Tube storage?
Jul 3, 2012 at 2:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Fearless1

Headphoneus Supremus
Can anyone recommend to me a case, box, or apparatus to store my tubes in? The boxes they come in tend to fall apart. I would like to remove them from the box and have some sort of a padded case to keep the matching sets together. I can find nothing of the sort.

Thanks in advance.

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #7 of 23
Quote:
 Problem solved, thanks to the wife and her old padded jewelry box

smiley_thumb.gif
 Well done. Now you've inspired me to accomplish much the same before summer ends.

Jul 11, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #10 of 23
Air/water tight case is no no for long term storage. Only for transport. It will trap moisture and tube pins will rust. Don't forget to clean your pins if your oily/salty fingers touched them

Jul 16, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #11 of 23
Quote:
Air/water tight case is no no for long term storage. Only for transport. It will trap moisture and tube pins will rust. Don't forget to clean your pins if your oily/salty fingers touched them

What long-term storage solution work for you, Seamaster? Currently, I have mine lying comfortably inside my sock drawer. I eventually want to display the small sample of glass I have. The USAF-596 & The TS-5998 are too beautiful to remain hidden.

Jul 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #13 of 23
Basically any dry place within normal temperature. I warp the lose tubes with shipping foam, stack boxed tubes in a wood cabinet, and put a lot of moisture absorber bags in there, Luckily I am mechanic, there are a lot of dry bags comes with each new engines or transmissions. I just save them...

Jul 20, 2013 at 6:47 AM Post #15 of 23
I switch tubes now and then on my headphone amp.
To prevent that the lettering of the tubes will be rubbed off by taking my tube collection in and out of the carton boxes, I want to make a storage system where this does not happen.
I was thinking of drilling holes in a wooden beam in which I mount tube sockets. The beam will be placed in a wooden box to keep out the sunlight, dust, etc.

Does anyone have tips or good ideas on how you can best store your tubes and keep them in good condition? (next to the solutions already discussed)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back