1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.

First

Back
59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
Next

Last
  1. smial1966
    ElectroMod,

I'm back and raring to go!  [​IMG]

Most of that 40kg is ballast to counteract the wobble from the wonky transport mechanism, besides which, any fool knows that Esoteric gear is just re-badged TEAC equipment. 

Just kidding!  [​IMG]

Cheers,

Andy.

P.S. I'm rather fond of a nice Malbec. 

Quote:

2. smial1966
    Guys,

As the Olympic games are in full flow and team GB are doing rather well, I think that we'll have a super sporting themed competition. So the question is...

"How many medals will team GB win at the 2012 Olympiad?" You need to specify the number of gold, silver and bronze medals. 

The competition is open to all thread posters and closes at 18:00 on Thursday 9th August - thereby adding an element of luck/guesswork. One entry per person. 

The prize...

An as new DAP, pair of good quality portable headphones and a headphone amplifier. All the gear is used but in pristine condition and conservatively worth £300. 

GOOD LUCK!

Cheers,

Andy. 

3. zenpunk
    Can I just get the cash? I already have too many equipments.

Gold: Zero
    Silver: Zero
    Bronze: Maybe

4. smial1966
    zenpunk,

The cash alternative is a voucher (worth £1) admitting two people to the wonderful `Museum of Contemporary Cement' in Grimsby. If wet and dry aggregates are your thing it's a great day out.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Quote:

5. Holowlegs
    Well that was a great day yesterday for team GB 6 golds in one day, great stuff.

6. Dazhead

7. zenpunk
    Quote:
    That's probably mean I will be missing out on a great day out in Grimsby. [​IMG] Can I have another go as I didn't realised the thing already started....
    Gold: 6
    Silver: doubt it
    Bronze: unlikely

8. suicidal_orange
    I've seen this thread a couple of times and been considering coming but it's not in a great place for me.  4+ hours on a train then ... how long on the bus?  Will there even be a bus at 7am or 11pm?  And has anyone mapped walking to the Travelodge?  It's a 10 mile route [​IMG] Think I'd pretend to be a bike...

9. Holowlegs
    Quote:

Where have you been [​IMG]

Team GB doing great couple more golds today. 16 in total so far.

10. OK-Guy
    23 Golds for Great Britain in total I reckon... I would put a figure for all nedals but I won once and don't feel the need to defend my title [​IMG]

11. pcf
    Quote:
    Possible but won't be easy- 5000m; open water swim; Triathlon; Equestrian.. What else? Boxing? Gymnastics? 
    Please don't say 400m hurdles. It is not going to happen.

12. OK-Guy
    plus sailing, cycling, karate and the canoe'ist... might sneak one in the hockey.

really enjoying these games... the support for all athletes has been amazing.

13. smial1966
    suicidal_orange,

Unfortunately wherever the meet is held will be inconvenient for some folks.

Cambridge was chosen due to it's reasonably central location geographically and easy access from London (M11) and the North (via the A1(M) and A14). 

Bar Hill village is well served by buses from Cambridge bus depot. The Citi 5 (operated by Stagecoach) leaves every 20 minutes on Saturdays. The closest stop to the village hall is near Apple Trees.

You are factually incorrect asserting that it's a 10 mile walk from the meet to the Travelodge, as the reception desk staff assured me that there is a pedestrian cut-through and the walk takes approx. 10 minutes.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Quote:

14. smial1966
    IMPORTANT MEET INFORMATION

Guys,

I need a rough estimate of how many attendees are likely to turn up on September 15th - so please PM me a short message if you're definitely attending the meet. 

Thanks,

Andy. 

15. suicidal_orange

Thanks Andy, you are of course right about the location.  I was just spoiled by Manchester two or three years ago - one train, short walk to hotel and didn't need to go any further.  It's my fault for living in the South West and not having any interested friends, it's much cheaper to come on the train but relying on them running on time to get a bus isn't ideal.

You're right about the hotel too but when plugging in the two postcodes this was google's walking route recommendation:
    badroute.jpg
    The bike option is "only" 2 miles, most of them in the wrong direction!  I found it funny, hopefully I didn't scare anyone away with my badly worded joke...

First

Back
59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
Next

Last