Ultimate Ears 700 -UE700- Review (Comparison/Vs Jays q-Jays)
Nov 1, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #76 of 94
This thread is making me feel better about going for these - my trusty IE7s are giving up the ghost and I need a new pair of IEMs before vacation in a couple of weeks.  I am a bit too broke at the moment for $200+ phones, so I have been eyeing these - have had a few UEs before and always liked the UE sound signature.  Always hesitated on the TF10s because of fit issues (way back when I had SF3s which just barely fit me OK with the flip mod), but these sound like the fit will be no problem.

Nov 12, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #77 of 94
So I got the UE700s.  Overall I am really liking the clarity and separation on these.  Not shrill on the treble except on my U2 stuff, of which I have lots so if it starts to really bug me I might have to look elsewhere.  Bass is pretty good too.  Has to fit right to get the full benefit - just barely does on my extra small left ear canal with the XS tip - should I try the Sony tips?  It's fine on my more normal right ear with the Medium silicon tip.  When everything is sitting right though, they are great with most music I have.

Nov 12, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #78 of 94

Quote:
So I got the UE700s.  Overall I am really liking the clarity and separation on these.  Not shrill on the treble except on my U2 stuff, of which I have lots so if it starts to really bug me I might have to look elsewhere.  Bass is pretty good too.  Has to fit right to get the full benefit - just barely does on my extra small left ear canal with the XS tip - should I try the Sony tips?  It's fine on my more normal right ear with the Medium silicon tip.  When everything is sitting right though, they are great with most music I have.

i had these but sold them because they wer only 5% better than a single driver and got fatigueing for me very quickly. not worth the money but still very good.

Nov 12, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #79 of 94
Still waiting for mine to come back from RMA. It is better than the 600 (superfi 5) in my opinion. Congrats on your purchase!

Nov 13, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #80 of 94
After a couple more days, I am liking them even more - have heard details in my music that I have not heard before and very good soundstage.  I had super.fi 5s (the newer version now called the UE600s) and the UE 700s are much better.  Excellent phone for the $130 I paid for them.

Nov 28, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #81 of 94
First time poster, long time lurker!

Anyway, I've decided to jump in on these as they're sitting on $99AU, but I'm quite concerned about all the build quality and durability issues. Out of the box, is there anything I can do to prevent any of these issues happening? Off the top of my head, I'm thinking that maybe some of that heatshrink tape around the jack could help, and I guess some kind of glue where the wires meet the buds to stop them from coming out. Do I have the right idea? Is there even anything I'd be able to do or would I just have to embrace the inevitable, that within a year they'll probably fall apart on me (I'm not at all gentle with my IEMs).

Dec 1, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #82 of 94
They have good build quality. It is just that everything is so small and the wires are so thing (but solid) so they will fall apart within 6-12 months if you use them daily.

I've had my UE700 since last year, and they are by far my favorite IEM.

Dec 1, 2011 at 6:24 AM Post #83 of 94
Fair call. They will be dailies, so I'll have to find a way to make them a little more durable without impeding on their look or (more importantly) sound... whatever methods they may be.

Dec 1, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #84 of 94
I don't know, but apparently i might reshell them the next time these things break (and there's no more warranty)

Jul 12, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #85 of 94
Jul 13, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #88 of 94
Quote:
Damn, at Atlanta now and they are the 600s, not 700s. Still sound nicer than the 500s on a side by side but worth $100?

Looks like you can get them for 60$ + shipping on ebay

Jul 14, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #90 of 94
Thanks - I went back and listened to them and had seen a set of Shure SE215. I preferred the Shures and bought a set for $99. I wanted to buy for the flights back, so didnt have the option to ebay etc. Happy with the purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back