Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Earphones for $99 at Amazon!
Dec 10, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #856 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems that most of the "flipper" sales shipped out first. Gee I guess I should've ordered more than one, except that I was too busy with a job that pays me more per hour than I would make in the time it took to flip some Triple.Fi's.
rolleyes.gif

Let's say you make $80 profit, and it takes two hours of your time to post an ad, reply to a buyer, and package and ship it out. That's $40/hour for doing almost nothing. Guess it's a good thing you don't bill head-fi for your posting time. At 30 seconds per post you'd be into us for $7k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There was a guy flipping 3 pairs of TF10s in the FS forum for $210 yesterday. I reported him. $120 I can accept, $210 is robbery.

*golf clap*

Dec 10, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #857 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Religion? Huh? You are kidding right?

I think he was referring to what you said when you said this: Quote:

You who is among you without sin, cast the first rock, or something like that.

Dec 11, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #858 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_McBob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let's say you make $80 profit, and it takes two hours of your time to post an ad, reply to a buyer, and package and ship it out. That's $40/hour for doing almost nothing. Guess it's a good thing you don't bill head-fi for your posting time. At 30 seconds per post you'd be into us for $7k.

Like I said, I was busy with a job that was paying me more per hour.
wink.gif

Dec 11, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #859 of 1,260
@LoganT
I knew what he was referring too. But thanks for the help.

Hardly bringing religion in the mix, it's pretty much a colloquial phrase, and I didn't even use a direct quote.

Okay, back to topic (unrelated to buying from Amazon and reselling).

Dec 11, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #861 of 1,260
It's actually against the rules for commercial, for profit sales at Head-Fi.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f10/co...llowed-139393/

Market value of older, discontinued headphones seems to be the only real exception unless it's repeated quick flipping. Immediate flipping of multiple brand new items for profit definitely qualifies as commercial sales here.

You can do whatever you want on fleaBay, CrapsList, MoneyGon, etc.

Also, against the rules to discuss politics and religion.

-Ed

Dec 11, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #862 of 1,260
Quote:

I noticed the newer Triple.Fi has Comply foam tips included. They definitely don't work well with me. Sound quality is off. I don't get as consistent a seal, but they are a little more comfortable.

-Ed

Dec 11, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #863 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I noticed the newer Triple.Fi has Comply foam tips included. They definitely don't work well with me. Sound quality is off. I don't get as consistent a seal, but they are a little more comfortable.

-Ed

Yeah ... I bought those two pairs because I don't like foam tips. I'm too poor to keep buying foams
happy_face1.gif

Dec 11, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #865 of 1,260
Dec 11, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #866 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by mistertomlinson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am selling TF10s right now for $1,299 a pair if anyone is interested.

Does that include the cables?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Sony's should be great on the TF10's.
biggrin.gif

That's heartening to hear. I may prefer the "double flanges" though, as isolation is very important to me...

Dec 11, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #867 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There was a guy flipping 3 pairs of TF10s in the FS forum for $210 yesterday. I reported him. $120 I can accept, $210 is robbery.

Why report?

let the (free) market do the talking.

If no one buys $ 210 from him with the goal of selling 3x Triple fi 10s in a short time frame within 1-2 months (for example), then he might be forced to adjust the price lower.

He also have the option to change his time frame beyond 2 months... but he is taking a risk here...

Scenario 1: What if logitec's UE division comes up with a much better replacement for Triple fi 10? If he decides to sell them for $210 with time frame goal beyond 2 months, then triple fi 10s on the market will be devalued and he will be forced to adjust his price lower than $210... or even $120.

Scenario 2: What if UE's Triple fi 10 successor is sonically inferior due to Logitech's decision to cost-cut? Or what if UE decides to just drop the triple fi line since its owner Logitech decides that pricing a consumer model IEM at $400 to the masses doesn't make sense? In this scenario (and assuming that IEM technology remains stagnant for 5-7 years) the Triple fis may become the most sought after, and people here will pay MSRP or more with no qualms. Having to wait for a long time with just meager returns doesn't make sense to me.

Dec 11, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #868 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Sony's should be great on the TF10's.
biggrin.gif

I think that link was for the 'Sony-compatible' tips, not the actual Sony ones. It might not make much difference, but I know I didn't get on with the EX replacements tips at all. Only the originals worked for me
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back