UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April)
Dec 28, 2014 at 7:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 981

smial1966

Headphoneus Supremus

​
 ​
Stop Press - Criterion Audio will be offering a 15% product discount on orders placed during the meet. Further details in thread post #606.
 ​
Stop Press - RHA Audio will also be offering a 15% meet discount on their entire product range. Valid for event purchases only. 
 ​
Stop Press - Frank has kindly agreed to deduct 10% from his range of Toxic Cables this weekend for meet attendees ordering via PM. 

​
N.B. Pre-registration is now CLOSED
 ​
 ​
Last years (2013) Head-Fi meets in London were such fantastic events and as loads of people have expressed an interest in attending one next year, Mark (pedalhead) and I have decided to organise an officially sanctioned UK meet in April 2015.

Due to generous sponsorship from Frank (http://toxic-cables.co.uk/) Mike (http://criterionaudio.com/) and Iain (http://www.rha-audio.com/uk/this event will be FREE to Head-Fi members with complimentary refreshments (tea, coffee, soft drinks) and a light lunch of scrumptious sandwiches too. :) A raffle will be held to raise funds for Cambridgeshire Deaf Association and any monies leftover from organising the event will also be donated.

Provisionally event sponsors can arrive at 09:00 and attendees with a lot of gear to set up at 09:30. Doors open to everyone else at 10:00 with the raffle draw taking place at 16:00. The meet winds down from 16:30 onwards with it finishing promptly at 17:00.

Bar Hill village hall,

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Bar+Hill+Sports+%26+Social+Club/@52.250405,0.018699,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x8a8618ee8e270b66 -

which has good access to the M11 and A1(M) via the A14 has been booked for Saturday 25th April 2015. There is ample on-site parking, tables/chairs, a kitchen, spacious hall and accessible toilets. The hall address is - 171 The Spinney, Bar Hill, Cambridge, CB23 8SU. The hall is accessed via a residential area, so Sat Nav users enter the postcode and 171 The Spinney to pinpoint the exact location. 

Bar Hill village is well served by buses from Cambridge bus depot. The Citi 5 (operated by Stagecoach) leaves every 20 minutes on Saturdays. The closest stop to the village hall is near Apple Trees.

Relatively inexpensive accommodation is available at the nearby Travelodge for £37 per night (priced on 28/12/14). Further details - http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/42/Cambridge-Lolworth-hotel

N.B. There are no more retailer/manufacturer places available at this event as it's being kindly co-sponsored by Toxic Cables, Criterion Audio and RHA. However, it may be possible to have your equipment demonstrated at the meet if it's an innovative/unusual piece of kit. So please PM me if you're interested in pursuing this option. 

By limiting the retailer involvement we hope to encourage a more authentic member focused event with head-fiers bringing their gear for other attendees to listen to, whilst still having some high end purchasable equipment for attendees to audition. We've already lined up some esoteric kit for your aural pleasure, e.g. the Wells Audio `Headtrip' is a beast of an amp and the maker claims it's a BHSE beater! There'll also be a Goldmund Telos present, which is an exquisite amp/DAC from this renowned manufacturer. So please PM Mark (pedalhead) with the gear that you intend to bring and he'll add it to the forthcoming equipment list. 

Please spread the word via social media and posting below to keep the thread fresh.  

All meet attendees please read the following thread regarding event etiquette -

http://www.head-fi.org/t/450911/uk-meet-tips-for-newbies - as it's a useful reminder of the do's and do

nots of meet protocol. 

Dec 28, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #2 of 981
RAFFLE PRIZE LIST

Tickets are £2.50 each & only purchasable at the meet. All monies raised will go to Cambridgeshire Deaf Association. http://cambsdeaf.org/

N.B. Raffle entrants must be registered Head-Fi members or guests of the aforementioned.
Raffle prizes must be collected at the meet. Unclaimed prizes will be re-entered into the raffle as we do not have the resources to post them.  

Prize donations from retailers/manufacturers are most welcome.

