guess I should've ordered more than one, except that I was too busy with a job that pays me more per hour than I would make in the time it took to flip some Triple.Fi's.
rolleyes.gif

-Ed

really? how much do you make per hour?

Dec 10, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #829 of 1,260
I didn't read all 56 pages, but for people who order from logitech, the representative said the next batch is supposed to start shipping on the 18th... At least orders didn't get canceled.

Dec 10, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #830 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif

rolleyes.gif

-Ed

Why do you say the so-called "flipper" sales shipped first? I intend on flipping three pair (bought five total), but my first pair are being kept and used. So no correlation, I'm afraid.

It's not about making any serious money flipping TF10s. It's more about making enough to get one pair free. At your hourly rate, surely full price would have been fine, no? In fact, why even buy one pair for $99 if you are remunerated at such a high hourly rate? Just looking to save some money is my hunch. An honorable pursuit, no? Isn't that what most everyone wants? The best idea is to make a high enough hourly wage so you have to work less and still have time to flip a few TF10s.
atsmile.gif

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #831 of 1,260
You know, it's probably not the smartest thing to admit that you bought five pairs with the intention of reselling four of them at a higher price...
Especially on a forum where there are many people that couldn't get in on the deal.

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #832 of 1,260
UPS just delivered mine and the stock ear plugs fit just fine. These sound very nice out of a plain old 2G Ipod Mini. No need for any EQ which is pretty damn impressive. I had to kick down the treble on my Denon IEMs.

Oh yeah...and flippers suck!

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #833 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonnybobiche /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know, it's probably not the smartest thing to admit that you bought five pairs with the intention of reselling four of them at a higher price...
Especially on a forum where there are many people that couldn't get in on the deal.

Yeah, ditto.

Plus, it's pretty downright detestable, in my opinion. Not cool, man, not cool.
frown.gif

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #834 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, ditto.

Plus, it's pretty downright detestable, in my opinion. Not cool, man, not cool.
frown.gif

eh. its perfectly legal and good economics. he is getting paid for being early. same with black friday sales.

I flipped some zhu zhu pets. Can't believe the prices crazy parents are willing to pay for $2 worth of junk.

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #835 of 1,260
well at least 2 of them are being kept

i wouldnt have a problem if he sold them each at like 130-140 and made ~100 profit to make one of them "free". people have done worse when deals like this pop up such as buying like 10 with the intention of selling all of them on ebay or something similar. it would still be a good price for the people he sells it to..not as good as 99 +shipping but still a good deal nonetheless.

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #837 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eh. its perfectly legal and good economics. he is getting paid for being early. same with black friday sales.

I flipped some zhu zhu pets. Can't believe the prices crazy parents are willing to pay for $2 worth of junk.

Well, of course it's legal. Of course he has the right to do it. It's not even "wrong" to do, per se. (no need to get into an ethics discussion here...)

But I still don't think it's cool. I did something like this once. Afterward, I really was not comfortable with it, and for reasons that I hadn't thought of beforehand. Everything turned out well, and both parties were happy, but I'm not going to do it again, even thought I might have the legal right to.

It's just not cool, that's all.

Dec 10, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #839 of 1,260
Okay, I'll retract the word "detestable" from my comments on flipping. That was too harsh. Flipping is "uncool".

Dec 10, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #840 of 1,260
this is the bad part about such good deals like this..always some people out to make a profit only and not trying to help the rest of us who missed out..kinda wish i saw this deal earlier instead of getting shipping in 3-6 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back