UK Members: Sennheiser IE8's £134.99 @ Play.com
Sep 30, 2010 at 2:06 PM Post #46 of 79

Quote:
This is a post regarding the unboxed Sennheisers from play.com.  I contacted Sennheiser direct and this is what they said

[size=small]Thank you for your email.[/size]

[size=small]Please be advised that Sennheiser are aware of the batch of headphones being sold on Play.com that you may have received.[/size]

[size=small]Sennheiser UK sold a batch of headphones to Play.com that were unboxed and without accessories for a reduced price, and these headphones were then in turn marketed by Play.com as "Basic Range IE6,7 & 8's" hence the reduction in price fro what they would be on our website.[/size]

[size=small]If you log on to [/size][size=small]www.play.com[/size][size=small] and search the headphones you have purchased it does actually detail under the headphones description what is inclusive of the package.[/size]

[size=small]I would advise that the second pair of headphones to be sent out to you will be exactly the same.[/size]

[size=small]If you would like to pay full price and have accessories etc arrive with the headphone package I would suggest going on [/size][size=small]www.sennheiser.co.uk's[/size][size=small] website and purchasing them through this channel.[/size]

[size=small]Kindest Regards,[/size]

[size=small]This is reasuring i guess though I do not remeber seeing on the headphone description that they were going to be packaged this way.  Oh well I will wait and see what my replacement item comes like[/size]

What I do not like is liars and this email states that Play.com have not mentioned that accessories are included. This is a copy/paste from the popup window from my order history page:

Specifications  

1. Click For Video
  2. Frequency response 10 Hz - 20 kHz
  3. Cable length 1.2 m, symmetrical (earphone to separator: 0.4 m
  4. separator to plug: 0.8 m)
  5. Impedance 16 ohm
  6. THD, total harmonic distortion < 0.1%
  7. Sound pressure level (SPL) 125 dB (1 kHz, 1 Vrms)
  8. Attenuation (passive) up to 26 dB (95%)
  9. Connector 3.5 mm, angled
  10. Ear coupling intra-aural (ear-canal fit)
  11. Transducer principle dynamic
  12. Weight 5 g
  13. Delivery Includes
  14. 1 IE 8
  15. 1 extended set of ear adapters (S/M/L)
  16. 1 protective case with dry salt pads
  17. 1 sound adjustment and cleaning tool
  18.  1 cable clip

All the items highlighted in red are missing from my package, no attempt was made to highlight that these were a cut down package and "1 extended set" doesn't mean 1 pair. Since when can one pair of buds be small, medium AND large. Sennheiser have either been misled themselves or are inappropriately backing up Play.com.

Sep 30, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #50 of 79
The salt pads are small pads that go in the recess on the underside of the box. They are designed to soak up moisture from your IEMs when they are in storage. On a side note I couldn't resist trying them out and they are absolutely stunning. I have watchmakers screwdrivers so the adjusting tool isn't really essential but I really don't like how Play.com marketed them. They should have marketed them as OEM.

Sep 30, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #51 of 79
I am actually pissed, but rather then sending and waiting for a week for the refund to be issued  I am going to keep them. This site is selling all the stuff for IE8

https://www.custom-cable.co.uk/. I checked the back side and it is empty. I will order a spare cable and salt pads. How is double flange earbuds? lamella or something.

Sep 30, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #52 of 79
I've received mine from Play which includes just the case & headphones.

I'm a bit annoyed these are now £99.99, when I paid £134.99 only a few days ago! It  doesn't say they are used.

Also states they come with 

1 extended set of ear adapters (S/M/L)
1 protective case with dry salt pads
1 sound adjustment and cleaning tool

Sep 30, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #53 of 79

Quote:
This site is selling all the stuff for IE8  htps://www.custom-cable.co.uk/. I checked the back side and it is empty. I will order a spare cable and salt pads. How is double flange earbuds? lamella or something.

If you're going to buy a spare cable you can get one here ...

http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/sennheiser-ie8-replacement-cable-standard-120cm-525719-prodid-2057.html

... for £10 less than they sell them at custom-cable.co.uk

I wouldn't persnally bother getting the salt pads as they're not essential. 

