UiiSii impressions thread
Apr 6, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #76 of 193
Excellent. Great bargain.

Apr 18, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #77 of 193
I love that UiiSii included this information!

PS. I found tips that actually make the CM5 sound like they should sound. None of the other tips work for me (not the Auvio tips, or Sony Hybrids), except the bullet stock tips! How haven't had IEMs for a while where stock tips beat all the others. I see what you mean @Slater when you said these are super sensitive to tip rolling! I just didin't expect incorrect tips to make them sound so wrong haha

I was using large Starlines on my CM5 before your post and was really enjoying them however I always felt like the seal could be better. Tried the large stock Bullets for the first time and Wham! The bass filled in and the entire sound spectrum improved. Mind you it was great before, but now it's on another level. Vocals are still clear. Bass is more present and filled in especially sub bass with no bleed into the other frequencies. Highs are just slightly rolled off with absolutely no sibilance. Fit is better...got a good seal now...Still hard to believe I got these for 8.99 with 2 day shipping from Amazon. Glad I bought 3 pairs..Best deal of 2018.....so far......

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #78 of 193
IMG-20180418-WA0009.jpeg
After striving to get a good fit. I Found a decent fit with them. They are to big for my ears. Not exactly confortable.

So far, they are more than good enough. Very Controled Bass. Vocals upfront. Sparkle but not sibilance. A solid V-shaped. With a better rendering and resolution than my edr2. Wich have a similar signature in terms of volume. The Uiisii has a awesome stage.

I Just did a a/b with my re-400 and the hifiman sounded anemic ? Well, i was listening to rap songs and in a vibe of enjoying Bass. But what stood out was the awesome stage of cm5. Uissi cm5, adding fun to the sound, without shortcomings...

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #79 of 193

After striving to get a good fit. I Found a decent fit with them. They are to big for my ears. Not exactly confortable.

So far, they are more than good enough. Very Controled Bass. Vocals upfront. Sparkle but not sibilance. A solid V-shaped. With a better rendering and resolution than my edr2. Wich have a similar signature in terms of volume. The Uiisii has a awesome stage.

I Just did a a/b with my re-400 and the hifiman sounded anemic ? Well, i was listening to rap songs and in a vibe of enjoying Bass. But what stood out was the awesome stage of cm5. Uissi cm5, adding fun to the sound, without shortcomings...

Sorry about the fitment. It sounds like you're a perfect candidate for the new S size!

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:22 PM Post #80 of 193
Sorry about the fitment. It sounds like you're a perfect candidate for the new S size!

No need to feel Sorry ! I loved the recommendation. I was in need of a fun iem. As i Said, sometimes my neutralish faves sound anemic depending on my Mood. And, the Uissi add a incredible stage to the game... vocals upfront... I Will spend a Lot of time with these. With a bigger tip from KZ i found good isolation. Altought not really confortable. Is no problem. My beloved ez ask can be unconfortable as well :)

Yes, the s version should be better for me.

Apr 19, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #81 of 193
I seriously doubt they're a good fit for anyone, but I have noticed little tricks you can do.

1. don't use a small tip(seal is easily broken my movement of your head/mouth etc), you're better off using medium or large and just going for an outer seal if you got small ears. It actually sounds better to me when it isn't deep. Part of the reason I love them so much is that they sound great without being way the fk up my ear canal. Honestly they don't even seem designed to be wax pushers, but compared to IT01 for example which go pretty deep, their fit seems closer to earbud hybrids than most IEMs.

2. if you do gotta get it up there, adjust it using the bottom tips. trying to adjust it with any other part is just frustrating. I usually lightly snap my fingers about 4 inches from my ears to test if I got a good seal. I mean you can hear it either way, but its pretty obvious.

It takes SKILL AND PATIENCE to use the budget god iems. I can match ears and get em in there with my eyes closed now with my budgetfu.

Oh, and whether or not its your style of music. Led Zeppelin Dazed and Confused, compare CM5 to other headphones or IEMs, let me know if you find one that sounds better with that kind of vocals/instruments that isn't 1k+ cause I'm still looking.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 5:33 AM Post #82 of 193
1. don't use a small tip(seal is easily broken my movement of your head/mouth etc), you're better off using medium or large and just going for an outer seal if you got small ears. It actually sounds better to me when it isn't deep. Part of the reason I love them so much is that they sound great without being way the fk up my ear canal. Honestly they don't even seem designed to be wax pushers, but compared to IT01 for example which go pretty deep, their fit seems closer to earbud hybrids than most IEMs.

That's my experience as well. I had to use big tips to get an over Seal and the body of the iem be a little bit far from my ear. In the end the over ear style Works for nothing. Really weird.

Last edited:
May 5, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #85 of 193
Last edited:
May 5, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #86 of 193
Anyone know anything about the UiiSi E6?

@GrassFed speaks very highly of it:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...-reference-list.805930/page-675#post-14216926
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...-reference-list.805930/page-677#post-14217227
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...-reference-list.805930/page-680#post-14219540

It looks identical to the UiiSii US80 model. It could just be a new model name for the same thing. QKZ does this all of the time; giving the same model a new name (not sure why; perhaps to make it seem like they are developing new stuff, or perhaps to escape poor reviews and confuse people).

Anyone? New toy bias? He's also got the CM5, and supposedly it holds its own against the CM5.

May 5, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #87 of 193
I like the one I think of as the Sydney Opera House spaceship design IEM. Its the model 2 (?) that goes on sale in the Gearbest deal thread here every so often for $2. Each time I look at it then decide I can't buy it because shipping is $3 or 150% the cost of the product. I was raised in a very frugal manner and the relatively huge shipping cost gets me every time. Can someone chime in with whether they're worth $5?

May 5, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #89 of 193
It looks identical to the UiiSii US80 model.

I have the Us80. I will give it a listen at some point...busy week with my daughter arriving fromm the States Wednesday. Right now it is hanging near my back door because of the perfume smell that has saturated it since I bought it. I thought maybe Uiisii had done that because I bought the pink one but @paulindss said in another thread that his silver H7 smelled too. I bought mine because it was pink. I did not ask for perfume! I don't think it is going to come out.

May 5, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #90 of 193
Right now it is hanging near my back door because of the perfume smell that has saturated it since I bought it.
Haha I just smelled the cable, there is some perfume smell, but it's not strong or I'm just not sensitive. But I do dislike perfume.

A bit more back to back comparison with CM5 - take the CM5's rumbling bass and tell it "is that all you got", and the result is the E6 :beyersmile: Treble is down a notch or two on E6, mid seems a little thicker to me. Things just sound exciting and real on this pair, especially drum and percussions. Both CM5 and E6 demand perfect seal to for the bass and sound stage to show. I like wide bore tips on all of my IEMs, but the difference between wide and narrow bore is so clear with these Uiisii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back