Tube Buzz on Left Channel
Jan 22, 2007 at 2:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

penguindude

1000+ Head-Fier
I've had LD2++ for almost a month now. Yesterday, I was experiencing constant buzzing noise on the left channel. I tried switching various tubes and the buzz still persisted. It goes on and off and usually lasts about 5 seconds, then off for a few minutes, then it comes back. It's driving me nuts. Anyone know what the problem is?

Jan 23, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #3 of 7
I've got a humming noise with my II++ as well, but it was caused by one of the Ediswan EF92. But if you have switched the tubes around, I would say it's more like a bad grounding (may be an intermittent one), well who knows? It may even be a failed bypass cap. Also, you may want to look at the source component cause they may introduce the buzz as well.

Dec 4, 2007 at 7:31 AM Post #4 of 7
Sounds like time for a tube upgrade.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 4, 2007 at 1:17 PM Post #5 of 7
Have you tried reversing the R and L channels from your source to see if the buzz changes channels as well?

If the buzz remains in the same channel then at least you will know it's not the source.

Dec 4, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #6 of 7
whoaa zombie thread
tongue.gif

one way to check is to change your source, if the humm still there, then its the tubes not the source

Dec 4, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozz_Keren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whoaa zombie thread
tongue.gif

one way to check is to change your source, if the humm still there, then its the tubes not the source

X2 Also, are the tube pins clean? I've had to deoxit every single one of mine at one time or another.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back