UC Berkeley / Berkeley meet (Summer 2004)
Sep 1, 2004 at 11:13 PM Post #91 of 112
but flaunting my rig causes too much trouble at times and I don't care enough to flaunt it despite that.
tongue.gif
at least I don't hold anything back at meets.
biggrin.gif

let's go with the minivan just to be safe. I have no clue how much space my gear would take up but I assume it is a lot. having some space between each gear would be nice too.

Sep 1, 2004 at 11:16 PM Post #92 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by raif
take the legacy.

legacy? fine... we can play the game of trying to pack everything into the legacy without damaging the equipment.
biggrin.gif
I guess if we use the back seats for some gear we should be fine.

I never figured out how much space my gear would take up, maybe I'll do that later today since I don't have much going on and it is something to do to pass the time.

Sep 2, 2004 at 4:12 AM Post #93 of 112
Quote:

take the legacy.

Oh and I will probably bring a friend on saturday. is that cool?

yeah I was wondering about the same thing. If I could also bring my buddy, we won't be staying long a little over an hour at most. He knows I'm into the headphone audio thing but I wanted to show him what it can encompass.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 2, 2004 at 5:48 AM Post #94 of 112
Quote:

Oh and I will probably bring a friend on saturday. is that cool?

Quote:

Originally Posted by zbuddah
yeah I was wondering about the same thing. If I could also bring my buddy, we won't be staying long a little over an hour at most. He knows I'm into the headphone audio thing but I wanted to show him what it can encompass.
smily_headphones1.gif

bobjew posted above that his place can handle 30 people or so and I think we are a bit below 20 right now so it should be fine.

Sep 2, 2004 at 6:16 AM Post #95 of 112
Hey, I am down for the meet, even though I go to school in berkeley, I wll be in sanjose for the majority of the weekend. HOwever, if I can get a ride from someone in the san jose area, I can possibly bring my mpx3,
icon10.gif
If anyone can give me a ride from san jose I will be forever grateful. PM me if you can, thanks
--Simon

Sep 3, 2004 at 5:42 PM Post #96 of 112
Hi Folks:

The weather report for tomorrow says mid 80's. I will have some refreshments but they probably won't last that long, so along with a quantity of power strips, extension cords and power filters, we'll need some drinks and food to back up what I'll have here.

Thanks and thanks to Alex for doing most of the work in setting this up in a short time frame. A toast to you and everyone who will make this meet successful and fun.

Evoz: It would be great if you can get your MPX3 here especially if its one of the newer Black chassis ones.

Sep 3, 2004 at 6:01 PM Post #97 of 112
Bob, I'll be there in spirit. Get some good listening in for me please
smily_headphones1.gif

btw, you've got VM from the other day (last week?)

Sep 3, 2004 at 7:48 PM Post #99 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobjew
Hi Folks:

The weather report for tomorrow says mid 80's. I will have some refreshments but they probably won't last that long, so along with a quantity of power strips, extension cords and power filters, we'll need some drinks and food to back up what I'll have here.

Thanks and thanks to Alex for doing most of the work in setting this up in a short time frame. A toast to you and everyone who will make this meet successful and fun.

Evoz: It would be great if you can get your MPX3 here especially if its one of the newer Black chassis ones.

Chinchy and I will stop at a store to stock up on refreshments and snacks or whatever we find that may be of use for the meet. people can donate towards the refreshment fund if they wish.

thank you Bob for hosting the meet. the meet might have been cancelled due to a lack of a venue if it were not for you. thanks again.
smily_headphones1.gif

someone please give Evoz a ride. even if he is reluctant and says that he would rather wait for a meet to occur in San Jose... drag him to Oakland. I can give someone his address if needed.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Sep 3, 2004 at 7:57 PM Post #100 of 112
oh, I forgot to mention. I sent directions to bobjew's place to every interested party that I have listed and I see through the PM confirmation thing that everyone has read it so we should be good to go for the meet.

now to pack my gear.

Sep 3, 2004 at 8:42 PM Post #101 of 112
Did anyone have suggestions for refreshments, or are you all okay with being at the mercy of ayt999 and I?

Sep 3, 2004 at 10:09 PM Post #103 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by utep10
I was going to bring some bottled water and some chips/finger food.

well, I don't think we were planning on buying water anyways so that's good.
wink.gif

so I hear you are offering Evoz a ride. thanks a lot!! we can do an old-style MPX3 vs. new-style MPX3 shootout now.
biggrin.gif

Sep 4, 2004 at 5:27 AM Post #104 of 112
oh... uh... I think two of my friends would like to go too?? hopefully there is room in the minivan for that.

packed most of my gear. I really need to buy a roll of bubble wrap one of these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back