UiiSii impressions thread
Mar 24, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #17 of 193
Does anyone have the smaller 'female' size CM5? Or is it too brandy new?

Don't think so. At least not from what I've seen.

You can buy them either on Ali or Amazon US, not on offer though.

Mar 24, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #18 of 193
Last edited:
Mar 24, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #19 of 193
Thanks for starting this thread. I am a long time UiiSii fan and feel the brand deserves more attention. I currently own the HM7, Hi-905, BA-T8. BA-T7, CM5 and Hi-820. (listed in order of purchase) Other than the HM7 all were purchase without me finding any reviews or information about what to expect in relation to their sound quality. As a brand I have found all their products to be very well made and of a high quality. I feel I should mention that from my experience with these 6 models, I have not found an "UiiSii" sound, all of these earphones have a completely different look and sound. Hopefully this thread will help you find the UiiSii that best suits your budget and preferences.

20180324_133507.jpg

Mar 24, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #20 of 193
@RvTrav very nice collection you have there!

The best thing is it's that all those IEMs cost less than $100 in total, right?

:p

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #22 of 193
Thanks for starting this thread Doc, my pair of Uiisii's the CM5 and BA-T8s:

I was pretty meh about the regular T8. The hybrid version (T8S) is supposed to be a big improvement over the non-hybrid version (but I have never heard it).

Unfortunately it gets confusing as to which T8 people are talking about. From a grammatical standpoint, the plural and possessive form of the REGULAR T8 is too easily confused with the HYBRID T8.

Like in these examples:

"My T8s cable is too thin and fragile."
"I like them so much, I bought more than 1 set of T8s."
"I like the T8s much better than the KZ ZST."

Can you tell which one is which?

In my examples above, the 1st 2 statements referred to the NON-HYBRID T8 (techncially the 1st one needed an apostrophe, but on the Internet people often don't use perfect grammar). The last statement referred to the HYBRID T8s version.

See how confusing it can be, as we discuss the T8 models in this thread?

It also doesn't help that they use BA in both models (BA most often associated with Balanced Armature, aka a hybrid).

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #23 of 193
I'm interested to see what UiiSii does in the future. The dual-dynamic unit in the CM5 sounds really impressive in ways that the dual-dynamic KZ ZSE only wishes it could, so more left-of-center innovation like that will be exciting.

Mar 24, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #24 of 193
I'm interested to see what UiiSii does in the future. The dual-dynamic unit in the CM5 sounds really impressive in ways that the dual-dynamic KZ ZSE only wishes it could, so more left-of-center innovation like that will be exciting.

This is why KZ need graphenes in their lineup. The bright presentation, treble extension, and overall coherence that graphene provides could easily replace 1 or more of the BA drivers KZ keeps cramming into its models.

There's very few (if any) graphene hybrids that I am aware of. I think we haven't seen them yet because they would be redundant from a treble standpoint (and likely TOO piercing when paired with BAs). The sub bass and bass is another story though, and I feel it's graphene's bigest strength.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #25 of 193
After giving it a short listen to refresh my memory, the U2 actually has a decent sound. A little bass light with forward vocals, plus I didn’t hear any indication of piercing highs. Vocals were fairly lifelike which is impressive for the $2 cost.
I have the U1, that are earpods-style. The tuning of mine resemble your description of the U2. Bass are soft and light, the vocals forward and the highs subdued enough for not feel harshness. Same driver, probably. Almost as cheap.

They are the pair of earbuds i normally use for listen things like podcast/youtube and similar.

Mar 24, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #26 of 193
Thanks for starting this thread. I am a long time UiiSii fan and feel the brand deserves more attention. I currently own the HM7, Hi-905, BA-T8. BA-T7, CM5 and Hi-820. (listed in order of purchase) Other than the HM7 all were purchase without me finding any reviews or information about what to expect in relation to their sound quality. As a brand I have found all their products to be very well made and of a high quality. I feel I should mention that from my experience with these 6 models, I have not found an "UiiSii" sound, all of these earphones have a completely different look and sound. Hopefully this thread will help you find the UiiSii that best suits your budget and preferences.

Tell us what you like about your Hi-905 and Hi-820.

Mar 24, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #27 of 193
Regarding your request to tell you what I like about the Hi-905 and Hi-820 I will start with the Hi-820 because it is much easier.

