Tutorial: Increase the "Treble Energy and Detail" of the Shure SE530's! [Pics Included]-[MAIN POST UPDATED 5/04/09]
May 6, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #241 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An Equalizer will fix that up in a jiffy!! My mod brings out the treble range that I find important. I no longer pick at the deficiencies of my SE530's anymore after my mod because the sound is...how do I put this??.......PERFECT
tongue_smile.gif

Also your analogy with the car seats is false. Since switching the seats to lighter seats will help make the car go faster. Switching to tips with different diameter exit holes can shape the sound differently.

Subjectively perfect, perhaps.

My car seat analogy was correct, as I was not referring to a race car, and was not referring to making the seats lighter. Those shures are far from being the race cars of headphones.

Shaping the sound still doesn't improve them, at least objectively.

May 6, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #242 of 345
Quote:

How is it misleading when this mod is proven to work? Stop trolling my thread and go somewhere and let people who actually own Shure SE530's visit.

It is misleading when you start to comment on IEM you only read about, but not actually heard of. Most of us have no problem with people with strong preference, but not to a point of speaking blindly... and keep telling others SE530 is perfect is not helping. It just make you annoying. For examples, you have repeatedly prised SE530 five times in the last ten posts of yours (as listed below). While it might seem not enough for you, they looks totally disturbing / pointless to other members, especially since you constantly accuse other who disagree with you as bashing the SE530 while you behave like a know-all.

Quote:

They sound soooo perfect...

Quote:

Oh wow. I find the treble perfect now. ..

Quote:

...I always want more myself but it's just that the SE530's right now sound so damn good....

Quote:

... The increase in the treble for me makes the Shure SE530's perfect!

Quote:

...Now I can rock out again because the music sounds glorious. ... Right now as I'm listening to my Shure SE530's I can't help but dance. The sound is coming from everywhere!!!! Make it stop!!! Ahhhhhh!!!!

SE530 has been in Head-fi long enough that many of us understand its strengths and weaknesses. While it is great that you love your SE530, we already get your message and hoping you can tune your voice down a little bit and actually pay attention to what other have to say about the SE530, and perhaps learn something new.

May 6, 2009 at 6:45 AM Post #243 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is misleading when you start to comment on IEM you only read about, but not actually heard of. Most of us have no problem with people with strong preference, but not to a point of speaking blindly... and keep telling others SE530 is perfect is not helping. It just make you annoying. For examples, you have repeatedly prised SE530 five times in the last ten posts of yours (as listed below). While it might seem not enough for you, they looks totally disturbing / pointless to other members, especially since you constantly accuse other who disagree with you as bashing the SE530 while you behave like a know-all.

SE530 has been in Head-fi long enough that many of us understand its strengths and weaknesses. While it is great that you love your SE530, we already get your message and hoping you can tune your voice down a little bit and actually pay attention to what other have to say about the SE530, and perhaps learn something new.

Well said, thanks for posting what so many are thinking. Unfortunately there are also posts from voltage stating he doesn't care what the other people on the internet think.

May 6, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #244 of 345
Quote:

[size=large]Step 4: [/size]
Your finished and it should look like this...
gedc1181.jpg

That's funny, because that's what my 18 month old "modded triple flange into biflange" look like from when I had a pair of stock SE530 (before I had my SE530 modded into customs).

May 6, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #246 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's funny, because that's what my 18 month old "modded triple flange into biflange" look like from when I had a pair of stock SE530 (before I had my SE530 modded into customs).

heh, nobody has ever done the triflange-to-biflange for their IEMs before ol' millivolt here

May 6, 2009 at 8:41 AM Post #247 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
heh, nobody has ever done the triflange-to-biflange for their IEMs before ol' millivolt here

Yup, and most definitely not the people that used to do this for their UM2 about 4 years ago to also help bring out the highs. I tried it back in the day too and thought that it made the UM2's highs very steely and sibilant. I remember trying this on the SE530 but I could never get a good fit this way, and without a good fit the SE530 sounded like a mess: bloated bass, plasticky mids, and steely, sibilant highs. But, it is only fair to say that I have a hard time getting universal-fit IEMs to fit right in the first place, which is why I went custom. I can only get the SE530 to fit right using stock triflanges, and it does sound nice that way.

May 6, 2009 at 4:27 PM Post #248 of 345
I wonder if the RSA P-51 Mustang portable amplifier may increase the treble. If so I will have to undo my mod and go back to the olives because the treble right now is sooooo perfect!
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #249 of 345
Quote:

I wonder if the RSA P-51 Mustang portable amplifier may increase the treble. If so I will have to undo my mod and go back to the olives because the treble right now is sooooo perfect!
biggrin.gif

You should edit your signature and put the statement you keep mentioning 10 times a day at least so it will save you time and effort on typing. Something like "oh my GOD with my always changing "mod" the treble is so perfect, it brings the detail and everything sounds so perfect. All of you should review the magical and perfect SE530 with my "mod" to make it justice..."

May 6, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #250 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolardito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should edit your signature and put the statement you keep mentioning 10 times a day at least so it will save you time and effort on typing. Something like "oh my GOD with my always changing "mod" the treble is so perfect, it brings the detail and everything sounds so perfect. All of you should review the magical and perfect SE530 with my "mod" to make it justice..."

While I was reading this my favorite song came on while I had my SE530's on and began dancing so I couldn't finish reading....
ksc75smile.gif

May 6, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #252 of 345
Quote:

OK just keep us informed as soon as you find your "mod" of the day..

This is pretty much the mod of the year. I don't think any other tip configuration can be any better. The reason for the treble increase is because of the very small sound exit hole of the triple flange sleeves. I think the sound waves pressurize or something as it leaves down the ear canal increasing treble or something. *Goes back to jamming with Shure SE530's*

May 6, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #253 of 345
Quote:

OK just DON'T keep us informed when you find your "mod" of the day..

LOL. No one is forcing you to come to my thread and read the updates to my wonderful mod. It's like you guys are attracted to me. It's funny pissing people off over the internet. This forum has given me the most laughs over any other forum I've registered to.

May 6, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #254 of 345
Quote:

LOL. No one is forcing you to come to my thread and read the updates to my wonderful mod. It's like you guys are attracted to me. It's funny pissing people off over the internet. This forum has given me the most laughs over any other forum I've registered to.

Not that this is going to do any good but... *what the heck* .... Ever think about finding yourself a girlfriend?
frown.gif

May 6, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #255 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zalithian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HPA, I hate to tell you this but yours is simply a cutting of the tips. Voltages is a "mod"

Sorry man. Big difference.

I smell your sarcasm here. Funny. I think this "mod" would bring brightness to every Warm SS earphone which is fit with, like IE8,W3.

I also agree with words from Voltage are kind of misleading to other members, especially those who are new in here. Back to the day when I just wanted to buy my first high end IEM, I almost pull my trigger at SE 530 becasue of voltage comments on it, even I doubt SE 530 style is not good enough for me. It gave me a hard time to choose to get SE 530 or IE8. Right now, I am pretty sure I don't miss SE 530 anymore
L3000.gif

Voltage, honestly, I appreciate your restless effort to promote SE 530, but that is enough already. Give people some spaces to choose as there are a lot of new kids,W3,W3MX,CK 100,IE 8,X10, in town, I am pretty sure SE 530 is not the only one on the top anymore.

Your reaction to piss someone off over internet intentionly is nothing but keep degrading your creditability, let yourself become clown in this forum. One day you will find your recommendaiton is worth anything to any memebr who has 100 posts above.......

Take this chance to move on after your get banned

Users who are viewing this thread

Back