1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.

First

Back
62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71
73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82
Next

Last
  1. SpudHarris Contributor
    Quote:

OMG Evander Holyfield is coming to our meet. I'm bringing my gloves!! (and my dentures hehe).

2. Mattyhew
    Sorry for spam :)

Asking once more if any1 is travelling from/through the Nottingham area before I go book my train tickets. Willing to put up petrol money obviously, me and public transport don't get on too well :p

Cheers :)

3. FragmentedGod
    I completely forgot to post my guess for the medals, but looking at the medal table it's higher than I would have guessed.  Good to see GB doing so well!

Rearwing, really glad to see that someone is bringing a Macbook with Fidelia.  I've always been a PC user but recently saw some reviews on Headfonia about better playback software, all of which is Mac only.  I'd really like to hear how it compares to a PC using Foobar.  If anyone else has specific playback software that they use I'd love to have their feedback on how it performs.

4. smial1966
    FragmentedGod,

I'll be bringing my MacBook Air which has a solid state drive and Decibel playback software installed. I'm also likely to install another program to compare with Decibel by September - you're welcome to have a listen at the meet.

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:

5. Rearwing
    I am really pleased with it, I had auditioned several and had been part of the beta testing of Enqueue. Of the ones I have listened to, it gives me what I want in terms of soundscape and at the moment it operates as an audio library only - I question the need for album art!

6. OK-Guy
       46        29           29 104
    2    38   27           22 87
    3    29   17           19 65
    4    24   25           33            82

Final Medal Table: Gold - Silver - Bronze --  Total

pretty impressive for a small nation... well done Great Britain [​IMG]

7. Mattyhew
    Quote:
    Very impressive indeed. Didnt know we had so many world class boxers.
     Well gone GB 

8. OK-Guy
    bet Mitt Romney is well pissed off that the Olympics went smoothly

what a Games, gutted it's over as such, closing ceremony was stunning.

9. FragmentedGod
    Andy / Rearwing,

That sounds great on both counts. I don't have the budget to get a new mac laptop, but I know some of my friends upgrade regularly so I may be able to get a good deal on an older one.  If the difference is significant it will end up on the list heh :).

I honestly can't believe the variety of equipment and configurations on offer at the meet!  There isn't going to be enough time :).

OK-Guy, why would Mitt Romney be pissed off?  I don't follow.

Chase

10. smial1966
    Holowlegs,

Congratulations you've won the Olympic competition with your entry below. 

In my estimation - and the judges decision is final - your medal guess was the closest to the eventual tally for team GB.

A bundle of audio goodies will be posted to you soonest.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Quote:

11. julianbell92
    Congrats Frank!

12. smial1966
    FragmentedGod,

The Mitt Romney thing perplexed me too. Is he known for being anti British? 

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:

13. OK-Guy
    Quote:

yet another senator from the USA who is well up on foreign-policy... on the eve of the Olympics when Mitt Romney was in London to promote his foreign-policy to the people of the States, he questioned the UK's ability to hold a successful & secure Olympic Games, in truth he was pretty condescending about us.

well done Frank.

14. FragmentedGod
    Congrats Frank!  Sounds like it's already a good meet up for you :D.

Ahh gotcha.  I did read some of those comments.  Forgot about that.  I try not to get involved in discussions around American politics, but with stuff like this it's hard not to comment.  We elect our fair share of buffoons as well <cough>Boris<cough> :wink:.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/mittromney/a/Mitt-Romney-Quotes.htm

15. OK-Guy
    Quote:

Boris may act the buffoon but he's our buffoon and very clever with it... unlike Romney (as appears in your link)

First

Back
62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71
73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82
Next

Last