1. PONO PLAYER - CLEAR LIMITED EDITION VERSION
2. HEADPHONE STAND - COURTESY OF OSCARSAUDIO
3. TISBURY AUDIO - CHALLENGE AMP 1
4. GRAIN AUDIO - OEHP HEADPHONES
5. DENON - ENVAYA BLUETOOTH SPEAKER
6. HENRY AUDIO - USB DAC 128 mkII
7. EPIPHANY ACOUSTICS - EHP-O2Di & ATRATUS III RCA INTERCONNECTS - COURTESY OF OLIVER
8. HiFiMan - HE400 HEADPHONES, HEADPHONE STAND & £150 CABLE VOUCHER - COURTESY OF FRANK 
9. AUDIOQUEST - NIGHTHAWK HEADPHONES - COURTESY OF AUDIOQUEST
10. RHA AUDIO -  T10i IN-EAR HEADPHONE - COURTESY OF IAIN, RHA AUDIO
11. THE LAMBERT COMPANY - `PLAY IT BY EAR' HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER
12. PS AUDIO - `Sprout' - DAC/HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER & MUCH MORE!
13. LAB 12 - HPA - OTL TUBE HEADPHONE AMP, DAC & PREAMPLIFIER 
14. wyred4sound - uDAC-HD - DAC & HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER
15. QED CABLES - WHOLE HEAP OF GOODIES - COURTESY OF CRITERION AUDIO & QED
16. FELIKS AUDIO - `ELISE' HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER
17. CREEK AUDIO - OBH-21mk2 HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER - COURTESY OF CREEK AUDIO
18. LAKE PEOPLE - VIOLECTRIC HPA V90 - COURTESY OF FRIED REIM
19. CUSTOM CANS - BEYER CUSTOM ONES (CUSTOMISED BY PAUL NEWMAN) - COURTESY OF JASON
20. OPPO - CALIBRATION DVD & HDMI CABLE - COURTESY OF OPPO (UK) 

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #3 of 981
This should be a superb meet. Can't wait.. and as Andy said, feel free to PM me with your gear info and if you have any questions or ideas. Cheers! Mark.

Equipment list

Here is the equipment we're currently expecting to have at the meet. This list is being continuously updated as we receive further info from prospective attendees and our sponsors.

Sources
Altmann Tera-Player (regular & Stealth Edition)
Anedio D2
Apple Ipod gen 4 & 5
Arcam rDac
Arcam rPAC
Astell & Kern AK120
Asus Xonar Essence ST (3 X LME49720HA)
Audiolab M-DAC
Auralic Vega
Benchmark DAC1
Benchmark DAC1 HDR
Bottlehead DAC
Cambridge Audio Dacmagic + BT100 transmitter
Chord Blu CD Transporter
Chord QBD76 DAC
CI Audio VDA1/VAC1
CI Audio VDA2/VAC1
Colorfly C3
Computer Audiophile Pocket Server C.A.P.S. v3 Topanga running Jriver
Cypher Labs db DAC
db Labs Tranquility
DiDiT DAC212
Eastern Electric Minimax DAC
Fiio E17K
Fiio X3
Fiio X5
iFi Micro iDAC
iMOD (240GB)
JDS Labs ODAC
Just Audio uHA-120Dsc with Sony Xperia Z1 on UAPP
Lehmann usb dac
Little Dot CDP1
M2Tech HiFace
Musical Fidelity V-DAC II
ODAC
Oppo BDP-105
Pioneer S904 CD player
Panasonic SL-SW404 MASH portable CD player
PonoPlayer
Schiit Modi
Shozy Alien
Sonosax SX-DA2
Sony NWZ-F886
Sony NWZ-ZX1 Walkman
Sony X1060 Walkman
Squeezebox 3
Squeezebox Touch + CI Audio VDC-SB
Synology DS213J
Tag Mclaren DVD32R
Turntable (TBD)

