TWag Replacement cable for the balanced Protector
Mar 19, 2010 at 3:05 AM Post #151 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously Craig, if you have a cable with 500 hours of burn in time, I'll buy another cable from you. I told you awhile back that you should just burn-in the whole roll of TWag and then cut them up for for individual cable. Now that is ***** customer service. Now you are only 41/2 * :wink:

BTW, I am still waiting for my delivery.

Really? Thats insane. I hope it gets there soon...

Yea this wire is magical after hours on it. There are so many that love it right out of the box...

Craig

Mar 19, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #152 of 169
Good afternoon everyone, I have recently found myself wanting to build a new little system for myself, I need to get my SA5K's recabled and found that im missing an IEM to join them after my Shure e4c's decided to die ... :sad: so i have decided to go with the new JH16Pros/Balanced/Protector i love sound! anyway I was doing a lot of reading and finding out what the best components would be. so bear in mind that i want buy all of these items around the same time to synchronize the burn in necessary. now i know ill be spending upwards of 2K on these items (source for the time being would be a nokia n900 or a sony es receiver for home listening but that may not need a separate amp so i guess just the n900). This is more of an aesthetic question for Craig; i see that you make other custom balanced cables and was wondering if i ordered these balanced cables for the JHAudio IEMS for the protector would I be able to get the regular rubber y-splitter instead of the wooden one? I hope this isnt an offensive question, but your would be appreciated. Thanks, its a good time to be an audiophile!!!

Mar 22, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #154 of 169
Craig!!!!

I am going to order from you yet again! This time it's all for personal use and for the home set up! Your little surprise from me will be coming next week!
biggrin.gif

Apr 3, 2010 at 9:10 AM Post #158 of 169
hi craig,

can you get viablube 1/8" stereo mini jacks? (i think i remember reading a post where you had 1/4" ones)

what i'd really like is an adapter cable to convert my existing TWag JH cable for use with the protector, but still be able to use it with regular mini-jack outputs.

so, female mini viablue one end -> male protector the other. with about 8-12" TWag in between.

is that possible?

Apr 3, 2010 at 9:19 AM Post #159 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by obrienk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi craig,

can you get viablube 1/8" stereo mini jacks? (i think i remember reading a post where you had 1/4" ones)

what i'd really like is an adapter cable to convert my existing TWag JH cable for use with the protector, but still be able to use it with regular mini-jack outputs.

so, female mini viablue one end -> male protector the other. with about 8-12" TWag in between.

is that possible?

if i read that right you're trying to go from a single ended TWag cable, and then use a adaptor to get it to plug into the protector? because that wont work. You need your cable to have to the protector male on the end, and then you can get an adaptor to use it with single ended sources.

Apr 3, 2010 at 9:24 AM Post #160 of 169
yeah, i just thought about it some more and realised that the fact it's currently SE will mean that i wouldn't be able to go balanced
frown.gif

looks like i'll need them re-terminating then
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2010 at 9:28 AM Post #161 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by obrienk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, i just thought about it some more and realised that the fact it's currently SE will mean that i wouldn't be able to go balanced
frown.gif

looks like i'll need them re-terminating then
smily_headphones1.gif

yup, craig does that too, thats what i did right before the protector came out, was send my TWag back to him for the new connector. Dont worry he takes good care of it while its there
biggrin.gif

Apr 3, 2010 at 11:31 AM Post #162 of 169
yeah, he's the man.

i wouldn't mind but i've not even used my existing cable yet, as i'm still waiting for UM to send me my customs
redface.gif

i'm loving my TWag micro lod and mini-mini though
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 10, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #164 of 169
Hey Craig,

can the heatsink area at the connector pins be any shorter so that the bend in the cable doesn't start so far away from your ears? I'm sure this was as short as it can be given the amount of wire going to that tiny connector but i just thought I'd ask.

Cant wait to get my twag
biggrin.gif

cheers

Lint

Apr 11, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #165 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
26275d1266392338-twag-replacement-cable-balanced-protector-xlr_bal_1.jpg

Just ordered this from Craig so I can try all my balanced headphones with the Protector.
biggrin.gif

My ordered arrived yesterday and the construction is top notch as always. I went for a longer wire length and it is just great for home use. I have it burning in now. Thanks Craig.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back