UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.
Aug 9, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #1,051 of 1,381
This is my first post. Was going to wait till i could post an introductory topic somewhere, but i'm currently too busy. And Andy's enticement with this open competition forces me to post early
tongue_smile.gif

I am very much looking forward to this. Only discovered this new hobby a couple of months ago. Hopefully can learn some, and meet many nice people.

I don't have the best kit, but it wouldn't feel right if i turned up empty handed. Plus if i get the chance i can demo some peoples DAC Amps with my DTs. I will bring a Cowon J3 flac'd out, DT990 Premium 32ohm and ATH-M50s because i didn't see them on the list. People will be welcome to demo the EQ on the Cowon and use their own phones.

I also might be interested in some food after. Not seen any further mention of that, but i guess it'll be organised there and then.

Unfortunately/ fortunately (however you may look at it), i'm travelling from near Leicester to this Saturday morning, then heading home sometime after to South Glos/ Bristol. Not much of a help lift wise, but if it is feel free to contact me.

Sooo i'm going to place more faith in the athletes and say 27 GOLD! 14 Silver and 14 Bronze.

If anyone does ask a question direct to me, i won't be able to reply for a week. I will try, but i'll be away.

Thanks.

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #1,053 of 1,381
This sounds awesome, would really like to attend. Travelling from near Nottingham and so would much appreciate a lift if any kind traveller is willing :)

I am planning on bringing my AD2000s and can bring my Gilmore Lite if people would be interested. :)

Cheers and cant wait :)

Aug 10, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #1,055 of 1,381
Hi, very much a newb, but very much interested in attending. I have a simple set up of Fidelia on my Macbook, with an E17, Neco Soundlab V2 amp, Little Dot V2 and a rockboxed iPod. My pride and joy is my recently acquired German Maestro headphones, which I procrastinated about for eleven months!!

Best wishes

Chris 

Aug 11, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #1,060 of 1,381
Rearwing,

You're most welcome to attend! We're a friendly bunch and the meet is a great opportunity to try out different kit. 

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
Hi, very much a newb, but very much interested in attending. I have a simple set up of Fidelia on my Macbook, with an E17, Neco Soundlab V2 amp, Little Dot V2 and a rockboxed iPod. My pride and joy is my recently acquired German Maestro headphones, which I procrastinated about for eleven months!!

Best wishes

Chris 

Aug 11, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #1,063 of 1,381
Mattyhew,

Raffle tickets can only be purchased at the meet.

Cheers,

Andy.

Fell bad for Mr .45523 . Id imagine his ability to wear a pair of headphones has been somewhat limited :p

ps. Do we buy raffle tickets at the event or ahead of time :)

Aug 11, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #1,064 of 1,381
Guys,

Just watched the men's 5000 metres and Mo blitzed the opposition.

Interestingly, Steve Cram and Brendan Foster who were commentating appeared to be wearing Sennheiser HD25-II - split headband, small earcup with telltale protruding wire.

Audiophile headphones used by the BBC - good show auntie!

Cheers,

Andy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back