UE cables from eBay?
Apr 10, 2010 at 6:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

azncookiecutter

Headphoneus Supremus
Apr 17, 2010 at 12:02 PM Post #4 of 18
Subscribed.
I hate the stock UE cable... it's too thick and feels like the whole cable is memory wired
frown.gif

However, lune cable is a bit too expensive for me, these $50 cables would fit my budget. So does anyone have any experience with them?

Apr 19, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by wirbeltier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi there

Just bought one of those
LLL UE ULTIMATE EARS HEADPHONE UPGRADE CABLE fi 10Pro on eBay.ca (item 220577200693 end time 21-Apr-10 22:48:00 EDT)

to replace my broken original cablers.

Lets see what happens :)

The twilight cables are released by Zephone which is located in Beijing.this is the least expensive cable they produce and they are on sale on their own webpage and taobao. Their retail price is around 25 usd. I did quite a bit of research on this and based on what I read from various Chinese discussion board this cable brings the mid forward and blend the 3 ranges closer together (less seperation? I suck at translating the audio terms. Hope you guys know what I mean. ) As a tradeoff the bass is less punchcy and some of the details are lost. Lost of description but I have yet to hear one myself.

I had read the description of the cable you bought. Based on my memory it looked like that they translate the description of the twilight cable by goggle and put it in there. So I suspected that it's actually the twilight cable itself although the wire outings looked slightly different.

I am on my iPhone now so I can't read the flash on the page. I will post some links when I have acceess to my computer.

By all means please post your comment on the cable as I would love to hear that.

Apr 19, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by kar0015 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The twilight cables are released by Zephone which is located in Beijing.this is the least expensive cable they produce and they are on sale on their own webpage and taobao. Their retail price is around 25 usd. I did quite a bit of research on this and based on what I read from various Chinese discussion board this cable brings the mid forward and blend the 3 ranges closer together (less seperation? I suck at translating the audio terms. Hope you guys know what I mean. ) As a tradeoff the bass is less punchcy and some of the details are lost. Lost of description but I have yet to hear one myself.

I had read the description of the cable you bought. Based on my memory it looked like that they translate the description of the twilight cable by goggle and put it in there. So I suspected that it's actually the twilight cable itself although the wire outings looked slightly different.

I am on my iPhone now so I can't read the flash on the page. I will post some links when I have acceess to my computer.

By all means please post your comment on the cable as I would love to hear that.

Interesting, the effect of the cable is not necessarily a bad thing. I find the highs are unbearable at times, so decreasing the highs and bringing the mids forwards would be a positive thing.

Apr 20, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #8 of 18
LLL UE ULTIMATE EARS HEADPHONE UPGRADE CABLE fi 10Pro on eBay.ca (item 220577200693 end time 21-Apr-10 22:48:00 EDT)

is it same as this cable?
LLL UE ULTIMATE EARS HEADPHONE UPGRADE CABLE fi 10Pro on eBay.ca (item 220560817506 end time 23-Apr-10 04:35:59 EDT)

if it is then it looks identical to the twilight cable.

and here is the link for the twilight cable
Ôó·áÆ·ÅÆ UE¶ú»úÉý¼¶Ïß Î¢¹â ¹ÅºÓÏß»ù_HI-FIÏß²Ä_¶ú»ú1ºÅÕ¾ - Powered by ECShop

They have other cables for sale as well which is slightly more expensive then the twilight cable.

There was a site with zephone's description for the twilight, but I can't find that link now.

Apr 20, 2010 at 7:02 AM Post #9 of 18
Some of those cables look very similar to some of the cables offered by Unique Melody.

Apr 20, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #10 of 18
...they look similar, yes, but that may be only from the outside.

I would not get the transparent ones, they get ugly quite soon and corrode.

I certainly will post my impressions and how they compare to the stock cables, lets see how long they take from Hong Kong to Germany.

Any further impressions are welcome!

Cheers
Klaus

Apr 29, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #11 of 18
Hi all

As promised, here are my first impressions:

Build and Finish:
Very good, the cable is sturdy, the 'slings' for keeping it on the ear are very well constructed, much better than the stock ones. The plug looks a bit cheap. Overall: very good.

Sound:
Listened for one hour or so, thus its only a first impression.
Definitely warmer than the stock cables, fuller mids,bass well defined, resolution is similar. Remember, I listened with SFPro5s.

I will listen more the next days and report if there are any changes. From my point of view, this cable is more a sidegrade than an upgrade. Build quality is better than stock cables, though. Good fit for use in fitness or so.

All the best
Klaus

May 2, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #12 of 18
...if anybody is still listening: here comes my update.

After some days, the cable opens up. Still fuller mids, bass is better defined, resolution improved.

Verdict now: upgrade compared to the stock cables.

Hope that helped.

All the best
Klaus

May 2, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #13 of 18
hey thanks i need a new pair, but wow those are more than i thouhgt,,, do they make them sound alot better,, may be overkill,, have you seen any cheaper ones?

the only other ones i saw i think i remember westone selling but i dont remeber the price.

i had the vi and damaged the cable, luckily i have an old pair or ue, and i just used that cable, piece of cake, sound excellent.

cheers

May 2, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #14 of 18
Hey
These are the only ones I found.
No overkill, a little better. But the construction is much better than with the stock ones.
You can also order replacement at UE, but I doubt that those are cheaper...

Cheers
Klaus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back