UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.
Aug 25, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #1,171 of 1,381
ThomasLi,

You are most welcome to attend the meet. 

We all started out with modest setups and part of the fun at these meets is listening to other peoples gear and having a decent chat to fellow enthusiasts.  

Cheers,

Andy. 

Quote:
Hello, I would love to attend the meet! I have quite a modest set up, but could bring my gear along if anyone is interested in hearing it.
Audio gd 3.1 dac
Firestone Little Country 3 amp - Phillips 6922 tubes
Senn hd600 headphones
I broke my onkyo iPod dock so I wouldn't have any way of playing any music without a laptop or cd transport though.
Really interested in hearing some orthos that I've read so much about.
Tom

Aug 25, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #1,172 of 1,381
TheAttorney,

There's nothing wrong with being nostalgic. I dispensed with my Kuzma turntable a few years ago and most of my vinyl collection, but kept 25 of my favourite records (first purchased LP, signed vinyl, rare stuff etc) even though I can't play them anymore! 

The Koetsu cartridge is just exquisite.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Quote:
Good. I'm a novice at this selling this kind of thing, so what I'm doing is putting the album info into a spreadsheet, checking the web for  typical prices, and then setting a lower price than that.

I sold my main vinyl collection a few years back in one job lot (the dealer saw me coming), but I couldn't bear to lose this last set quite so easily...but its got to go at some point.

Excuse me while I indulge in a nostalgia moment and grieve for my old SME20a. What an exquisite piece of British engineering that was - a fitting "last turntable" Enter pic borrowed from the web:

Ok, so it looks a bit like an oil rig… but what an oil rig!

And my "last cartridge", the Koetsu Urushi. Enter another borrowed pic:

Aug 25, 2012 at 4:55 AM Post #1,173 of 1,381
Quote:
I have an AMB gamma2 DAC arriving next week - I'd be happy to bring it along if there will be a digital source to feed it (laptop?).

Cool. I'd like to hear the y2, I never got around to finishing mine.

Quote:

Excuse me while I indulge in a nostalgia moment and grieve for my old SME20a. What an exquisite piece of British engineering that was - a fitting "last turntable" Enter pic borrowed from the web:

Ok, so it looks a bit like an oil rig… but what an oil rig!

And my "last cartridge", the Koetsu Urushi. Enter another borrowed pic:

Wow, very nice turntable, I would love to hear one of these. That cart looks pretty exotic too!

Aug 25, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #1,174 of 1,381
Quote:
Holowlegs,

Congratulations you've won the Olympic competition with your entry below. 

In my estimation - and the judges decision is final - your medal guess was the closest to the eventual tally for team GB.

A bundle of audio goodies will be posted to you soonest.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Hello there

Thanks very much Andy, am over the moon.

Sorry all about the late response but have been away for two weeks.

Cheers Frank

Aug 25, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #1,175 of 1,381
Quote:
POST MEET SOIREE

Guys,

A few meet attendees have mentioned a post meet get together and I think that it would be great to have an informal drink/meal together.

So... how about convening here around 18:00 as it's nearby to the event venue and Travelodge -  http://www.menzieshotels.co.uk/hotels/south-central/cambridge/how-to-find-us/

The restaurant is open to non guests and the sample menu looks pretty good - http://www.menzieshotels.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Menzies-Cambridge-Sample-Menu.pdf

I'll need to ascertain potential numbers and book a table(s) - so please shout if you're interested in dining.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Will have a bit off this, one thing where is the desert list, do like a bit off cheese cake myself.
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 27, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #1,179 of 1,381
smial 1966
I say again - many thanks to you for organising this meet.  I’m sure we are hugely impressed by the range of gear you are bringing together and all the other aspects of your efforts.

I was originally going to drive home after the meet but would like to join you for a friendly meal so please make room for me.

Aug 27, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #1,180 of 1,381
I was going to attend but after talking to my mates (we're going to see Norwich v West Ham that day, lunchtime kick-off) I feel it may be to tight on time to attend given the sixty mile distance between the two... shame in truth.

still all is not lost as five attendees will get a pack of RCA End-Caps that I have sent to Andy to be given away... you'll need to get a raffle-ticket to get some.... enjoy all, truly.

Aug 27, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #1,181 of 1,381
Aug 28, 2012 at 7:20 AM Post #1,183 of 1,381
Raffle Update

Graham Slee - http://www.gspaudio.co.uk/ - is sending three headphone amplifiers for demonstration at the meet - the portable Voyager, entry level Novo Discrete and the Solo Ultra-Linear Diamond Edition. All of these amps are highly regarded by enthusiasts and the audio press alike. Graham Slee is a British company making superb sounding equipment in Britain that is competitively priced and astonishingly well built and engineered. 

Graham is very generously donating the Solo Ultra-Linear Diamond Edition to the charity prize raffle after it's been demoed, so do ensure that you listen to it during the meet and purchase lots of tickets to be in with a chance of winning this amazing prize.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Aug 28, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #1,184 of 1,381
Solo want! If the BHSE is present, I really want to try how overkill it is with paired with some 404. Shame that there isn't any 717 and 727 around to compare. *nudge nudge*

Aug 28, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #1,185 of 1,381
Complin,

Thanks for explaining that (and sorry for the delayed response!).  I had no idea that it had a completely different interface.

Sorry to hear about the shirts Andy.  Made any progress in sorting it out? A friend of mine used to work for checkmineout.co.uk, and they may be able to do something like that as well.

Amazing news on the Graham Slee prizes!  I can't believe there are still more being added!

Chase

Users who are viewing this thread

Back