UiiSii impressions thread
Mar 26, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #46 of 193
Gotcha, thanks for the clarification!

Btw the HM7 look like they would be perfect for listening to music or watching movies in bed before going to sleep. They are sooo tiny!

The US90 sounds very much like the HM7 but is even smaller. Look at the size of the eartip compared to the size of the earpiece then pull out one of your own eartips just to get a real sense of their size.
In the meantime I'll make a concerted effort to reevaluate my US90.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #47 of 193
Mar 26, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #48 of 193
Was over on Gearbest for another reason and went looking at their 4th anniversary sales. Quite a few UiiSii items and even some KZ. Not very much of a deal on some of the sale prices compared to the regular price though. Most disappointed was that 2 of the 3 S size CM5 are listed as discontinued and the pink ones are on sale for $22 instead of $25. While of course there's still the Amazon $11 price for the L size.

Mar 27, 2018 at 4:43 AM Post #49 of 193
That`s the thing with chi-fi brand hyped IEMs - most of them run out of stock (and thus consistent QC & SQ) but producer(brand) wants to earn further with praised and widely bought product.
Hope CM5 will be produced longer period but it seems they will run out soon... just a guess though.

Mar 27, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #50 of 193
That`s the thing with chi-fi brand hyped IEMs - most of them run out of stock (and thus consistent QC & SQ) but producer(brand) wants to earn further with praised and widely bought product.
Hope CM5 will be produced longer period but it seems they will run out soon... just a guess though.

You might be right that CM5 is running out soon. I personally believe that CM5 is an older model. I bought it from Taobao based on the impressions from @Slater and @mbwilson111 and I am not disappointed at all.

Apr 3, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #51 of 193
Soo this showed up today!

I like the packaging, and the Hi-Res addiction certification. xD

IMG_20180403_194905.jpg

OOTB Impressions:

Took stock tips off immediately, put on some Sony Hybrid mediums (green) and plugged the CM5 straight into my OnePlus X. Bass is a bit flabby with these tips, but very deep and nice sub bass. Not much definition in the highs but that's to be expected before burn in. CM5 deals with fast sounds very well. This graphene dual diaphragm needs to soften up substantially. Gonna try the Auvio medium tips now, they're wider bore and should tame the bass flabbiness.

PS. Accessories are great, this case is just wonderful quality. Some normal and butterfly tips included, as well as a velcro strap instead of a chin slider. Pretty good overall package. So far these are way comfier to wear than the TRN v20! Although I think the CM5 Small size version would have been even comfier for me.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #52 of 193
Soo this showed up today!

I like the packaging, and the Hi-Res addiction certification. xD

OOTB Impressions:

Took stock tips off immediately, put on some Sony Hybrid mediums (green) and plugged the CM5 straight into my OnePlus X. Bass is a bit flabby with these tips, but very deep and nice sub bass. Not much definition in the highs but that's to be expected before burn in. CM5 deals with fast sounds very well. This graphene dual diaphragm needs to soften up substantially. Gonna try the Auvio medium tips now, they're wider bore and should tame the bass flabbiness.

PS. Accessories are great, this case is just wonderful quality. Some normal and butterfly tips included, as well as a velcro strap instead of a chin slider. Pretty good overall package. So far these are way comfier to wear than the TRN v20! Although I think the CM5 Small size version would have been even comfier for me.

Be sure to try KZ Starlines if you have a pair to spare :)\

Also, that shipping box had more wasted space than a bag of potato crisps LOL

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #54 of 193
Be sure to try KZ Starlines if you have a pair to spare :)\

Also, that shipping box had more wasted space than a bag of potato crisps LOL

Unfortunately not, I still need to get a hold of some!

Yeah this box is huge tbh, I wouldn't even be sure whats in it if I wasn't expecting them to arrive. It could easily house a pair of full sized headphones. What a waste of packaging, I'll be sure to reuse it though. :alien:

PS. Changed tips to medium Auvios with a wider bore and we're back towards the balanced side of things, however it has made them sound somewhat brighter. Maybe thats again just the driver needing burn in, we'll see!

EDIT: Are you guys talking about these - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-P...arphone-Silicone-Eartips-Ear/32723329957.html

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #55 of 193
Apr 3, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #56 of 193
Yes.

There was a seller on ebay recently who was selling 15 pairs for $0.99 (in any size you want ie all M or all L). I bought a lifetime supply!

Okay gotcha thanks!

Looked on eBay, doesn't seem like they're around anymore so will buy off AliX.

