UE700 for $80 - go for it or skip?
Feb 11, 2011 at 9:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

chubbyfatazn

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

The cord on my SuperFi.3s is giving way for the third time, and Logitech didn't feel like replacing it for me (third cable in 6 months). Instead they gave me a 50% off coupon on all UE products. Originally I was eying the TF10s as my eventual replacement (since I can actually get my current IEMs to form a perfect seal on my ears) but since Logitech gave me this coupon I was thinking of jumping the gun a bit and getting the UE700s. I spent some time Google searching this site for comparisons, but I couldn't find much. I've read that the soundstage of the TF10s is marginally wider than the UE700s, but that it's nothing to hit home about. I've read that the 700 has warmer mids than the TF10 and that it sounds cleaner and more transparent. Less bassy than the TF10s also.

Does anyone have any further comparisons? In addition, how is the build quality of the 700s? I would like a replaceable cable, but if the 700s are built strongly I might consider otherwise. I know both will be an upgrade from my SuperFi.3s, but since I don't replace buds often I want this purchase to be worth it. I can get the 700s for about $80 shipped or I can go with my original plan for the TF10s, $184 shipped. Too bad Logitech still thinks the TF10s are worth $400...

Thanks.

Feb 13, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #3 of 12
Not that i've heard the ue700 or the tf.10 but I assume the reason they gave you this voucher is that the sf.3 isn't made anymore in which case i'd have thought they should provide you with a "replacement of equal or better" value, I don't know which one that would be but it would mean you wouldn't have to spend anything and you can get your tf.10's for about $184 elsewhere. Hey presto, then you have two earphones for the same price.

Feb 13, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #4 of 12
UE3 are very simple in sound.
UE 700 are very good! The've got very good deteils, soundstabe, punchy bass, also they are interesting and fun in sound signature. They've got good cord.
UE10 are very powerful, very big soundstage, lot of deatils and they don't sound like BA earphones. Love them, but they are not the best from top IEMs.
UE700 sounds cleaner,  very good guitars.
They are very little, so they are very easy to use. UE10 are very big, not all can find a good seal.
80$ vs 180$?
Zune HD was playing great with UE700. iPod Touch 2G was playing very good with UE700. iPod Touch 3G + UE10 = great, Tascam dr-07 + UE10 = Super!:)

Feb 13, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #5 of 12

Quote:
Not that i've heard the ue700 or the tf.10 but I assume the reason they gave you this voucher is that the sf.3 isn't made anymore in which case i'd have thought they should provide you with a "replacement of equal or better" value, I don't know which one that would be but it would mean you wouldn't have to spend anything and you can get your tf.10's for about $184 elsewhere. Hey presto, then you have two earphones for the same price.

Yeah, they were trying to give me a Super.Fi 4. I'm not sure of their fit or how they'll sound... all I wanted was a replacement cable. This would be my third cable in half a year, so I thought they'd give me the cable instead of trying to replace everything, but I guess not.

Quote:
UE3 are very simple in sound.

UE 700 are very good! The've got very good deteils, soundstabe, punchy bass, also they are interesting and fun in sound signature. They've got good cord.

UE10 are very powerful, very big soundstage, lot of deatils and they don't sound like BA earphones. Love them, but they are not the best from top IEMs.

UE700 sounds cleaner,  very good guitars.

They are very little, so they are very easy to use. UE10 are very big, not all can find a good seal.

80$ vs 180$?

My UE3s have been awesome to me. They've been my companion for the past 3.5 years.  I can actually form a good seal inside my ears with them and have it stay inside.

Coming from a person who hasn't experienced anything much better than a UE3, would I be able to distinguish the differences between the UE10 and UE700 (no way to test locally)? My main concerns about going with the UE700 are fit (too small for my ears?), the lack of memory wire, and whether or not the cable can withstand the occasional forceful tug or pull. I've kept my UE3s as long as I have simply because of the replaceable cable, a big plus in my book.

Feb 13, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #6 of 12
UE700 are durable and they've got good cord. I don't see any people whose 700 was broken. My was very good and i sold them after 6 month, now they are meking happy another user. This earphones about two years old now and they working perfectly.

Distinguish? Very big, sure you will:wink:

700 are good for people who use M and S tips. I've got big ears (L), but with Sony Hybrid/Shure Olive i found good seal. UE10 are more comfortable to me from all UE series, they are very good to me. But you can read a lot information (in Triple Fi topics on this great source:)) about hard seal UE10 to people with small ears. Also they don't have a good cord, but you easy can find (or make) some custom new (also with named brands + 70-100$).

