UC Berkeley / Berkeley meet (Summer 2004)
Aug 27, 2004 at 7:34 PM Post #61 of 112
okay, so we now have a location for the meet.
biggrin.gif

bobjew has graciously agreed to let us use his place for a meet from 1 to 5 PM on September 4. (we can stay a bit later than that apparently, but he has plans beforehand and so would like people to come at or after 1PM)

he told me that there are enough tables and chairs to accomodate everyone but there is a lack of outlets so we would need to bring extra surge strips and the like. Chinchy and raif went to the last meet bobjew held so hopefully they can elaborate on what to expect.
smily_headphones1.gif

we also need people to carpool members from berkeley and other locations to oakland... unless you guys don't mind if people with a lot of gear, like me, takes the BART instead and only brings one portable setup. there is parking in the back of bobjew's place.

Aug 27, 2004 at 8:46 PM Post #63 of 112
ayt999,

I'm still in for this. Thanks to bobjew for hosting. Along with my source, I can bring a Monster Power HTS-3500 and 2 or 3 power strips.

Anybody want to carpool from SJ?

Aug 27, 2004 at 9:17 PM Post #64 of 112
bobjew has a pimp pad. I am looking forward to going back.

It will definitely be a tight space for any more than 15 people or so, but it is usually a great time meeting a bunch of people from here.

I can give anyone a ride that needs it. I think I am taking ayt999 and his gear, so maybe one or two people more at most. I am in WC.

Aug 27, 2004 at 10:13 PM Post #65 of 112
I'd love to attend this meet and enjoy the company of all you crazies!
wink.gif
I may have my Benchmark DAC1 back by then, but it looks like raif already has that taken care of. Maybe I'll bring along my 'lil PIMETA for kicks, and I'll definitely take my HD580/Oehlbach and HD25-1. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again (and meeting the new ones). And I gotta hear the Benchmark DAC1->Gilmore Reference->HD580/600/650 (anyone have any XLR Senn cables and/or XLR ICs)! I’ll probably carpool with utep10 so that’s taken care of. See you guys on the 4th.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 27, 2004 at 11:15 PM Post #66 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by gundam91
Which day are we talking about???

the fourth of september as outlined elsewhere in the thread and also appears as the official date in the first post.
tongue.gif
I'll update the posts.

Aug 28, 2004 at 4:34 AM Post #67 of 112
if you are attending the meet and haven't listed what you are bringing, please do so so we can have an idea of what is going to be at the meet.

I'll definitely bring the Accuphase DP-85 SACD player, HeadAmp gilmore balanced reference, HeadAmp Blue Hawaii, grace 901, grado HPA-1, MDR-R10, and SR-007... but would leave the rest of my gear at my apartment unless someone really wants to hear some of the other cans. there is a list of what I have in a previous post within this thread.

NeilPeart - I have a few balanced XLR interconnects but no balanced Senn cables... I'll have a balanced Senn one of these days though.

Aug 29, 2004 at 2:57 AM Post #69 of 112
Looks like I won't be able to bring the DT531s after all
frown.gif
. I have a Corda HA-1 Mk 1... but nothing else (I'm sure someone has HD600s or something so my HD580s aren't of much use). Sorry.

Aug 29, 2004 at 8:24 AM Post #70 of 112
Ooh, a meet at bobjew's? Here's what you can expect:

The thought "People live in a bakery?!"
Keypads.
A maze to get to bobjew's front door.
Loads of art.
Remote flash photography.
A kickin' home theater.

I think I'll be able to make it.. I'll bring whatever I said I'd bring originally.. Modded Melos, SCD 333ES, Grado HP-2's, SR-100, SR-225. uh, and whatever else. Monster Power Bar 1100... Audiophile USB and a laptop if anyone's interested. I doubt it though..

Aug 30, 2004 at 2:13 PM Post #71 of 112
I'll send out the address of bobjew's pad once I get that from him soon.

also, what sort of refreshments would people like?

Aug 31, 2004 at 4:11 AM Post #72 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
I'll send out the address of bobjew's pad once I get that from him soon.

also, what sort of refreshments would people like?

sweet I could bring a case of sodas just let me know also do you know what time it will start at>?
biggrin.gif

Aug 31, 2004 at 5:37 AM Post #73 of 112
the meet starts at 1PM like I posted 12 posts up.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll be sending an e-mail / PM with important information regarding the meet so hopefully that should answer any other questions people may still have. I have the directions to bobjew's place now so all I have to do is add a few more details and it should be out shortly.

edit: bobjew is working on his e-mail to me still so I don't have it yet.
tongue.gif
he's revising it so I have no problems with that. great guy.

Aug 31, 2004 at 6:46 AM Post #74 of 112
I've changed my mind on what gear I am bringing.

I will bring one headphone (the MDR-023) and a D-465 sony PCDP.

Aug 31, 2004 at 6:58 AM Post #75 of 112
Bob-

If it is ok, I'd like to fit myself into the meet on the fourth as well. I missed the last one at your house last winter. I missed the last meet in SJ, and most of all, I missed the last huge meet in LA, which I was extremely pissed and sad about.
frown.gif
I think I need to make it to this one or else I'm going to give this hobby up.
biggrin.gif
No, I'd never do that because of anything! Anyways, let me know if there's still room left. I was told late about this meet by Leeav and was lucky that he even told me because I was totally unaware of it being this weekend or it taking place a tall
rolleyes.gif
??? Also, would anyone please let me know if they want me to bring anything specifically (assuming I can go). Otherwise, I think I'll just bring my HD650/Zu's, HR Cosmic(nothing special), and maybe something else (Rega Planet 2K if someone wants).

Actually, I do have a question to those that might be willing to help out a little. I have this bad hisssing issue with my Arcam A75 integrated amp. If I bring it to the meet, can I hook it up to a random set of speakers just to see if the hissing is still apparent? If it is, maybe someone with more knowledge can take a quick look at it. Of course, if it takes too much time and there's something wrong with it, then forget about anything past that...I just wish to see if the problem still exists on other speakers. Thanx if it can be done. If not, then oh the hell well.
biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Hope I can go and see ya all there??!! Let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back