Sep 30, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #55 of 79

That is exactly how mine came.  They didnt even add the salt pad.  What a cheek!!!!!!!!! I have been told today that I am getting a refund. Desperate as I was to have these IEM's , I even asked for the ones I returned to be sent back.  However the woman from the INDIAN call center said that this would not be possible.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! I have Instead bought them from Amazon.uk.  Play.com you are a bunch of TWATS!!!!!
Quote:
What I do not like is liars and this email states that Play.com have not mentioned that accessories are included. This is a copy/paste from the popup window from my order history page:

Specifications  

1. Click For Video
  2. Frequency response 10 Hz - 20 kHz
  3. Cable length 1.2 m, symmetrical (earphone to separator: 0.4 m
  4. separator to plug: 0.8 m)
  5. Impedance 16 ohm
  6. THD, total harmonic distortion < 0.1%
  7. Sound pressure level (SPL) 125 dB (1 kHz, 1 Vrms)
  8. Attenuation (passive) up to 26 dB (95%)
  9. Connector 3.5 mm, angled
  10. Ear coupling intra-aural (ear-canal fit)
  11. Transducer principle dynamic
  12. Weight 5 g
  13. Delivery Includes
  14. 1 IE 8
  15. 1 extended set of ear adapters (S/M/L)
  16. 1 protective case with dry salt pads
  17. 1 sound adjustment and cleaning tool
  18.  1 cable clip

All the items highlighted in red are missing from my package, no attempt was made to highlight that these were a cut down package and "1 extended set" doesn't mean 1 pair. Since when can one pair of buds be small, medium AND large. Sennheiser have either been misled themselves or are inappropriately backing up Play.com.

Sep 30, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #56 of 79

Quote:
FYI
The price of IE8on play.com drops to £99.99. Not a brand new item I believe.

Look out!!

These are NOT sold directly by Play.com, but by Electronik (much like an Amazon Marketplace seller), so these could very well be fakes:

Electronik

Positive feedback: 67%
over last 12 months (6 ratings)

PlayTrader since: 17/08/10

Sep 30, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #57 of 79

Quote:
it'll be the flurry of them they had returned i bet

Too true!!! The arses at Play.com wouldnt even let me have the ones I bought back.  I have had to settle for a refund.  Ive bought them now at Amazon.uk for a bit more money but hopefully I will have piece of mind that they are brand new in a box and come with all attachments.  If they come in the same state that play.com sent them, then I might just cry into my keyboard

Sep 30, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #58 of 79
When buying IE8's I dont think you can ever consider buying off a playtrader.  As BennyBoy71 said to me earlier, Sennheisers are probably the most faked headphones in the World!!!

Quote:
Look out!!

These are NOT sold directly by Play.com, but by Electronik (much like an Amazon Marketplace seller), so these could very well be fakes:

Electronik

Positive feedback: 67%
over last 12 months (6 ratings)

PlayTrader since: 17/08/10

Sep 30, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #59 of 79
I am thinking to hit play.com on face. Just waiting for my time. I am still furious that they sent 135£ stuff in a regular mail and the post man left near the bin outside. I really like the bass they sound like full size cans, amazing. TC1975, TA. I will order the cable, but wondering how are the buds included like those double silicon ones.

Sep 30, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #60 of 79

Quote:
TC1975, TA. I will order the cable, but wondering how are the buds included like those double silicon ones.

Despite the IE8s coming with a huge selection of tips (or they usually do anyway) I personally found all of them completely useless. I don't think I'm the only person who didn't have any joy with any of the included tips.

I eventually got some custom sleeves made by ACS but I'm sure other people on this forum can recommend different universal tip that work well with the IE8.

While I fully understand people being angry that the IE8s they received from play.com didn't come with all of the accessories, from my experience the bits that they are missing aren't very important or any good. I've personally never used the cable clip, ear guides, salt pads or any of the supplied tips. I don't even use the metal case as I find it over-engineered and prefer to keep my IE8s in a (Westone) clam-shell case.

The earphones themselves are very good though ... just a useless bunch of accessories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back