UK Members: Sennheiser IE8's £134.99 @ Play.com
Oct 4, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #76 of 79

yeah, I'll probably just get some hje900's. It was just such a nice thought that I could get a pair of ie8's for the same price... However, seeing as their the most faked headphones in the world...
Quote:
I personally would not buy expensive items like ie8s from Playtraders.  Too much of a risk.

Oct 17, 2010 at 7:16 AM Post #77 of 79
It looks like one of the Play merchants may have some of these for sale, same deal as Play did.

"Brand New Open Box for Test Purposes in Retail Packaging"

I am tempted to buy them, however I'm very wary of buying from these companies, and have no idea what kind of experience I'd have if they turned out to be fake. That said since it's over £100 and I'd pay by credit card so I'd be covered by section 75 of the CCA 74.

Oct 17, 2010 at 7:27 AM Post #79 of 79

Quote:
This is a post regarding the unboxed Sennheisers from play.com.  I contacted Sennheiser direct and this is what they said

[size=small]Thank you for your email.[/size]

[size=small]Please be advised that Sennheiser are aware of the batch of headphones being sold on Play.com that you may have received.[/size]

[size=small]Sennheiser UK sold a batch of headphones to Play.com that were unboxed and without accessories for a reduced price, and these headphones were then in turn marketed by Play.com as "Basic Range IE6,7 & 8's" hence the reduction in price fro what they would be on our website.[/size]

[size=small]If you log on to [/size][size=small]www.play.com[/size][size=small] and search the headphones you have purchased it does actually detail under the headphones description what is inclusive of the package.[/size]

[size=small]I would advise that the second pair of headphones to be sent out to you will be exactly the same.[/size]

[size=small]If you would like to pay full price and have accessories etc arrive with the headphone package I would suggest going on [/size][size=small]www.sennheiser.co.uk's[/size][size=small] website and purchasing them through this channel.[/size]

[size=small]Kindest Regards,[/size]

[size=small]This is reasuring i guess though I do not remeber seeing on the headphone description that they were going to be packaged this way.  Oh well I will wait and see what my replacement item comes like[/size]

Someone earlier in the thread emailed Sennheiser about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back