UE vs Westone...?!
Jul 31, 2010 at 8:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

stoneshadow

100+ Head-Fier
hello...i'm reading your advices and your reviews over a year now...thx to you i bought my ksc75 and the marshmallows...and i'm pretty happy with them...but now i have a little more money...and want an upgrade...a big one )...i moslty listen to Rock/Alternative/Metal...and i really like how the ksc75 do the job...but i mostly listen on the go...so i prefer a earbud...but i was dissapointed with the ok3 wich i bought as a upgrade to my mx760...and dindn't like them at all...so i'm looking now in the IEM sector )

oh yes...the marshmallows also is pretty nice with rock...i think )...but they are my first iem...and i gotta get used to them...i am able to get a good seal only after 5 minutes of trying to pop them into my ear :D

now to the subject :p

-   i have 200-250$ so i wanna choose between SUPER.FI 5PRO wich i'm not able to find cheeper than 250...and the WESTONE 2 wich on earphonesolution are 250 )
-   how i mentioned bevore i mostly listen to Rock/Alternative/Metal
-   and i'm not a basshead....i need some bass...but prefer it to be tight and punchy but not in a really big quantity
-   i know there are other iem...and i'm not disconsidering them...maybe the se420 or q-jays or ue700...or even the um2
my problem is this is my first investition over 50$ )...and i wanna be sure that i don't just throw away 200-250$
-  
and yes....i forgot...i sold my ipod classic and will be listening from a sansa clip+ :D....i thought that the difference of sq is supposed to be made by the headphones not the player...and heard that clip does the job not worser than a ipod...and it reads FLAC )
and i will be listening without an amp...
i have a fiio e3 but don't thing that i'll be using it...

i read a lot of review and opinions of this iem...but never really had a chance for a face off between them...

my basic options are the super.fi's and the westone's...if u have another opinion...i'll be very happy to listen to )

and will be thery gratefull if u also sujest me from where to buy the pair of iem that u recomand )

Aug 1, 2010 at 7:37 AM Post #4 of 8
thanx thery much for the reply...i was mostly lookinkg at the super.fi 5 pro...but on amazon they are at the same price as triple.fi 10 )))...
maybe i'll go for them...how do they deal with rock music?!...i heard that the SF5 are pretty good
and if u can sujest a trusted site from where can i order them i'll be gratefull...they were 229 on earphonesolution but out of stock ((((

Aug 1, 2010 at 7:46 AM Post #5 of 8
Being the owner of TF10 i can tell you it does a good job with rock music. The vocal is good, guitars, bass and drum are all there. However it lacks a "body" sound, like you can tell there's a gap in the middle spectrum due to V shape freq response, this can be fixed with EQ tho. The W3 to me is more balance throughout the spectrum, more analytical so to speak while TF10 is a "fun" IEM to listen to.

Aug 1, 2010 at 7:50 AM Post #6 of 8
tf10 is very good for rock as it emphases the bass and treble and it is Superior to the super fi pro ,amazon is a good place to buy them .

Quote:
thanx thery much for the reply...i was mostly lookinkg at the super.fi 5 pro...but on amazon they are at the same price as triple.fi 10 )))...
maybe i'll go for them...how do they deal with rock music?!...i heard that the SF5 are pretty good
and if u can sujest a trusted site from where can i order them i'll be gratefull...they were 229 on earphonesolution but out of stock ((((

Aug 1, 2010 at 8:08 AM Post #7 of 8

yes i heard that w3 are really good...but they TF10 are 150 cheeper...and really my limit is at about 250$...i never spend more than 50...i'm  allready doing a big step forward )
the W2 will match the price of TF10...how do they deal with rock ?!
Quote:

Being the owner of TF10 i can tell you it does a good job with rock music. The vocal is good, guitars, bass and drum are all there. However it lacks a "body" sound, like you can tell there's a gap in the middle spectrum due to V shape freq response, this can be fixed with EQ tho. The W3 to me is more balance throughout the spectrum, more analytical so to speak while TF10 is a "fun" IEM to list

Users who are viewing this thread

Back