Amplification
Acoustic Research AR-M2 
ALO Audio Continental
Apex Glacier
Audioquest Dragonfly
Auralic Taurus mk2
Beresford Capella
Beyerdynamic A2
Bottlehead Crack
Burson Conductor
Cavalli Liquid Crimson
CEntrace HiFi M8
CEntrance Hifi M8 LX
Chord Hugo
Chord Hugo TT
Clarity III SE
Cmoy (various)
Creek OBH-21mk2
Cypher Labs Duet
Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2Di
Feliks Audio Elise
Fidelity Audio HPA200 SE
FiiO E12 (modded)
Grace Design m920
Graham Slee Voyager
Headamp Blue Hawaii SE
Headamp Gilmore Lite
iBasso D Zero MK2
iBasso DX50
iBasso DX90
Icon Audio HP8 MKII
iFi Micro i-can
iFi Micro i-Tube
JDS Labs O2
Just Audio AHA-120
Just Audio uHA-120Dsc
KGST (electrostatic)
Lehmann Black Cube Linear
LH Labs Geek Out 450
LH Labs Geek Pulse
Lotoo Paw Gold
Luxman R-1120 (vintage receiver)
Luxman SQ507X (vintage amp)
McCoy amp
Meier Audio Corda Classic
Meier Audio Quickstep
Meridian Explorer
Moon 430HA
Neco Soundlab V3
Neco Soundlab V4
NuForce Icon HDP
Objective 2
Oppo HA-1
Oppo HA-2
Quad PA-One
Questyle CMA800
Roland Mobile UA
RSA 'The protector'
Schiit Lyr
Schiit Magni
Schiit Valhalla
Sennheiser HDVD800
Theorem 720
Tisbury Audio Challenge Amp 1 - will be put into the raffle at the end of the day!
Topping NX1
Violectric V281
Violetric V200
Vorzuge VorzAMP Pure II
Wells Audio `Headtrip' - a beast of a headphone amplifier and the only one in Europe!
White Bird Amplification Virtus-01
Woo Audio WA2
Woo Audio WA22
Woo Audio WA6SE
World Designs HD3S
Xin Supermacro 3
Zero Audio Duoza

Headphones
Abyss AB-1266
ACS T1
AKG K3003
AKG K550
AKG K551
AKG K702
AKG K812
Alessandro MS1 (modded)
Audeze EL-8 (closed & open)
Audeze LCD2
Audeze LCD3 (balanced & SE)
Audeze LCD-X
Audeze LCD-XC
Audio Techinca ATH-A2000X
Audio Technica ATH-50
Audio Technica ATH-700
Audio Technica ATH-AD1000PRM
Audio Technica ATH-ESW10JPN
Audio Technica ATH-MSR7
Audio Technica ATH-W1000X
Audio Technica ATH-W3000ANV
Audioquest Nighthawk
Beyerdynamic DT1350
Beyerdynamic DT150
Beyerdynamic DT990 Professional (250 ohms)
Beyerdynamic T1 (balanced & stock)
Beyerdynamic T90
Blox MC2
Bowers & Wilkins P5
Creative Aurvana Live
Custom Art Audio Harmony 8
Custom Cable MH1
DBI Pro 700
DBI Pro 705
Denon AH-D2000
Denon AH-D7000
Denon D7000
DUNU 2000
DUNU DN-12 Trident
Etymotic ER4P/S
FitEar MH334 CIEM
Fostex TH900
Goldring DR150
Grado Bushmills
Grado HF-1
Grado HF-2
Grado SR-225
Grado SR-80i (modded)
HiFiMAN HE-400i
HiFiMAN HE-500 + Toxic Cables Silver Poison balanced
HiFiMAN HE-560 + Norne Draug v2 XLR
HiFIMAN HE-5LE
HiFiMAN HE-6
HiFiMAN RE-400
InEar Stagediver SD-2 
JH Audio JH13
JH Audio JH16PRO
JH Audio Roxanne
Koss Porta Pro
Logitech UE6000
Martin Logan Mikros 90
Monster Turbine Miles Davis
Mr Speakers Alpha Prime + Charleston "Audiophile" cable
Nad HP50
Oppo PM-1
Oppo PM-2
Philips Fidelio S2
PSB M4U2
Sennheiser Amperior
Sennheiser HD25-I (modded)
Sennheiser HD540 Reference Gold
Sennheiser HD580
Sennheiser HD598
Sennheiser HD600 + Cablepro Panorama XLR
Sennheiser HD650
Sennheiser HD800
Sennheiser IE800
Sennheiser Momentum
Sennheiser PX-200
Shure SE846
Skullkandy Aviator
Sony Eggo MDR-D77
Sony MDR-1R
Sony MDR-SA5000
Sony PFR-V1
Stax SR-003 Mk2
Stax SR-007 Mk1
Stax SR-009
Stax SR-404 Signature with SR-507 earpads
Superlux HD 681EVO
Superlux HD668B
Technics RP-FDA100
TripleFi-10
Ultimate Ears Triple-Fi 10
Ultrasone 900
Ultrasone Edition 10
Ultrasone Edition 8 Romeo
Ultrasone Edition 9
Ultrasone PROline 550
VModa M100
Vsonic GR07
Yamaha PH-MT220
Yuin PK1

