UiiSii impressions thread
Apr 4, 2018 at 3:00 AM Post #61 of 193
I go a bit off topic just to point out that if the excess packaging bothers you (this is a generic you not directed @Slater who lives in the overseas from USA and so Amazon USA stuff wouldn't apply anyway) there actually is something you can do. Its obvious that Amazon looks at feedback and changes their policies. I don't believe because they're interested in me or doing the right thing but simply because the more they please people the more people will buy from them.

Nah, it doesn't bother me a bit. It should/would bother the shipping companies though. I'm sure they would love to know if (as an exampls) every single box in a truck or plane had 400% wasted space.

In general, Amazon does a fairly efficient job of packing stuff and using an appropriate sized box. I've been quite please with Amazon over the years as well. They probably only use oversized boxes when they don't have something smaller that would work.

FYI, I am in Cincinnati, Ohio (ie the good ol' US of A).

Apr 4, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #62 of 193
Nah, it doesn't bother me a bit. It should/would bother the shipping companies though. I'm sure they would love to know if (as an exampls) every single box in a truck or plane had 400% wasted space.

In general, Amazon does a fairly efficient job of packing stuff and using an appropriate sized box. I've been quite please with Amazon over the years as well. They probably only use oversized boxes when they don't have something smaller that would work.

FYI, I am in Cincinnati, Ohio (ie the good ol' US of A).
and here I was thinking you were an international man of mystery

Apr 4, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #64 of 193

ap.gif

Apr 4, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #65 of 193
For some reason I was thinking UK myself so definitely international man of mystery indeed (pretend I took the time to find an Austin Powers meme and inserted here)

Actually as an attempt to get back on topic… the Gearbest deal thread has a few models on sale. I was tempted to try the 200 for $3 until I saw it'd cost another $3 for shipping

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #66 of 193
Thanks man I'll check it out.

So far the only small size I've seen can be bought on AliExpress, but there isn't a deal on them at the moment. I feel like they're going out of production. Amazon only has the large CM5.

If I end up liking these I will defo buy the small version! Hopefully they won't disappear.

PS. I tried to order from that eBay link you posted but apparently the seller doesn't ship to the UK, so I've sent them a message and ask if it's something they could do. I mean 15 pairs for $0.99 is insanely good!

Yea I got a boatload of the tips. And they arrived within 7 days from China to US.....hmm wonder why other stuff takes so long.....

Apr 4, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #67 of 193
Yea I got a boatload of the tips. And they arrived within 7 days from China to US.....hmm wonder why other stuff takes so long.....

I managed to order 30 from that seller that @bsoplinger suggested. Let's see how long it takes for them to arrive.

Safe to say, I will never run out. Fantastic deal though, why is he selling them so cheap I wonder.

Apr 4, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #68 of 193
I think the package size has everything to do with the variance in delivery time. I got mine very quickly. The package wasn't even really padded just heavier than regular envelope paper. And it was about the size of a post card or personal (versus business) sized letter. Finally it wasn't particularly thick. I'm thinking that if it can travel through the system and get through the automatic routing systems used for letters that's when you get it quickly.

Apr 5, 2018 at 4:56 AM Post #69 of 193
I love that UiiSii included this information!

IMG_20180405_095020.jpg

PS. I found tips that actually make the CM5 sound like they should sound. None of the other tips work for me (not the Auvio tips, or Sony Hybrids), except the bullet stock tips! How haven't had IEMs for a while where stock tips beat all the others. I see what you mean @Slater when you said these are super sensitive to tip rolling! I just didin't expect incorrect tips to make them sound so wrong haha

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #70 of 193

PS. I found tips that actually make the CM5 sound like they should sound. None of the other tips work for me (not the Auvio tips, or Sony Hybrids), except the bullet stock tips! How haven't had IEMs for a while where stock tips beat all the others. I see what you mean @Slater when you said these are super sensitive to tip rolling! I just didin't expect incorrect tips to make them sound so wrong haha

I tried rolling a few sounded like crap plus CM5 aren't deep fitting so I was having a pretty frustrating time attempting to get them on, ended up with the same conclusion as you, back to the tips that came with it, but not the ones that were stock.

Apr 5, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #71 of 193

I love the description of burn-in they included.:ksc75smile:

Of the stock tips, the large "butterfly" worked best for me, but the generic wide bore I already had work better. Close second is large reversed foams.

Apr 5, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #72 of 193
I tried rolling a few sounded like crap plus CM5 aren't deep fitting so I was having a pretty frustrating time attempting to get them on, ended up with the same conclusion as you, back to the tips that came with it, but not the ones that were stock.

I love the description of burn-in they included.:ksc75smile:

Of the stock tips, the large "butterfly" worked best for me, but the generic wide bore I already had work better. Close second is large reversed foams.

Yeah! Mine came with the bigger Butterfly tips attached to the CM5, they don't work for me at all. In fact the only stock tips that work for me are the wider bore large bullet type tips (not the biggest small bore ones!).

EDIT: Well I think I finally hear what everyone has been raving on about! Although I wish the bass quantity was a bit less, and it was slightly better controlled. Still early days though. The mids are pretty nice overall, highs are decent... not as refined as the TRN v20 but still good! Sound stage is again decent, nothing spectacular... but then again these only cost like $11.

So far I would say technically the TRN v20 is superior!

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #73 of 193
Yeah! Mine came with the bigger Butterfly tips attached to the CM5, they don't work for me at all. In fact the only stock tips that work for me are the wider bore large bullet type tips (not the biggest small bore ones!).

EDIT: Well I think I finally hear what everyone has been raving on about! Although I wish the bass quantity was a bit less, and it was slightly better controlled. Still early days though. The mids are pretty nice overall, highs are decent... not as refined as the TRN v20 but still good! Sound stage is again decent, nothing spectacular... but then again these only cost like $11.

So far I would say technically the TRN v20 is superior!
Yes. Unfortunately for me, the only tip that sealed well was narrow bore, strangling the wow factor out of the sound.
The Earphones Plus large tips I use are not only wide bore, but have a shorter distance than many others between the IEM nozzle and the front opening of the tip. Since I have wide/shallow ear openings, they work well for me.

Apr 5, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #74 of 193
I just unpacked and stuck 'em in my ears and listened. Nothing more.

Apr 6, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #75 of 193

Users who are viewing this thread

Back