UK Members: Sennheiser IE8's £134.99 @ Play.com
Sep 30, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #64 of 79
Too true but £137 is a fair bit of money.  Had they been clearly described and I was aware of what state the IEMs would come in, then not a problem.  I would have still bought them.  But they didnt.  Its the principle of this matter that makes me cross.  A once excellent online service all round has got too big for its boots and has become crap.  A little more compassion for the lady at customer service rather than sounding scripted and false wouldnt go astray either  

Quote:
Despite the IE8s coming with a huge selection of tips (or they usually do anyway) I personally found all of them completely useless. I don't think I'm the only person who didn't have any joy with any of the included tips.

I eventually got some custom sleeves made by ACS but I'm sure other people on this forum can recommend different universal tip that work well with the IE8.

While I fully understand people being angry that the IE8s they received from play.com didn't come with all of the accessories, from my experience the bits that they are missing aren't very important or any good. I've personally never used the cable clip, ear guides, salt pads or any of the supplied tips. I don't even use the metal case as I find it over-engineered and prefer to keep my IE8s in a (Westone) clam-shell case.

The earphones themselves are very good though ... just a useless bunch of accessories.

Oct 1, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #68 of 79
I must admit I find the IE8 case cumbersome. This Westone clamshell case, was it bundled with IEM's you used to own or can it be purchased? If so I would love to see a pic and a link if you don't mind
smily_headphones1.gif

The other thing I noticed wasn't in the package was the ear hooks. Are they normally in the full retail pack?

Oct 1, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #69 of 79
Hi all,

My friend lost my Sennheiser IE6 a couple of weeks back and I have been looking to buy the IE8's now. Don't get me wrong the IE6's were awesome, really nice headphones, and I've had Sennheiser for a loong time now and have developed a liking for their headphones. 

Anyway, I've been looking at this thread and Play.com is now selling the IE8 for 90?? I bought my IE6 for that. It's fine if it's just the headphones, I don't need another set of accessories anyway.  

Do you guys think this ''Elektronik" is any good? people who have bought this and have been using it, could you please say if you believe this is an original?

Thanks for the help.

Oct 1, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #70 of 79
Buying Senn IE8s for a hundred quid from an unknown third party is kinda like playing russian roulette with your wallet. That's my thoughts anyway.

You could try ringing or emailing Elekronik (sorry, freudian slip, I mean Elektronik) and seeing if they can confirm the origin of the IE8s and if they can guarantee they are genuine.

Quote:
Hi all,

My friend lost my Sennheiser IE6 a couple of weeks back and I have been looking to buy the IE8's now. Don't get me wrong the IE6's were awesome, really nice headphones, and I've had Sennheiser for a loong time now and have developed a liking for their headphones. 

Anyway, I've been looking at this thread and Play.com is now selling the IE8 for 90?? I bought my IE6 for that. It's fine if it's just the headphones, I don't need another set of accessories anyway.  

Do you guys think this ''Elektronik" is any good? people who have bought this and have been using it, could you please say if you believe this is an original?

Thanks for the help.

Oct 1, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #73 of 79
Got the 7's today.  The pair I have seem very bass light right now.  Going to leave them on repeat over night.  Not terribly impressed with how they fit right now but will give it a proper go over the weekend.  Are there any videos out there showing how to fit them properly? 

Also how easy is it to send these things back to play?  Do I have to ring them or can it be done just by the site?

Cheers.

Oct 3, 2010 at 7:54 AM Post #74 of 79

[size=medium] has anyone ordered the £99.99 ones from electronik?  It says " BOX DAMAGE OR NO BOX THIS ITEM . BUT BRAND NEW" I'm assuming these are the 'bulk' ones that come with just one tip and no pakaging...

Does it seem trustworthy? I'm not too bothered about them being fakes seeing as play.com is a pretty reputable source, and if they are then they will be the ones I have to deal with, not electronik.

[/size]

Oct 4, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #75 of 79
I personally would not buy expensive items like ie8s from Playtraders.  Too much of a risk.

Quote:

[size=medium] has anyone ordered the £99.99 ones from electronik?  It says " BOX DAMAGE OR NO BOX THIS ITEM . BUT BRAND NEW" I'm assuming these are the 'bulk' ones that come with just one tip and no pakaging...

Does it seem trustworthy? I'm not too bothered about them being fakes seeing as play.com is a pretty reputable source, and if they are then they will be the ones I have to deal with, not electronik.

[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back