TWag Replacement cable for the balanced Protector
Mar 8, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #136 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Craig indicated he maybe able to do this and if so I may be interested in 4 meter balanced as well.

I'm working on a prototype now. Looking for the connectors!!

Craig

Mar 8, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #137 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiertijai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear Craig,
I am the one who has the HE-5 and I don't mind that I would have a new recable not just modification, will you be able to help me on this or I need to go to audio addict comment that I should go to Lee at cyro-parts. However I prefer to use your excellent product.
thanks,

Stick with Craig with this one. Unfortunately, I do not have time to do a lot with headphone cabling, with the exception of my Oracle and Hyperion HD800 cables.

Craig does great work, and I have 100% confidence in his work and customer service. That's why he has access to TWag, while no one else does.

Lee

Mar 8, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #138 of 169
thanks,
I will stick and has been waiting for him to have time to do this
I may want one 4 m for the protector for portable unit and another one 4m but with
the XLR to the Zana Deux T headphone amp.
Please inform me as soon as you finish this project
thanks,
Kiertijai

Mar 10, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #142 of 169
thanks so much Craig,
I forgot to ask the price of each cable , 4ft for the protector, 8ft for the ZDT for HE%
and can you do that for HD-600 too if you can I man want 4ft -5 ft for protector
thanks again,
warmest regards
Kiertijai
Please let me know when you have the answer , i think you have my email number

Mar 13, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #143 of 169
The balanced TWag cable + the RSA Protector + the JH13s is a match made in heaven.
eek.gif

Thanks again Craig for the great service !

Mar 13, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #144 of 169
Craig, I accidentally snap an empty balance connector together. Can it be separated again?

Mar 18, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #145 of 169
My balanced TWag finally made its way home today after a USPS GXG error delayed it for some time. I dealt with Craig through email to get this resolved and he was a gracious gentleman about it all. He sent it faster this time and now I can hear how good the Protector really is, which in balanced is phenomenal!

***** rating for customer service

thanks again, Craig!

Mar 18, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #146 of 169
Well, so far I am very happy with the TWag cable for my JH13Pro and Protector.

I ordered a 56" balanced TWag cable with a 2" single ended adapter so that I could also try it with my other portable amps. I have about 100 hours of burn-in on the cable which I began on Sunday. Many people have suggested 300 hours of burn-in on the TWag, which seems like a lot since even a new APS v3 cable has lost the sheen over the treble by 80-100 hours. But, I will be giving the TWag 300 hours just in case.

So far I can say that it's a step up in transparency and detail over the stock cable (although the stock cable doesn't suck as much as people would want you to believe). The biggest benefit is when going balanced with the Protector instead of single ended. If I use the TWag cable + single ended adapter with Pico Slim Demo Amp or RSA P-51, I can enjoy it just as much as with the Protector single ended. But when I remove the SE adapter and go balanced, then the soundstage opens up and also becomes more transparent (I have about 160 hours on the Protector). I feel like I may also be getting a boost in the bass today, and I want to try the cable with my ES3X soon.

I've also really been enjoying the Protector with HD600, using the TWag Protector to 4-pin XLR adapter, which I am also burning in. (I can use the SE adapter to let me connect the 4-pin adapter to another amp, so I also put 100 hours on that so far). I have to say, I think I like the TWag 4-pin > APS V3 HD600 cable just a little more than the RSA dual 3-pin > Equinox HD600 cable.

Mar 19, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #147 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, so far I am very happy with the TWag cable for my JH13Pro and Protector.

I ordered a 56" balanced TWag cable with a 2" single ended adapter so that I could also try it with my other portable amps. I have about 100 hours of burn-in on the cable which I began on Sunday. Many people have suggested 300 hours of burn-in on the TWag, which seems like a lot since even a new APS v3 cable has lost the sheen over the treble by 80-100 hours. But, I will be giving the TWag 300 hours just in case.

So far I can say that it's a step up in transparency and detail over the stock cable (although the stock cable doesn't suck as much as people would want you to believe). The biggest benefit is when going balanced with the Protector instead of single ended. If I use the TWag cable + single ended adapter with Pico Slim Demo Amp or RSA P-51, I can enjoy it just as much as with the Protector single ended. But when I remove the SE adapter and go balanced, then the soundstage opens up and also becomes more transparent (I have about 160 hours on the Protector). I feel like I may also be getting a boost in the bass today, and I want to try the cable with my ES3X soon.

I've also really been enjoying the Protector with HD600, using the TWag Protector to 4-pin XLR adapter, which I am also burning in. (I can use the SE adapter to let me connect the 4-pin adapter to another amp, so I also put 100 hours on that so far). I have to say, I think I like the TWag 4-pin > APS V3 HD600 cable just a little more than the RSA dual 3-pin > Equinox HD600 cable.

Excellent....

That transparency really becomes more evident as the burn in process takes place. I have to say, there is lots of synergy when using TWag throughout!

I look forward to more impressions as time progresses. I find that at about 500 hours, bass detail becomes more forward and mids REALLY shine!!

Craig

Mar 19, 2010 at 12:44 AM Post #148 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excellent....

That transparency really becomes more evident as the burn in process takes place. I have to say, there is lots of synergy when using TWag throughout!

I look forward to more impressions as time progresses. I find that at about 500 hours, bass detail becomes more forward and mids REALLY shine!!

Craig

OK, OK, that's all I want to hear, Craig. I really don't want to know what happens at 5000 hours or 50,000 hours. It's just too hard to get to, you know what I mean. Unless you have some 50,000 hours TWag cable to sell, otherwise, don't even say it. :wink:
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 19, 2010 at 3:01 AM Post #150 of 169
Seriously Craig, if you have a cable with 500 hours of burn in time, I'll buy another cable from you. I told you awhile back that you should just burn-in the whole roll of TWag and then cut them up for for individual cable. Now that is ***** customer service. Now you are only 41/2 * :wink:

Furthermore, 1 billion hours equal to 114155 years. I hope by then we will be listening to the HD80000000000000000000000000000.......

BTW, I am still waiting for my delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back