Tutorial: Increase the "Treble Energy and Detail" of the Shure SE530's! [Pics Included]-[MAIN POST UPDATED 5/04/09]
May 6, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #256 of 345
VoLTaG3:
There is something called CIVILITY in real life AND in the internet. Civil, respectful people DON'T try to piss piss people off on good, informative forums like HeadFi for their own entertainment. Yes, it happens sometimes when folks have different views on a subject, but contoversy just seems to follow you around whatever thread you post on. Treat people with respect, realize people have DIFFERENT viewpoints than you, dont try to force your viewpoint down their throats. YOU'LL get more respect in return, I don't believe anyone really respects your viewpoint right now, not that it seems to matter to you...
Just my $0.02
gg
PS - there are may other forums out there that would ban your happy a** in a minute for the disrespect you've shown here. The mods are pretty tolerant here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL. No one is forcing you to come to my thread and read the updates to my wonderful mod. It's like you guys are attracted to me. It's funny pissing people off over the internet. This forum has given me the most laughs over any other forum I've registered to.

May 6, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #257 of 345
Quote:

LOL. No one is forcing you to come to my thread and read the updates to my wonderful mod. It's like you guys are attracted to me. It's funny pissing people off over the internet. This forum has given me the most laughs over any other forum I've registered to.

Does it make me a bad person for laughing when voltage got banned?
jecklinsmile.gif

EDIT: I LOL'd pretty hard

May 6, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #258 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by homers54321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does it make me a bad person for laughing when voltage got banned?
jecklinsmile.gif

EDIT: I LOL'd pretty hard

I LOL'd pretty hard too because I changed my IP address and was easily back on the forums secretively.

May 6, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #259 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Back to the day when I just wanted to buy my first high end IEM, I almost pull my trigger at SE 530 becasue of voltage comments on it, even I doubt SE 530 style is not good enough for me. It gave me a hard time to choose to get SE 530 or IE8. Right now, I am pretty sure I don't miss SE 530 anymore
L3000.gif

This confused me for a second. I think you are saying you're mostly happy with your IE8s and have few regrets about not trying the SE530s. Congrats on finding something you're happy with!
beerchug.gif

@VoLTaG3: you're invisible now!

May 6, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #260 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjisme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This confused me for a second. I think you are saying you're mostly happy with your IE8s and have few regrets about not trying the SE530s. Congrats on finding something you're happy with!
beerchug.gif

@VoLTaG3: you're invisible now!

Sorry about confusing you. What I wanted to say I had no regret for not trying SE 530 after purchasing IE 8, as I think SE 530 would not be as impeccable as Voltage claimed.
icon10.gif

May 6, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #261 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry about confusing you. What I wanted to say I had no regret for not trying SE 530 after purchasing IE 8, as I think SE 530 would not be as impeccable as Voltage claimed.
icon10.gif

Glad you like the IE8's. Those earphones amaze me on how one driver can provide such a wonderful sound. Comparable to earphones with 3 distinct drivers for each earpiece.

May 6, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #262 of 345
Quote:

Every comparison I've read where the TF10 was compared to the Shure SE530 they always mentioned the Shure SE530's soundstage being more superior.

*cough*

I think you should try listening to other phones, instead of reading about em. Seriously.

May 6, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #263 of 345
Quote:

Glad you like the IE8's. Those earphones amaze me on how one driver can provide such a wonderful sound. Comparable to earphones with 3 distinct drivers for each earpiece.

OK, I'll bite. WHY are 3 drivers necessarily better than 1? If the Senn's designer was able to do with one DYNAMIC driver what he/she wanted, why complicate the picture by adding more drivers? My home speakers (ProAc 2.5's) are a 2 way with only a 7" woofer. The sound is WAY more coherent (and in my opinion, better) than some 4 and 5 ways I've heard. Simplicity in the signal path does have it's advangages - phase coherence and just less to muddy up the waveform. Please support your arguement that three drivers are better than one with some kind of empirical evidence. Otherise you're just whistling in the dark (obscure They Might Be Giants reference...
icon10.gif
). BTW I won't slam the 530's because I've never heard them. But I do own the IE-8's.
gg

May 6, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #264 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by gjg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, I'll bite. WHY are 3 drivers necessarily better than 1? If the Senn's designer was able to do with one DYNAMIC driver what he/she wanted, why complicate the picture by adding more drivers? My home speakers (ProAc 2.5's) are a 2 way with only a 7" woofer. The sound is WAY more coherent (and in my opinion, better) than some 4 and 5 ways I've heard. Simplicity in the signal path does have it's advangages - phase coherence and just less to muddy up the waveform. Please support your arguement that three drivers are better than one with some kind of empirical evidence. Otherise you're just whistling in the dark (obscure They Might Be Giants reference...
icon10.gif
). BTW I won't slam the 530's because I've never heard them. But I do own the IE-8's.
gg

Well multiple drivers will lead to a more clarity across the frequency spectrum. The reason why the full advantage of multiple drivers over single drivers has not been shown is because of the extreme difficulty there is in creating a flawless crossover network. The quality of the crossover network will make the outcome of the quality of the sound from each speaker. No crossover network that has been built is perfect thus the reason why no one has really seen the true advantage of multiple driver setups. It's perfectly obvious having multiple drivers handling different frequencies will lead to a much more seperated and distortion free sound.

May 6, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #265 of 345
Quote:

It's perfectly obvious having multiple drivers handling different frequencies will lead to a much more seperated and distortion free sound.

When you use a multi-driver system, you need cross-over filters and therefore you will have phase distortion. Do your homework next time you attempt to make an educated comment.

May 6, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #266 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you use a multi-driver system, you need cross-over filters and therefore you will have phase distortion. Do your homework next time you attempt to make an educated comment.

Well if you read than you would would have seen this.

"The quality of the crossover network will make the outcome of the quality of the sound from each speaker. No crossover network that has been built is perfect thus the reason why no one has really seen the true advantage of multiple driver setups."

May 6, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #268 of 345
Quote:

No crossover network that has been built is perfect thus the reason why no one has really seen the true advantage of multiple driver setups.

What would be the true advantage of using 3 drivers that the SE530's use?

May 6, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #269 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What would be the true advantage of using 3 drivers that the SE530's use?

The immediate advantage seen with the Shure SE530's and other multiple driver IEM's is there is very little distortion in each frequency. Also multiple drivers can take EQing more without distortion than a single driver. Also the biggest advantage a multiple driver setup as over a single driver is the lack of distortion when the volume increases. Bump up the volume with a single driver and get ready for distortion as that poor little diaphragm wimps out. Not all single drivers will immediately distort as volume arises but the majority will full out distort far earlier than a multiple setup will.

May 6, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #270 of 345
We're also talking about a driver 5mm (or so) across, with VERY little mass - it doesn't take much to get it to accelerate to any frequency in the audible range. So why add a crossover? And just by their nature a dynamic driver will present a fuller soundstage - why are there no BA speakers? It's perfectly obvious.
gg
Quote:

Well multiple drivers will lead to a more clarity across the frequency spectrum. The reason why the full advantage of multiple drivers over single drivers has not been shown is because of the extreme difficulty there is in creating a flawless crossover network. The quality of the crossover network will make the outcome of the quality of the sound from each speaker. No crossover network that has been built is perfect thus the reason why no one has really seen the true advantage of multiple driver setups. It's perfectly obvious having multiple drivers handling different frequencies will lead to a much more seperated and distortion free sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back