UE Triple.Fi 10 goes Custom
Dec 2, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #31 of 72
There was a 25 person group buy for UM

Dec 2, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #32 of 72

Quote:
so theres no group buy i take it? cant find anything on it.

is the self molding from kozee really doable/good? I found a highly recommended audiologist in beverly hills but she charges 75 for the mold alone.

either way, kozee reshell (125?) + molding (75) + headphones (100) = still only 300, which seems like a damn good deal for customs.

Remember now you're in beverly hills. I'm guessing $75.00 is a steal of a deal up their lol. Everyone is still waiting for clearance from Jude to go ahead and make the thread. If everyone PMs Jude regarding the situation we could all put pressure on him to go ahead on the thread.

Dec 2, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #33 of 72

Quote:
Remember now you're in beverly hills. I'm guessing $75.00 is a steal of a deal up their lol. Everyone is still waiting for clearance from Jude to go ahead and make the thread. If everyone PMs Jude regarding the situation we could all put pressure on him to go ahead on the thread.

I wonder why getting permission is taking so long. Unless I'm overlooking something, there shouldn't be any reason for Jude to hesitate in granting permission, since a group buy is pretty much self-run.

@Scoop, a thread somewhere mentioned that asking an audiologist to make a mold and an impression are two different things. I think a member was given a price of $25 for an impression and $100 for a mold. Asking the audiologist to clarify which procedure is which might save you some money.

Dec 2, 2011 at 4:34 AM Post #34 of 72

Quote:

I wonder why getting permission is taking so long. Unless I'm overlooking something, there shouldn't be any reason for Jude to hesitate in granting permission, since a group buy is pretty much self-run.

@Scoop, a thread somewhere mentioned that asking an audiologist to make a mold and an impression are two different things. I think a member was given a price of $25 for an impression and $100 for a mold. Asking the audiologist to clarify which procedure is which might save you some money.

Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to use the term "impressions". I hope to find a reasonable price down here though. Its about as expensive up there in beverly hills :wink:.

Dec 2, 2011 at 5:09 AM Post #35 of 72

Quote:
Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to use the term "impressions". I hope to find a reasonable price down here though. Its about as expensive up there in beverly hills :wink:.

No problem, I'm also interested in seeing if its true. It'll certainly come in handy if the group buy is ever going through.

Dec 2, 2011 at 5:14 AM Post #36 of 72

Thanks for the heads up. I saw in another thread that the dr i was referring to charged them 75 for customs/impressions/molds whatever it was. The Dr told me 75 if i just get impressions, and 50 if i place an order for headphones with her. The whole process is making me a bit nervous in general but i really wanna get them made now lol. i hate the idea of throwing money around like i have a lot but i like the sound (of the triplefi 10s) and really dont like the bulk. custom fit sounds so great right now lol.
Quote:

Dec 2, 2011 at 6:10 AM Post #37 of 72
Quick update on the group buy:

There have been issues in the past with groups strongly pressuring competitors and pitting them against each other, that in one instance actually led a vendor to sell the item at a loss.  Since then, Jude has been very weary of such "predatory" actions that group buys can foster.  I am trying to assure him that we won't leverage their compeitors to pressure Kozee and Fisher to lower their prices, and that the transaction will create value for all parties.  We'll see how Jude responds :)

As for impressions, Kozee offers a free impression kit sent out included in the $120!

Dec 2, 2011 at 6:43 AM Post #38 of 72

Quote:
Quick update on the group buy:

There have been issues in the past with groups strongly pressuring competitors and pitting them against each other, that in one instance actually led a vendor to sell the item at a loss.  Since then, Jude has been very weary of such "predatory" actions that group buys can foster.  I am trying to assure him that we won't leverage their compeitors to pressure Kozee and Fisher to lower their prices, and that the transaction will create value for all parties.  We'll see how Jude responds :)

As for impressions, Kozee offers a free impression kit sent out included in the $120!

I wonder how complicating it is though. I mean since it seems many audiologist don't get it right the first time themselves.

Dec 2, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #39 of 72
I think I'd rather visit an audiologist here in NYC and get it done properly. I had great results when I got my impressions done for Etymotics HF2s ACS tips. They came out really well, not as long as I hoped but great fit. Of course that was silicone so it's easier to get a good fit.

I wonder if we can group buy the Westone Talk cable (with a microphone for cellphones).

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:22 AM Post #40 of 72
Where did you go in NYC?  I work in Hoboken, that'd be a great way to spend my lunch break and I'd kill for some custom tips on my UM3X.

Once the EPIC MICS cable comes out I plan on buying 1 or 2 immediately.  I'd love to see a group buy on that.

Quote:
I think I'd rather visit an audiologist here in NYC and get it done properly. I had great results when I got my impressions done for Etymotics HF2s ACS tips. They came out really well, not as long as I hoped but great fit. Of course that was silicone so it's easier to get a good fit.

I wonder if we can group buy the Westone Talk cable (with a microphone for cellphones).

Dec 2, 2011 at 10:24 AM Post #41 of 72
Where in NYC I am in Downtown three times a week...How much do they charge?

Quote:

Dec 2, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #42 of 72

Quote:

edit:
politically correct answer:  maybe theres more to a group buy than just gathering people, paying, and receiving the service/product.

Dec 2, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #43 of 72

Quote:
Where did you go in NYC?  I work in Hoboken, that'd be a great way to spend my lunch break and I'd kill for some custom tips on my UM3X.

Once the EPIC MICS cable comes out I plan on buying 1 or 2 immediately.  I'd love to see a group buy on that.

For NYC, I went to Andrew Resnick. He charges $85, but he is a musician himself and does earmolds for pro-musicians and their Futuresonics, Westone and JH stage monitors.

Dec 2, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #44 of 72
I went to Audio Help Hearing Center, which was recommended by Etymotics for their ACS custom tips program. I paid using the voucher from Etymotics, so I honestly don't know how much they'll charge for a proper set of impressions. They were good but I think they'll be expensive in the long run.

I am planning to call around & get some rate comparisons this time around. I'll post the results here soon.

Dec 2, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #45 of 72
I've heard of good results doing molds with a self impression kit. I imagine not much could go wrong if you read the instructions carefully, and watch videos. The one kozee offers actually includes 3 kits, so you get a couple tries. I think some of the other diy kits are like that too.

Basically if you're trying to make something affordable through a group buy, the answer is no. Unless it's through a sponsor in the sponsor threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back