UC Berkeley / Berkeley meet (Summer 2004)
Aug 10, 2004 at 8:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 112

ayt999

Headphoneus Supremus
[size=x-small]Date: Saturday September 4th

is anyone interested in a meet around the last week of August? classes at UC Berkeley start August 30 so I was thinking that if there is interest we can have a meet before then, although I guess having one after classes start wouldn't be too bad since there most likely won't be too much in terms of schoolwork early on in the semester. a saturday would be nice.

I don't know if we can have a meet at my place yet since I haven't checked with my roommate... and since I hosted the last meet we had in May maybe someone else would like to do so to vary things a bit.
-- most likely going to see about getting a large room on campus for us.

I have gotten responses from various people wanting to hear my setup but at least one claims that he never got my replies (of which I have sent several via PM and e-mail. it really isn't my fault if they don't read my messages or the system won't deliver to them, whatever it is that is going on.) so hopefully by posting this thread I can get his attention.... it would be a lot easier for me to conduct a meet than to have individual visits anyways.

post when you can come, what gear you will bring, and whatever else seems important (like if you have friends with an Orpheus system that you can bring along).

Aug 10, 2004 at 8:11 AM Post #2 of 112
interested parties: (September 4 meet) 19 people
ayt999
Dave
Evoz
gundam91 (weekends not the 28th of August)
veritas
utep10
Chinchy
Nospam (UCLA or Big Game weekend)
Zoide (late September onwards)
raif
zbuddah
pennylane (sept 4 onwards)
pandasonic (sept 4)
xantus
fliz
daveemac
bobjew
bobjew's friend George
NeilPeart
zeplin
Mikenet

Aug 10, 2004 at 8:26 AM Post #3 of 112
I'd love to attend! As of now, all I will be able to bring to the meet is a Rega Ear with an Elpac (and stock) power supply and a pair of DT531's. Hope this works out!

oh, and a bunch of broken SR325's
biggrin.gif

Aug 10, 2004 at 8:34 AM Post #4 of 112
I'll see about participation in the Jecklin Float(er) program if possible.
biggrin.gif
that'll be so fun.
evil_smiley.gif

we need a date though, and hopefully that fits in with the schedule of other meets that want the Floats.

Aug 11, 2004 at 6:27 AM Post #5 of 112
Always interested in a meet. I can bring my table again and Neil also if he is interested. I'm currently amp-less so can only bring my source again , Pioneer PD-65 and HD600/Cardas.

Aug 11, 2004 at 6:48 AM Post #6 of 112
so since my roommate isn't objecting to me having the meet at my place, we can have it here if needed... though diversity is always good and I wouldn't mind having a meet elsewhere.

Aug 11, 2004 at 6:59 PM Post #7 of 112
Since our last meet, I have acquired a Consonance Cyber 20 and an ok2000 HP-100A amp and became a dad. Both amps are pretty good! But I haven't listened to them long enough to form any real opinions. Surprisingly I am listening to my main system more after my son was born, and not to the headphones as much as I thought I would be.

I haven't had time to roll some NOS tubes in both amps yet, but I would be curious to see how they stack up to all the other amps with stock Russian tubes.

I can bring:
Sennheiser HD600/Cardas/Zu Mobius/Clou Red Japis
Grado SR-60
Consonance Cyber 20 (amp)
ok2000 HP-100A (amp)
PowerVar ABC1200 Power Conditioner (6 outlets)
MIT Z-Stabilizer Power Stabilizer (great for quieting down those noisy AC lines)

Sorry, I don't think I will be that crazy again and bring my CD transport/DAC again. Maybe I'll bring my Sony DVP-S7700 instead, or hook up to UTEP10's source instead.

I'll help you think up of another place where we can meet.

Aug 11, 2004 at 9:48 PM Post #8 of 112
I was thinking about driving up there that weekend, but it looks like I'll probably be in Vegas instead
biggrin.gif

If you schedule one for the Friday before either the UCLA or Big Game, I'd love to attend.

Aug 11, 2004 at 9:54 PM Post #9 of 112
we can have multiple meets.
biggrin.gif

so you want a meet on either 10/15 or 11/19? hmmm... maybe we can arrange for that.

Aug 11, 2004 at 10:01 PM Post #10 of 112
There was a thread for a Nor Cal Meet on the 11/6-11/7 weekend so it would coincide with the Home Entertainment Expo in SF that weekend. Nobody came up with a site for the meet though, including myself.

Aug 11, 2004 at 10:08 PM Post #11 of 112
ya... what happened to that thread?

if people don't mind having it at UC Berkeley I can see about getting a room somewhere on campus for a norcal meet. I think there should be plenty of open rooms to use (if we can use them that is, maybe I have to make it some student function.
tongue.gif
I'm sure we can work around whatever they impose.) since we'll be planning it well in advance.

Aug 11, 2004 at 11:36 PM Post #12 of 112
I'm in.

So it's me and:
Source:
Modded Sony 333ES
maybe a Philips 963sa if people wanted to hear it.

Amps:
Modded Melos SHA-1
Total Bithead

Cans:
Grado SR100
Grado SR225
Grado HP-2
Headphile recabled Senn HD25-1
Koss KSC35

Cables:
Grado Signature IC's.
VD Power 3
Quail power cords

Power filter:
Monster Powerbar 1100

Aug 11, 2004 at 11:43 PM Post #13 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chinchy
I'm in.

can you come on whatever day we plan? I remember something about it being better if it were a saturday, but was that because you cannot come on sunday and we were going to have a weekend meet?

Aug 11, 2004 at 11:57 PM Post #14 of 112
We were trying to put something together to coincide with the Stereophile HES in The City. I'm game as I plan on attending HES, but since I live in Rocklin (outside of Sacramento) my place would not be convenient.

Here is the original thread.

Aug 12, 2004 at 7:22 PM Post #15 of 112
bump... we need more interested parties fast if this meet is to materialize.
smily_headphones1.gif
of course, I'm fine with small meets too. less work for me.

here comes a massive wave of PM's to people in the area.
biggrin.gif
<- being lazy... I'll do it later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back