Just want to say something... I know its early days and all but the TRN v20 impressed me waaay more with their sound OOTB than the CM5. I even just A/B'd them quickly and the v20 just sounds faaarr superior in bass amount/texture, resolution of highs, cleanliness of presentation. Even sound stage! So far the only better thing about the CM5 is much better comfort and shape.

Apr 3, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #57 of 193
Experiment: How well does audio material mixed using UiiSii CM5s as monitors translate to various IEMs laying about?

Listening to music on YouTube that I mixed live with the CM5 Sunday morning:

If I listen back with the UiiSii set, I'm almost ready to be pleased with the way it turned out. Smooth and creamy, with nice reverb tails.

Listening on KZ ZS6, I'm having a "what was I thinking?" moment, as it sounds pretty bad. Harsh is the word.

ZS5 on the same material, the mix doesn't sound so bad at all. ZS3- almost as nice as the CM5. Reverb has somewhat disappeared though.

Let me dig out the ZST... Ahh, that's better, these sound better on this than the CM5. Brings out the snare and cymbals. I like this.

My source is the overly bassy earphone out of an uber-cheap HP mini desktop PC. Great for EDM, not so great for critical listening, lol.

The mix was taken off of a stereo auxiliary bus of our 32 channel digital mixer. Any EQ done to individual instruments and was what was needed to make the mix sound right in the room, mixed by another technician. For my auxiliary mix, I had control of individual channel volumes and reverb volume.
Unfortunately, we have only two drum mics on kick and snare, EQed to give some low end to those instruments in the room. When recorded, pretty much what you get is a dull thud.
The last time i did audio for television was for several years in the mid-90's with a room full of audio gear. This time I had an android tablet and a set of headphones. Still, it came out pretty well.

Disclaimer: I won't link the YouTube video, since I don't know what Head-Fi policy is regarding religious material. This is a video of the full Easter service at my church last Sunday. PM me for the link if you are interested in hearing it, I guess, so you can listen along at home? Mods, please let me know if this is okay...

Apr 3, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #58 of 193
Okay gotcha thanks!
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/252969823455
Looked on eBay, doesn't seem like they're around anymore so will buy off AliX.

Just want to say something... I know its early days and all but the TRN v20 impressed me waaay more with their sound OOTB than the CM5. I even just A/B'd them quickly and the v20 just sounds faaarr superior in bass amount/texture, resolution of highs, cleanliness of presentation. Even sound stage! So far the only better thing about the CM5 is much better comfort and shape.
Do a quick search either through the KZ thread or the deals thread and you should be able to find the 15 pairs for a buck deal. Here's the link to the large size from my last purchase, it might be a good link but I had to get it out of the eBay app and I've had issues trying to share links before.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/252969823455

More on topic… Any sign of a deal price on the small sized CM5? I find the large ones a bit uncomfortable even after tip rolling.

Apr 3, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #59 of 193
… Also, that shipping box had more wasted space than a bag of potato crisps LOL
I'm not able to get around well so Amazon Prime's order any single item and we'll still ship it to you for free in a couple of days policy is a life saver. I have a friend who drops by once a week to help around the place and with shopping. I've gotten the occasional box from Amazon with free space like that package and even worse, that is more wasted space. I had commented to my friend that there was nowhere that I could find on the Amazon site to comment on the packaging and how I really wouldn't mind say a padded envelope instead of the huge box and its associated waste. Surprisingly just a few days after I made the comment Amazon added another category to the feedback they ask for. In addition to asking for product reviews and sellers asking for customer service reviews Amazon now has a review the packaging and shipping choice.

I go a bit off topic just to point out that if the excess packaging bothers you (this is a generic you not directed @Slater who lives in the overseas from USA and so Amazon USA stuff wouldn't apply anyway) there actually is something you can do. Its obvious that Amazon looks at feedback and changes their policies. I don't believe because they're interested in me or doing the right thing but simply because the more they please people the more people will buy from them.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #60 of 193
Do a quick search either through the KZ thread or the deals thread and you should be able to find the 15 pairs for a buck deal. Here's the link to the large size from my last purchase, it might be a good link but I had to get it out of the eBay app and I've had issues trying to share links before.

More on topic… Any sign of a deal price on the small sized CM5? I find the large ones a bit uncomfortable even after tip rolling.

Thanks man I'll check it out.

So far the only small size I've seen can be bought on AliExpress, but there isn't a deal on them at the moment. I feel like they're going out of production. Amazon only has the large CM5.

If I end up liking these I will defo buy the small version! Hopefully they won't disappear.

PS. I tried to order from that eBay link you posted but apparently the seller doesn't ship to the UK, so I've sent them a message and ask if it's something they could do. I mean 15 pairs for $0.99 is insanely good!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back