tube portable amp - C&C BOX TU
Jan 12, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tubes in pants
biggrin.gif
not sure if I like something glowing and hot in my pants.

Well it could be a real attention getter.

So less of a tube sound? An amp no matter what it is using to power the signal should be true to the signal. The design that doesn't take this into account doesn't impress me a great deal. Otherwise all you have is a tone control and someone else's at that.

Jan 12, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #17 of 24
Hm.. What do you mean about not being true? He said that he used tubes that did not give a very strong 'tube' feel to the sound, because he wanted it to work well with classical.

Jan 12, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #18 of 24
Well if it sounds good with one kind of music but not with another then it isn't being true to the signal. Also tubes can be excellent when used correctly. If he did not want to utilize the strengths of tubes then why use them at all?

Jan 12, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #19 of 24
True, that.

Jan 18, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #20 of 24
Jan 22, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #21 of 24
I am a happy owner of a C&C TU. I picked it up a couple of weeks ago, and it satisfies my tube obsession for all of the travel I do and time spent sitting in hotel rooms and airports. It synergies with the RE0 quite well and addresses the lean bass some people have mentioned.

I will write up a full review including pairing with a recabled PK1, K701, H260, and others when I feel it's broken in fully!

Jan 22, 2010 at 3:49 AM Post #22 of 24
Choice of music is potentially important, though. Now that I'm listening to a lot of instrumental Jazz, this is increasingly becoming my first-choice amp.

However it does ring a lot more than even my TTVJ. I might open it up and see if it may benefit from sticking blu-tack to the tubes.

Feb 6, 2010 at 11:03 AM Post #23 of 24
What sort of tubes does it use?

Jan 24, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #24 of 24
I didn't want to make another thread. What is the latest model? I looked on their website and they have the old ones on there. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back