UE700 are very good step from UE3. They are very good.
UE10 are super step from lot of earphones. They are one of the top.

Feb 14, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #7 of 12
The UE700 are one of my favorite IEM.  I prefer them over the TF10.  They sound almost as good and are infinitely more comfortable to wear.  They are so small, you can sleep with them in.  

http://www.pnosker.com/reviews/audio/118-ue700

If you have any questions, I am more than happy to answer them.  And when I say they are one of my favorite, this is true even though I have a set of JH Audio JH16 Pro and JH5 Pro.

Feb 14, 2011 at 6:08 AM Post #8 of 12
I prefer UE10 more, cause thay make a big and powerful sound, but i like UE700 too with Shure Eartips:)
I like seal of  700 overears, comfortable and good looking:)
With UE10 lot of people (and me) looks like robots:D

Feb 14, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #9 of 12
Thanks, berkovajazz. I don't really care about looking like a robot, since I've worn my UE3s everywhere, but I can understand your point, heh.

Quote:
The UE700 are one of my favorite IEM.  I prefer them over the TF10.  They sound almost as good and are infinitely more comfortable to wear.  They are so small, you can sleep with them in.  

http://www.pnosker.com/reviews/audio/118-ue700

If you have any questions, I am more than happy to answer them.  And when I say they are one of my favorite, this is true even though I have a set of JH Audio JH16 Pro and JH5 Pro.

Would you be able to provide additional insight to my above questions?

"Coming from a person who hasn't experienced anything much better than a UE3, would I be able to distinguish the differences between the UE10 and UE700 (no way to test locally)? My main concerns about going with the UE700 are fit (too small for my ears?), the lack of memory wire, and whether or not the cable can withstand the occasional forceful tug or pull. I've kept my UE3s as long as I have simply because of the replaceable cable, a big plus in my book."

In addition, is the jack an L or I plug? I've seen pictures of an I plug but just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

Feb 14, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #10 of 12

Quote:
Thanks, berkovajazz. I don't really care about looking like a robot, since I've worn my UE3s everywhere, but I can understand your point, heh.

Would you be able to provide additional insight to my above questions?

"Coming from a person who hasn't experienced anything much better than a UE3, would I be able to distinguish the differences between the UE10 and UE700 (no way to test locally)? My main concerns about going with the UE700 are fit (too small for my ears?), the lack of memory wire, and whether or not the cable can withstand the occasional forceful tug or pull. I've kept my UE3s as long as I have simply because of the replaceable cable, a big plus in my book."

In addition, is the jack an L or I plug? I've seen pictures of an I plug but just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

UE3= Super.fi 3?  You can definitely tell the TF10 and UE700 apart due to their differing sound signatures.  It really depends what you want.  TF10 is bass heavy and is uncomfortable.  They sound great with certain songs however.  The UE700 fit the same way, but they don't take up as much room in your ear.  I don't think you would have any problems getting it to fit.  Complys fit too.  The plug is an I type, but it's possible they revised it as they have made a few changes to many of their products recently.

Speaking of the Super.fi 3-- we're giving a set away on the site.  Check the Giveaways section if you want a second set :wink:

Feb 15, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #11 of 12
Hippo 10 EB at the jaben store that is included free with my ES8 cable sound on par if not better than the UE700 I A/B'd with.

$38 shipped for the Hippo 10 plus the set of ES8 cable.

Mid-range is more realistic (not recessed but not unnaturally forward as on the UE700), sound stage and highs are the same but not as shrill/bright/sibilance, bass has more impact/weight and bass extension is the same while still being extremely clean.

This is definitely a steal IMO. You can always throw the ES8 on the for sale forum and pay very little for the Hippo 10's.

There's only two known reviews on the web for the Hippo 10's which you can't seem to find anywhere else but the 2 for 1 deal at the jaben's website, I was shocked when I A/B'd them with the UE700 last night.

Mar 19, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #12 of 12
DO NOT GO FOR THE SuperFi.4
you will be greatly disappointed. The sibilance is
nearly unberable. Personally i would go for the UE700. The
Triple.Fi's are going fairly cheap now days in other outlets. (very
close in price to what %50 would equate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back