Miscellaneous
Human Audio Tabla Pico
Oscars Audio headphone stands (various)

DISCLAIMER: Please note that the event organisers and sponsors cannot be held responsible for any breakages, thefts or any other unfortunate shenanigans affecting equipment exhibited by attendees. We're all responsible for our own gear, folks, but please let's look out for each other - don't be afraid to challenge someone if you see something odd (well, more odd than a group of mostly grown men playing with headphones all day). Thanks!

Dec 28, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #4 of 981
The first meet raffle prize is in and it's a...

Limited edition PONO Player CLEAR - brand new & unused in it's bamboo box.

Nice way to start!

Dec 28, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #5 of 981
4.5 hours by train including at least two changes?  That means time off work and two nights in a hotel or pointlessly late arrival...

I'll add a link in my signature to advertise but don't think I'll be coming
frown.gif

Dec 29, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #7 of 981
Sorry to hear that attending the meet would be such an arduous journey for you, perhaps the next one will be nearer your locale?!? 

Quote:
  4.5 hours by train including at least two changes?  That means time off work and two nights in a hotel or pointlessly late arrival...

I'll add a link in my signature to advertise but don't think I'll be coming
frown.gif

Dec 29, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #8 of 981
I'll do my utmost to attend. It's a bit of a slog from Newcastle but I'll look upon it as an opportunity to see a part of the UK that I've never seen before.

At present I have a Violectric V281, an Anedio D2 DAC and my Alpha Prime headphones w/ Charleston "Audiophile" cable (will be interesting to compare it to some of the Toxic cables).

Dec 29, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #9 of 981
I'll do my utmost to attend. It's a bit of a slog from Newcastle but I'll look upon it as an opportunity to see a part of the UK that I've never seen before.

At present I have a Violectric V281, an Anedio D2 DAC and my Alpha Prime headphones w/ Charleston "Audiophile" cable (will be interesting to compare it to some of the Toxic cables).

Thanks for replying Tony.  As I mentioned before, your Alpha Prime's are top of my "want to hear" list.  My wife & I will be making a weekend of it...lots of nice sights to see in Cambridge. I can highly recommend it :wink:.

Dec 29, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #10 of 981
Good man, your efforts to attend are appreciated. 
smile_phones.gif

Quote:

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #13 of 981
Awaiting confirmation that we'll have a Dragon Inspire IHA-1 Tube Headphone Amp at the meet...

...very nice thermionic direct coupled design by Dennis Had. 

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #15 of 981
Thanks for replying Tony.  As I mentioned before, your Alpha Prime's are top of my "want to hear" list.  My wife & I will be making a weekend of it...lots of nice sights to see in Cambridge. I can highly recommend it :wink:.

I'm always seeing your name in the Alpha Prime thread. I reckon by April 25th you'll have succumbed to temptation and bought your own :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back