UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April)
Feb 15, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #361 of 981
Here's a couple of attempts which kind of go together:

There was an endurance cyclist called Mark
Whose equipment came from the Ark
So he went to the mall
Updated it all
With stuff from a man named Stark

Whose new amp would glow in the dark
He covered the led
Went off to bed
But the tape caused the power to arc

Feb 15, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #362 of 981
Good stuff too. Very inventive.  
smile.gif

I especially like the first one. Very nice!

Thanks chaps, I wrote those 3 only to see an avalanche of limericks appear upon clicking send. Gentlemen our poetry appears to be big red and double deckered.

Quote:
  Wow these are brilliant so far, great job all!  I'm a bit concerned that you seem to know me rather too well though...bad dancing, IT geekery and farts...check!  Although, perhaps that could be used to describe lots of us on here 
biggrin.gif

Bad dancing, how dare you! Now where did I put that Abba record....

There was an endurance cyclist called Mark,
who read rymes on a screen, it was art;
the words inspired his journey,
to a boat where he felt floaty,
to Guernsey where he picked tyme in Sark.

Feb 15, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #363 of 981
Who wheelied through Fry Hill Park.
He rode on one tyre
For well over a mile
While reciting "To a Sky-Lark."

Feb 15, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #364 of 981
Who called to the Head-Fiers "Hark!
Though I smell queer
I bring you good cheer
And enough ale to drink till it's dark!"

Feb 16, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #365 of 981
Hahaha, very good.  
dt880smile.png

Quote:
Who called to the Head-Fiers "Hark!
Though I smell queer
I bring you good cheer
And enough ale to drink till it's dark!"

Feb 16, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #366 of 981
Who thought that he was an aardvark.
While eating some ants
He felt fire in his pants
And jumped in the lake in the park.

Feb 16, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #367 of 981
Are you allowed to bring guests?

possibly know of 2 people who may be interested to come along with me, but neither of them are head-fi users and I don't know how available they'll be at the time. Hopefully I'll be free to go but will have a lot going on over the next month or two, If I am able to I'll try and bring my NFB-11, HD600 but not sure I'll have a source, may need to buy a cable to allow connections to phones/DAPs. Hopefully I'll pick up some high end equipment in the raffle as a newbie like the previous newbie did haha :D

Had a look at some previous posts are saw the Tidal challenge so gave it a go. Anybody know if Spotify premium's "extreme quality" is lossless? Is there a online streaming service that you'd recommend over Spotify?

I got 5/5 on the Tidal challenge so got the 15 day free trial. No idea how I manage to pass it with:

Xonar DS PC sound-card
Cambridge Azur 540A - Integrated/pre-amp
Sennheiser HD600 - Headphones.

Feb 16, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #368 of 981
@robbo0

Yes indeed, guests are allowed to attend the meet and enter the raffle. They will need to just jot down their name(s) on an attendance sheet, but that's all. :)    

Quote:

possibly know of 2 people who may be interested to come along with me, but neither of them are head-fi users and I don't know how available they'll be at the time. Hopefully I'll be free to go but will have a lot going on over the next month or two, If I am able to I'll try and bring my NFB-11, HD600 but not sure I'll have a source, may need to buy a cable to allow connections to phones/DAPs.

Had a look at some previous posts are saw the Tidal challenge so gave it a go. Anybody know if Spotify premium's "extreme quality" is lossless? Is there a online streaming service that you'd recommend over Spotify?

I got 5/5 on the Tidal challenge so got the 15 day free trial. No idea how I manage to pass it with:

Xonar DS PC sound-card

Feb 16, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #369 of 981

possibly know of 2 people who may be interested to come along with me, but neither of them are head-fi users and I don't know how available they'll be at the time. Hopefully I'll be free to go but will have a lot going on over the next month or two, If I am able to I'll try and bring my NFB-11, HD600 but not sure I'll have a source, may need to buy a cable to allow connections to phones/DAPs. Hopefully I'll pick up some high end equipment in the raffle as a newbie like the previous newbie did haha :D

Xonar DS PC sound-card

No It's not lossless, if you pay for the premium service the best is 320 kbps.
I suspect using your Cambridge Azur 540A - Integrated/pre-amp was the reason for getting 5/5.

http://www.qobuz.com/
https://www.deezer.com/
https://tidalhifi.com/

These are other lossless streaming services.

Feb 16, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #370 of 981
How multiple are the encouraged multiple entries. I could have 35 limericks by the end of this week, enough to make a chap book for Mark.
biggrin.gif
 Should I slow it down? I've got one more already composed for today.

Feb 16, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #371 of 981

No It's not lossless, if you pay for the premium service the best is 320 kbps.
I suspect using your Cambridge Azur 540A - Integrated/pre-amp was the reason for getting 5/5.

http://www.qobuz.com/
https://www.deezer.com/
https://tidalhifi.com/

These are other lossless streaming services.

Thanks will check them out. Ahh not sure I'm gonna enjoy re-managing my music library and playlists..why can't there be a universal import function :frowning2:

Is my Cambridge Azur 540A actually any good? I got when I was in my early teens and had no idea about audio (only recently have I looked into what audio is and head-fi). I assumed it wasn't great as it was just what the guy at Richer Sounds pushed my way at the time. Will be nice to see how it changes with a NFB-11 as the other amps in my house where much more impressive! 
(sorry for taking it off topic)

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #372 of 981
Keep them coming as they're very entertaining. 
L3000.gif

Quote:
  How multiple are the encouraged multiple entries. I could have 35 limericks by the end of this week, enough to make a chap book for Mark.
biggrin.gif
 Should I slow it down? I've got one more already composed for today.

Feb 16, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #373 of 981
That burned for the ship Cutty Sark.
He penned bright flights of fancy
And dressed like a dandy
But they won't let him in after dark.

Feb 16, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #374 of 981
Ahhh, nothing like finishing work & checking our my favourite thread to be greeted with comedy tales of popping a wheelie with my pants on fire..or something.  Most entertaining, cheers all! 
biggrin.gif
   It is going to be very hard for us to choose a winner!!

Feb 16, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #375 of 981
  Thanks will check them out. Ahh not sure I'm gonna enjoy re-managing my music library and playlists..why can't there be a universal import function :frowning2:

Is my Cambridge Azur 540A actually any good? I got when I was in my early teens and had no idea about audio (only recently have I looked into what audio is and head-fi). I assumed it wasn't great as it was just what the guy at Richer Sounds pushed my way at the time. Will be nice to see how it changes with a NFB-11 as the other amps in my house where much more impressive! 
(sorry for taking it off topic)

My £20 portable music player testing flac & 192/320 shows clear differences, but the tidal test from my computer using Soundmagic HP200 was hopeless.

RE: Cambridge Azur 540A; Cambridge are a solid make, but as amps go it's still considered "budget". In the grand scheme of things so is my AVR but it sounds good to me for its purpose.
RE: Richer sounds: it really depends on the person, the less sales like and more relaxed they are the more helpful i find them, some are great. Test & compare the equipment as always.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back