UC Berkeley / Berkeley meet (Summer 2004)
Aug 31, 2004 at 7:38 AM Post #76 of 112
zeplin - I added you to the list of people attending the meet and will send you an e-mail with more information as I am doing for the other attendees once I get the needed info. (I assume bobjew wouldn't mind another person attending, though it is getting to be a fairly large meet and I have no clue how large his loft is.)

sorry for not contacting you about the meet earlier. I was going more for a meet among members in Berkeley so I only sent reminders to people around here, but it has exploded into a full meet with people coming from all over the Bay Area and I didn't follow up with reminders to others outside of Berkeley. as long as bobjew is okay with more attendees it may be good to send another round of messages to people that are in the general vicinity just in case they are interested and don't know about the meet. I did schedule it abruptly and there isn't the usual leadtime most other meets have so sorry about that.
tongue.gif
I had a sudden urge to have a meet.
biggrin.gif

as for missing the huge socal meet, that was very unfortunate but most likely we'll have the majority of the equipment that was there at the upcoming meet so that will hopefully make up for some of that. as for meeting Ray, Mikhail, Wayne, SIE, and all the socal Head-Fiers we cannot arrange for that... but I'm sure we'll have enough character at this meet to create a similar atmosphere.

hope to see you soon!!

Aug 31, 2004 at 4:39 PM Post #78 of 112
Do we need anymore sources? I do have a Sony 7700 Transport/ Rotel DAC I can bring if needed.

Is there a need for another balanced source? I can maybe borrow one if needed.

Aug 31, 2004 at 7:34 PM Post #79 of 112
Hey zeplin's coming! There's room for about 30 I'd guess. Thanks, edwood.

Zeplin: missed your post first time. OK about speakers- have an extra set of Paradigms up there.

Aug 31, 2004 at 7:59 PM Post #80 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by utep10
Do we need anymore sources? I do have a Sony 7700 Transport/ Rotel DAC I can bring if needed.

Utep, bring your 7700 + Rotel so I can plug my amps into your source, if you don't mind. I don't feel like taking my whole system apart again.

Sep 1, 2004 at 3:33 AM Post #81 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
the meet starts at 1PM like I posted 12 posts up.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll be sending an e-mail / PM with important information regarding the meet so hopefully that should answer any other questions people may still have. I have the directions to bobjew's place now so all I have to do is add a few more details and it should be out shortly.

edit: bobjew is working on his e-mail to me still so I don't have it yet.
tongue.gif
he's revising it so I have no problems with that. great guy.

ah sorry thats what I get for being lazy and "trying" to skim through the post
tongue.gif

Sep 1, 2004 at 4:31 AM Post #82 of 112
I have a ~2MB e-mail from bobjew with directions (complete with photos) to his loft. if you want this version, please send me an e-mail and I will forward it to you. really, you should get his email, it is great!!

<- use the send email feature in my profile to send me an email. my email address is my screenname minus the 999 followed by @berkeley.edu if you want to use another email program.

for now, I'll send the text part of his email and some other stuff I want to mention via PM to the people that said they were interested in the meet.

** if you have any questions about stuff regarding the meet, please tell me. I want this to be another successful meet just like the previous three large meets we had in california in the past few months. **

Sep 1, 2004 at 5:16 AM Post #83 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by raif
I can give anyone a ride that needs it. I think I am taking ayt999 and his gear, so maybe one or two people more at most. I am in WC.

I haven't told you yet, but I think I will take you up on that offer.
biggrin.gif
I think it would be the easiest thing to do. Bruce is a great guy and I would love to ride with him, but he lives on the other side of Oakland and I wouldn't want to trouble him too much.
tongue.gif

I'll accept rides from people with brand new Subarus too.
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2004 at 5:40 AM Post #84 of 112
I'm coming up from Sunnyvale, cutting across to East Bay and taking 880 to Oakland. My AC is busted, but anyone is welcome to catch a ride. Or if anyone feels like offering me a ride, I don't mind getting a ride from someone with AC in their car.
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2004 at 6:31 PM Post #85 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
I'll accept rides from people with brand new Subarus too.
biggrin.gif

Hm, I think only one person here qualifies... :p But usually when there's a meet I drive my minivan since it holds more stuff. How much stuff you planning to bring? If it's small enough that can fit in my Legacy, then I may drive it... Besides, we don't need a meet for you to see my car.. Raif's already been in it.

Edit: and you weren't serious when you said you're just bringing one headphone and a pcdp were you?

Sep 1, 2004 at 8:45 PM Post #87 of 112
Yeah, thanks for the sending the whole email from bobjew. I think Neilpeart and I can get to the meet with minimal issues
biggrin.gif
......this time.

Very comprehensive directions. It's like too much pressure now to get there with no issues.

Sep 1, 2004 at 9:12 PM Post #88 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chinchy
Edit: and you weren't serious when you said you're just bringing one headphone and a pcdp were you?

ya... that was a continuation from a thread in the headphone forum. I had gotten some unnecessary remarks regarding my setup so I decided to pretend that I only had a low end setup to be more with the crowd.
tongue.gif

anyways, I'll try to bring most of the high end cans I have that are not duplicates of ones others are bringing, the Accuphase DP-85 SACD player, the four amps I have, two PCDP's, a PS Audio P300, and several surge protectors / extension cords. I'll also bring several portable cans but they never get used at the meets.

since you are going with a minivan, I wonder if it would be better if I go with you since I'll most likely have a lot of stuff to bring over and it may get crowded in raif's car.

Sep 1, 2004 at 10:51 PM Post #89 of 112
I knew it! Man, that's like someone going around saying they have a 4 inch penis when they're packing a foot. Dude, if you got it, flaunt it.

If your stuff can fit in the trunk of my Legacy (rated at 11.4 cubic feet), I can drive that instead. If not, then it'll be a minivan trip... The ride in the Legacy will definitely be more fun, and more comfortable. Probably faster too..
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back