UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.
Aug 11, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #1,066 of 1,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyhew /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Fell bad for Mr .45523 . Id imagine his ability to wear a pair of headphones has been somewhat limited :p

OMG Evander Holyfield is coming to our meet. I'm bringing my gloves!! (and my dentures hehe).

Aug 11, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #1,067 of 1,381
Sorry for spam :)

Asking once more if any1 is travelling from/through the Nottingham area before I go book my train tickets. Willing to put up petrol money obviously, me and public transport don't get on too well :p

Cheers :)

Aug 12, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #1,068 of 1,381
I completely forgot to post my guess for the medals, but looking at the medal table it's higher than I would have guessed.  Good to see GB doing so well!

Rearwing, really glad to see that someone is bringing a Macbook with Fidelia.  I've always been a PC user but recently saw some reviews on Headfonia about better playback software, all of which is Mac only.  I'd really like to hear how it compares to a PC using Foobar.  If anyone else has specific playback software that they use I'd love to have their feedback on how it performs.

Aug 12, 2012 at 6:23 AM Post #1,069 of 1,381
FragmentedGod,

I'll be bringing my MacBook Air which has a solid state drive and Decibel playback software installed. I'm also likely to install another program to compare with Decibel by September - you're welcome to have a listen at the meet.

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
I completely forgot to post my guess for the medals, but looking at the medal table it's higher than I would have guessed.  Good to see GB doing so well!

Rearwing, really glad to see that someone is bringing a Macbook with Fidelia.  I've always been a PC user but recently saw some reviews on Headfonia about better playback software, all of which is Mac only.  I'd really like to hear how it compares to a PC using Foobar.  If anyone else has specific playback software that they use I'd love to have their feedback on how it performs.

Aug 12, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #1,070 of 1,381
I am really pleased with it, I had auditioned several and had been part of the beta testing of Enqueue. Of the ones I have listened to, it gives me what I want in terms of soundscape and at the moment it operates as an audio library only - I question the need for album art!

Aug 12, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #1,071 of 1,381
United States    46        29           29 104
2 China    38   27           22 87
3 Great Britain & N. Ireland    29   17           19 65
4 Russian Federation    24   25           33            82

Final Medal Table: Gold - Silver - Bronze --  Total

pretty impressive for a small nation... well done Great Britain
beerchug.gif

Aug 12, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #1,072 of 1,381
Quote:
United States    46        29           29 104
2 China    38   27           22 87
3 Great Britain & N. Ireland    29   17           19 65
4 Russian Federation    24   25           33            82

Final Medal Table: Gold - Silver - Bronze --  Total

pretty impressive for a small nation... well done Great Britain
beerchug.gif

Very impressive indeed. Didnt know we had so many world class boxers.
 Well gone GB 

Aug 13, 2012 at 4:45 AM Post #1,074 of 1,381
Andy / Rearwing,

That sounds great on both counts. I don't have the budget to get a new mac laptop, but I know some of my friends upgrade regularly so I may be able to get a good deal on an older one.  If the difference is significant it will end up on the list heh :).

I honestly can't believe the variety of equipment and configurations on offer at the meet!  There isn't going to be enough time :).

OK-Guy, why would Mitt Romney be pissed off?  I don't follow.

Chase

Aug 13, 2012 at 4:57 AM Post #1,075 of 1,381
Holowlegs,

Congratulations you've won the Olympic competition with your entry below. 

In my estimation - and the judges decision is final - your medal guess was the closest to the eventual tally for team GB.

A bundle of audio goodies will be posted to you soonest.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Quote:
Hello there

Well here is my guess.

Gold 29
Silver 18
Bronze 18

Cheers Frank

Aug 13, 2012 at 4:59 AM Post #1,076 of 1,381
Congrats Frank!

Aug 13, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #1,077 of 1,381
FragmentedGod,

The Mitt Romney thing perplexed me too. Is he known for being anti British? 

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
Andy / Rearwing,

That sounds great on both counts. I don't have the budget to get a new mac laptop, but I know some of my friends upgrade regularly so I may be able to get a good deal on an older one.  If the difference is significant it will end up on the list heh :).

I honestly can't believe the variety of equipment and configurations on offer at the meet!  There isn't going to be enough time :).

OK-Guy, why would Mitt Romney be pissed off?  I don't follow.

Chase

Aug 13, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #1,078 of 1,381
Quote:

The Mitt Romney thing perplexed me too. Is he known for being anti British?

yet another senator from the USA who is well up on foreign-policy... on the eve of the Olympics when Mitt Romney was in London to promote his foreign-policy to the people of the States, he questioned the UK's ability to hold a successful & secure Olympic Games, in truth he was pretty condescending about us.

well done Frank.

Aug 13, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #1,079 of 1,381
Congrats Frank!  Sounds like it's already a good meet up for you :D.

Ahh gotcha.  I did read some of those comments.  Forgot about that.  I try not to get involved in discussions around American politics, but with stuff like this it's hard not to comment.  We elect our fair share of buffoons as well <cough>Boris<cough> :wink:.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/mittromney/a/Mitt-Romney-Quotes.htm

Aug 13, 2012 at 6:55 AM Post #1,080 of 1,381
Quote:
Congrats Frank!  Sounds like it's already a good meet up for you :D.

Ahh gotcha.  I did read some of those comments.  Forgot about that.  I try not to get involved in discussions around American politics, but with stuff like this it's hard not to comment.  We elect our fair share of buffoons as well <cough>Boris<cough> :wink:.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/mittromney/a/Mitt-Romney-Quotes.htm

Boris may act the buffoon but he's our buffoon and very clever with it... unlike Romney (as appears in your link)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back