UK Members: Sennheiser IE8's £134.99 @ Play.com
Sep 27, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #31 of 79
Well I think its a bloody con !!! Perhaps had they made it clear that the headphones came with no accessories I probably still would have bought them.  But they didnt and I felt mislead hence why I sent them back.  My only concern now is that Play.com states they are no longer in stock and are only sold via playtrade at approx £200.  Looks like im not going to get my IE8's now for a £137.  I'm beginning to think that I should have kept them

Sep 27, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #33 of 79
What about the warranty? Have you checked with Sennheiser if they're still covered? If they are, it shouldn't be a problem?

EDIT:
If you want to buy a pair of IE8's for a good price get them from this german place:
http://www.mp3-player.de/index.php?page=article&ID=8216&aid=124
188EUR or IE7 for 123EUR (shipping costs 23EUR under 5kg).

Sep 27, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #34 of 79
Well for some reason I decided to get a pair of ie 7s.  Always been curious about them so went ahead.  Still stuck at "packing".  I wonder are there any other members who ordered from play that got the full packaging of either the 7's (which are still in stock) or 8's?

Cheers.

Sep 27, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #35 of 79
After about an 1 Hour of listening to my new IE7s it hit me how good they were. I was toying with sending them back over the missing accessories but I personally don't think its worth it, just for a few extra bits that I'm unlikely to really use much. So I'm happy(ish)

Apart from that the headphones are by far the best I've owned.

Sep 27, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #38 of 79
Ok, so i've been searching the web and I found refurbished Sennheiser headphones mostly on the german Ebay, like this one:

Quote:
  1. The article is a customer returns from the 30-day return period.
  2. Packaging and accessories were opened, the packaging may have signs of wear.
  3. The images shown may differ!
  4. The article is in perfect condition!
  5. Unless otherwise stated, is the original manufacturer's supplied complete with it!

One other said:

Quote:
Sennheiser inspected merchandise, "Factory refurbished including a 6 months warranty from Sennheiser.
Delivery
  1. IE 8
  2. Extended set of ear adapters (S / M / L)
  3. Protective case with dry salt deposits
  4. Sound adjustment and cleaning tool
  5. Cable Clip

Both around 169-179EUR

Sep 29, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #39 of 79
Just got an email from play saying that my replacement item is being processed and that current status is awaiting stock.  Hopefully that means they are going to get in sealed units.  May take a while but its better than a refund

Sep 29, 2010 at 8:12 AM Post #40 of 79
This is a post regarding the unboxed Sennheisers from play.com.  I contacted Sennheiser direct and this is what they said

[size=small]Thank you for your email.[/size]

[size=small]Please be advised that Sennheiser are aware of the batch of headphones being sold on Play.com that you may have received.[/size]

[size=small]Sennheiser UK sold a batch of headphones to Play.com that were unboxed and without accessories for a reduced price, and these headphones were then in turn marketed by Play.com as "Basic Range IE6,7 & 8's" hence the reduction in price fro what they would be on our website.[/size]

[size=small]If you log on to [/size][size=small]www.play.com[/size][size=small] and search the headphones you have purchased it does actually detail under the headphones description what is inclusive of the package.[/size]

[size=small]I would advise that the second pair of headphones to be sent out to you will be exactly the same.[/size]

[size=small]If you would like to pay full price and have accessories etc arrive with the headphone package I would suggest going on [/size][size=small]www.sennheiser.co.uk's[/size][size=small] website and purchasing them through this channel.[/size]

[size=small]Kindest Regards,[/size]

[size=small]This is reasuring i guess though I do not remeber seeing on the headphone description that they were going to be packaged this way.  Oh well I will wait and see what my replacement item comes like[/size]

Sep 30, 2010 at 8:12 AM Post #41 of 79

[size=medium]
They sound amazing. The bass is deep and rich. I do have UE700 and these buds sounding nice. I am not sure what to do? I saw on advanced mp3player for 180£ which is 45£ extra and I already planned to get comfy tips  for 10£ as for the bass adjustment I can use any thing. They even didn't bother to send registered post and the mail was left near my door step. I check the play.com and it clears says all the crap comes with it. I am really frustrated not forgetting Sennheiser never relies to emails.

I cannot reply to your message GREGGO78 so I posted here. Hope you check it out.
[/size]

Sep 30, 2010 at 9:03 AM Post #42 of 79
Well I checked the IE7 page back when the first person (on this thread) said that they hadn't got any accessories with their 8, and it definitely listed everything. I don't remember seeing 'basic range' anywhere; it certainly wasn't in the item's title. Looks like play.com slipped up pretty bad. At least they've been accepting returns.

Sep 30, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #45 of 79
FYI
The price of IE8on play.com drops to £99.99. Not a brand new item I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back