Tutorial: Increase the "Treble Energy and Detail" of the Shure SE530's! [Pics Included]-[MAIN POST UPDATED 5/04/09]
May 6, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #227 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ignorance is bliss, or so it seems.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

May 6, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #228 of 345
While I want to encourage people to report posts that are inappropriate, being a fanboy, even to the degree of VoLTaG3, is not yet a violation of the Terms of Use. However, those of you that find his rabid, annoying fanboyism to more than you can tolerate, I suggest you use the ignore feature

May 6, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #231 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't comment if you're not able to actually try the mod. It really works and I have no interest in to try and convince myself if it did, because that's just purely unuseful and would defeat the whole purpose of modding, tweaking and adjusting.

I wouldn't classify changing the ear pieces as a mod; perhaps if you could somehow tweak the actual drivers or something.

I tried all of these fitting methods, but concluded that changing the seats in a car will not make it driver faster.

May 6, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #232 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by CompressionalFlagellation /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't classify changing the ear pieces as a mod; perhaps if you could somehow tweak the actual drivers or something.

I tried all of these fitting methods, but concluded that changing the seats in a car will not make it driver faster.

Actually I am "modifying" the triple flanges from the way the were originally made. I instantly noticed an increase in treble presence with my mod with a test song I always choose for treble. Also placing lighter seats in a car will help aide it's overall top speed because the engine has less load. Which is what is done to racing cars.

May 6, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #233 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually I am "modifying" the triple flanges from the way the were originally made. I instantly noticed an increase in treble presence with my mod with a test song I always choose for treble. Also placing lighter seats in a car will help aide it's overall top speed because the engine has less load. Which is what is done to racing cars.

I LOL'd pretty hard reading this

May 6, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #234 of 345
what a tool
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #236 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem with threads like this is that they are misleading for newbies. And that is a problem.

How is it misleading when this mod is proven to work? Stop trolling my thread and go somewhere and let people who actually own Shure SE530's visit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is my take: the mod bumps up the upper treble by maybe 3dB or less (I am guess here since I got no measuring tool). The more significant part of the mod is it takes away some of the mid warmness that make SE530's mid sounding sweet. The trade off doesn't really worth it IMO. I'll stick back to olive.

Clearly the mod bumps up the treble which is what I was after. ClieOS finds a negative impact in the midrange of the mod but I don't. I see an increase in treble and only that. The increase in the treble for me makes the Shure SE530's perfect!

May 6, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #237 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I guess you could call trimming the triple flanges a mod... at least for the ear piece fittings. But yeah, I tried it, and although it possibly sounded a bit different, it wasn't an improvement in the least.

I suppose the analogy would have been clearer had I specified that the seats swapped were exactly the same, except for their softness/firmness. geez. lol.

So basically, that huge dip @ 12k is there because of the drivers -- and nothing, aside from a driver mod, will change that.
frown.gif

May 6, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #238 of 345
Quote:

I guess you could call trimming the triple flanges a mod... at least for the ear piece fittings. But yeah, I tried it, and although it possibly sounded a bit different, it wasn't an improvement in the least.

I suppose the analogy would have been clearer had I specified that the seats swapped were exactly the same, except for their softness/firmness. geez. lol.

So basically, that huge dip @ 12k is there because of the drivers -- and nothing, aside from a driver mod, will change that.
frown.gif

An Equalizer will fix that up in a jiffy!! My mod brings out the treble range that I find important. I no longer pick at the deficiencies of my SE530's anymore after my mod because the sound is...how do I put this??.......PERFECT
tongue_smile.gif

Also your analogy with the car seats is false. Since switching the seats to lighter seats will help make the car go faster. Switching to tips with different diameter exit holes can shape the sound differently.

May 6, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #240 of 345
Quote:

big ol' gut laugh eh?

lolololololol! no.
images

Well I'm pretty much gonna go to sleep with my beloved modded SE530's on. LOL. You guys can keep posting in my wonderful thread and bumping it up so the newbies can read the helpful mod. Good Night.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back