UK Members: Sennheiser IE8's £134.99 @ Play.com
Sep 25, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #17 of 79
Tbh, even if they did come with only the headphones and and a case and nothing else, I wouldn't be overly annoyed, because realisticly all I would use is the IEMs and stick my Comply T-400s on them. I would never use all the cleaning bits etc

Either way its still Misadvertising, and if I can return/exchange them I might well do.

Sep 25, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #18 of 79

Quote:
Tbh, even if they did come with only the headphones and and a case and nothing else, I wouldn't be overly annoyed, because realisticly all I would use is the IEMs and stick my Comply T-400s on them. I would never use all the cleaning bits etc

Either way its still Misadvertising, and if I can return/exchange them I might well do.

you realise even if they were just as they should be you can return them if you want to?  play give you 28 days from delivery to return them for any reason

Sep 25, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #19 of 79
That's a very good point, ill have to wait till I get them and see if happy with them or not. If i return them though, i'm hoping I can get them to send me the IE7s with all the accessories as they advertised.

Sep 26, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #20 of 79
just makes it harder to sell them if not got all the accessories, thats all. 

Sep 26, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #21 of 79

Quote:
you realise even if they were just as they should be you can return them if you want to?  play give you 28 days from delivery to return them for any reason

According to their returns policy (emphasis theirs):

"Returning an unwanted item

You may return any unopened item within 7 days of receiving it, for a full refund. We will refund your card once we have received and processed the item.
  1. We will only refund delivery costs if the return is a result of our error.
  2. We cannot refund or exchange an opened item unless it is faulty, or if the item was sent to you through our error."

It does say at the top of the page that their returns policy is valid for 28 days. I think that only applies to incorrectly delivered of faulty goods. Have you returned stuff to play.com within that time, no questions asked? I'm not trying to call you out here, I'm genuinely interested, because knowing who will take back used IEMs is useful info!

The distance selling regs. do not require that an item be unopened, only that the item itself be in an as-new condition, and they supercede any distance seller's own T&Cs. With IEMs, though, I think a seller would have a case for refusal of return due to hygiene reasons? Others probably have more knowledge than I do.  Anyway, this is kind of a moot point in this case, since they have misrepresented the product. Just wanted to chip in, in case people were going to go buy and return crazy - I apologize if this is useless, and it's already common knowledge that play.com take back your IEMs!

More on topic: so tempted to jump for some IE7s. New to all this, not really sure what sound sig I'd like, and they're just over half my original budget. I could buy like two different headphones. That would be sweet.

Sep 26, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #22 of 79
"Returns Policy
Our returns policy is valid for 28 days from receipt of an item."

its not worth their while being more aresy than amazon since they usually cost a similar if not the same amount.  distance selling regs out do them anyway

Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
The key features of the regulations are:
  1. you must give consumers clear information including details of the goods or services offered, delivery arrangements and payment, the supplier's details and the consumer's cancellation right before they buy (known as prior information)
  2. you must also provide this information in writing
  3. the consumer has a cooling-off period of seven working days.

your going to know well within 7 WORKING days if the box and stuff is missing and no, they cant argue anything based on hygiene, DSR basicaly says its their tough if you want to return something you can

Sep 26, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #23 of 79

Quote:
your going to know well within 7 WORKING days if the box and stuff is missing and no, they cant argue anything based on hygiene, DSR basicaly says its their tough if you want to return something you can

Just actually looked the DSR up properly. There are some exceptions, but you are perfectly correct; I was actually quite surprised at how pro-consumer it is. It's going to make deciding whether or not to drop the cash a heck of a lot easier, though (and I suspect a lot of cash will be dropping. Yay head-fi!)

Thanks for the info, by the way. I guess most big sellers abide by the rules anyway, but I never would have known how much power the DSR gives you.

Sep 26, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #24 of 79
well i think DSR helps them more than it hurts, DSR makes consumers feel its safe to shop online, as a resultantly  the UK spends more online than ever far larger Germany and about twice as much as france.  if it wasnt for DSR i dont think Amazon or Play would be anything like they are

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8490207.stm

Sep 27, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #25 of 79
Collected my IE7 from the sorting office this morning and they came packaged exactly as Bennyboy71 described. Phoned and told them I wanted the item as described on there website and was told this is how they come?

I decided to send them back for a refund.

Sep 27, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #26 of 79

That's really tight of them - least they could do is make it explicit on their site when ordering that you won't get full accessories.

I think I may well go for a refund too - will give the IE7s a day or two more to impress me sufficiently to keep them, otherwise they're going back.

Quote:
Collected my IE7 from the sorting office this morning and they came packaged exactly as Bennyboy71 described. Phoned and told them I wanted the item as described on there website and was told this is how they come?

I decided to send them back for a refund.

Sep 27, 2010 at 6:16 AM Post #27 of 79
I've just contacted play.com the am and I must say that their customer service is useless.  The lady i spoke to said that she could not guarantee that my replacement sennheiser ie8 will come boxed.  She went on to say she has no contact with the people that dispatch the items to put my request in.  She wouldnt even let me talk to management.  I just hope and pray that at the very least the headphones come with the necessary accessories.  This service from Play.com has been unusually poor.  Ive dealt with them many times and they have never been like this.  

Sep 27, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #29 of 79
My ie7s have just arrived packaged the same way I contacted cutomer service and was told to return them with a cover note explaning what was missing I thought I would try to get a fully packed one certainly worth a try for the price of a stamp.

Sep 27, 2010 at 12:17 PM Post #30 of 79
Mine came today, they came with just a tin box and the headphones, nothing else. The headphones sounds pretty good out of the box, but had none of the accessories they advertised.
I rung play.com to see if I got them replaced, that they would actually come with all the accessories they advertised, but she was very vague and was not very useful.
I might well see if i can get them replaced, but so far I'm happy with the headphones them self.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back