Ultimate ears 700 vs Triple fi 10 vs Monster Turbine gold pro
Feb 17, 2011 at 6:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

sdhiman33

New Head-Fier
Alright i just got the UE 700s and they are impressive.  The highs are extremely clear along with the mids, but the bass end of the spectrum lacks.  It's there, but there is no kick.  I understand these headphones are not designed for strong bass, but out the other two IEMs, what would have clear highs and mids but strong bass.  If anyone has any other IEMs they would recommend I would be willing to hear them.  Thanks

Feb 18, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #2 of 14
I haven't heard the other two but I have owned the Triples a year or so ago; loved the phones for what they did. They had amazing treble and fast, punchy bass, but the mids left me wanting more. 

If you are wanting more bass and the mids aren't that important to you, the Triple Fis are great phones; granted they have a horrible design and a lot of people have fit issues. 

Feb 18, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #3 of 14
Well, I haven't heard the turbine golds so I won't comment on them but I love my Triple.Fis. They have great bass and highs and while the mids are slightly recessed (if that), I don't find the Triple.Fis lacking in that regard at all.

EDIT: Must agree with Young Spade about the fit issues. These are the most problematic IEMs I've ever used in that regard and while they fit me fine(ish) the fit issues are definitely worth taking note of.

Feb 18, 2011 at 4:46 AM Post #5 of 14
i've heard both The Golds and TF10s

IMO TF10s sounded better,the bass hits harder, everything just extends better and being more aggressive, with wider soundstage, more 3D feel and the sound even dramatically improved with amps.
Except for the fit, they're just one of the hardest-to-fit IEMs with it's big housing that sticking out of the ears
(would make you look like something strange and someone may make fun out of you lol)
the cables are not so durable too, some people said that they have to replace their cable sooner than they would wanted to
but the cable is removable, so aftermarket cables are something you could use and that may improve their sound even more.

On the other hand, The Golds have somewhat smooth sound signature, everything just "go-together" in their narrower soundstage. They didn't sound bad at all but just not as fun or as great as TF10s
But they're more comfortable, their cable lasts longer (but not user-replaceable, so use your lifetime warranty)

PS. strong bass with great highs and mids? try westone 3 / 4 :D

Feb 18, 2011 at 5:05 AM Post #6 of 14
Unless you're an extreme basshead, I don't think the TF10 will disappoint. I've owned a pair for a few weeks now and the bass is amazing. Granted, the mids aren't as forward as I'd like (as I listen to mostly female vocal-centric music), but when you listen to something bassy like Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up", it will rattle your skull. I'm amazed everytime how much bass these little things can produce. But yeah, getting the perfect seal may be a hit or miss with the silicone tips, but it should be fine if you use the Comply ones.

Feb 18, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #7 of 14
I just ordered the Monster golds, and sent back the UE700.  Even after a small break in the bass was still not impactful at all.  But the highs and mids are beautiful and its an amazing sound stage, if i don't like the golds im going for the triple fi 10s.  I already have one of the ugliest sets of headphones made in the Ultrasone Pro 750 so I don't really need two horrendous looking pairs haha. 

Feb 24, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #8 of 14
Wow. I have just recieved the MT golds and they are an exciting IEMs.  A very colored, emphasis on bass and highs,  mids seem a bid dampered.  They are just what I was looking for, but hell I am still buying the Triple fi 10s.  Any one who enjoys a strong, and dynamic bass with very crisp and clear highs would love these IEMs they are keepers

Mar 9, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #9 of 14

Quote:
I just ordered the Monster golds, and sent back the UE700.  Even after a small break in the bass was still not impactful at all.  But the highs and mids are beautiful and its an amazing sound stage, if i don't like the golds im going for the triple fi 10s.  I already have one of the ugliest sets of headphones made in the Ultrasone Pro 750 so I don't really need two horrendous looking pairs haha. 

I know exactly what you mean about the UE700's.  Don't take this the wrong way, but I read your review with the assumption that you were an extreme bass head, and that the 700's would be fine for me.  Well, we all know what happens when you ASS-U-ME.  Long story short, I'm ordering me a pair of the TF10's tonight and hopefully I'll enjoy the bass from them much more.  I will agree with you though, with the 700's, I honestly have NEVER heard that much detail in music before.  I was simply blown away, but I need more bass :D

Mar 9, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #10 of 14
You darned will.  =]

Mar 9, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #11 of 14

Quote:
You darned will.  =]

Literally just ordered them from Amazon.  $197 shipped.  Could've gotten them for $194, but I'm on spring break from school next week, and I'd like to have them when I get home.  Thanks for all of the help and information guys.  I love this site already 
etysmile.gif

Nov 30, 2011 at 4:18 AM Post #12 of 14

Quote:
Literally just ordered them from Amazon.  $197 shipped.  Could've gotten them for $194, but I'm on spring break from school next week, and I'd like to have them when I get home.  Thanks for all of the help and information guys.  I love this site already 
etysmile.gif

it has been so much time since the last message sent. i 'm about to buy a IEM. So, i'm undecided about buying TF10 or UE700 or a Westone um2. Anyone who used them, and can compare them?

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #14 of 14
TF10 has the best SQ of the three you listed..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back