The Hi-820 has a graphene driver like the CM5 however it is not dual diaphragm like the CM5. Like the CM5 the Hi-820 has a good level of clarity and detail in the mids and treble with strong bass and noticeable sub-bass. The Hi-820 has a little more extension in the treble than the CM5 but neither the Hi-820 nor the CM5 are excessively bright. Both have good instrument separation however the CM5 has a wider sound stage and more open presentation. At the current discounted price on Amazon, the CM5 is certainly the better deal. Anyone is interested in an earphone with a graphene driver and who doesn't like the over ear cable or feels that both versions of the CM5 would be too big, then the Hi-820 would be a good option.

The Hi-905 is quite bass light so will not appeal to everyone and at this time I am the only one that I know who likes it. Having said that it is one of my favourite earphones and I have spent more time listening to these than any of my others. It has an excellent level of detail and clarity in the treble and mids. I have quite a few earphones so at this point I am not looking for more of the same but for something different and for me the Hi-905 provides that. The Hi-905 has a wide sound stage with very good instrument separation. As far as instrument placement it has what has been described by others as a 3d or holographic feel. What I hear is a sound stage that has very good width with a sense of depth and height. If you try to do a head to head comparison of the Hi-905 to an earphone like the Audiofly AF140 or KZ ZS6 you will find the difference in feel and presentation so great you might think you accidentally skipped to different song. I see this as doubling my record collection for the cost of an earphone. The closest sounding headphone that I have to the Hi-905 is the Havi B3 Pro. In conclusion there might be others out there like me who really like the Hi-905 however from what I have read here from other Headfi members their response to the Hi-905 have not been overly positive.

Mar 24, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #28 of 193
Regarding your request to tell you what I like about the Hi-905 and Hi-820 I will start with the Hi-820 because it is much easier.

The Hi-820 has a graphene driver like the CM5 however it is not dual diaphragm like the CM5. Like the CM5 the Hi-820 has a good level of clarity and detail in the mids and treble with strong bass and noticeable sub-bass. The Hi-820 has a little more extension in the treble than the CM5 but neither the Hi-820 nor the CM5 are excessively bright. Both have good instrument separation however the CM5 has a wider sound stage and more open presentation. At the current discounted price on Amazon, the CM5 is certainly the better deal. Anyone is interested in an earphone with a graphene driver and who doesn't like the over ear cable or feels that both versions of the CM5 would be too big, then the Hi-820 would be a good option.

The Hi-905 is quite bass light so will not appeal to everyone and at this time I am the only one that I know who likes it. Having said that it is one of my favourite earphones and I have spent more time listening to these than any of my others. It has an excellent level of detail and clarity in the treble and mids. I have quite a few earphones so at this point I am not looking for more of the same but for something different and for me the Hi-905 provides that. The Hi-905 has a wide sound stage with very good instrument separation. As far as instrument placement it has what has been described by others as a 3d or holographic feel. What I hear is a sound stage that has very good width with a sense of depth and height. If you try to do a head to head comparison of the Hi-905 to an earphone like the Audiofly AF140 or KZ ZS6 you will find the difference in feel and presentation so great you might think you accidentally skipped to different song. I see this as doubling my record collection for the cost of an earphone. The closest sounding headphone that I have to the Hi-905 is the Havi B3 Pro. In conclusion there might be others out there like me who really like the Hi-905 however from what I have read here from other Headfi members their response to the Hi-905 have not been overly positive.

Great descriptions, especially the Hi-905. I ordered a pair but can't seem to locate them.

I know that many people had difficulty getting a good seal, so how much did tip-rolling assist in better bass response?

Mar 25, 2018 at 12:26 AM Post #29 of 193
Really enjoying my CM5's from the Amazon sale. These are very smooth and natural sounding. Also extremely comfortable. I was highly impressed with the packaging and accessories..... Wow! Is it just me or do these seem to respond drastically to tip rolling? You can really alter the sound signature with tip changes. I spent a good hour tip rolling and they sound amazing! Very natural for budget in ear's.

Mar 25, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #30 of 193
Really enjoying my CM5's from the Amazon sale. These are very smooth and natural sounding. Also extremely comfortable. I was highly impressed with the packaging and accessories..... Wow! Is it just me or do these seem to respond drastically to tip rolling? You can really alter the sound signature with tip changes. I spent a good hour tip rolling and they sound amazing! Very natural for budget in ear's.
I just threw some generic tips from Amazon on my CM5. They didn't work for me on anything else, but they help make the CM5 sound amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back