TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems
Jan 10, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #301 of 1,206
  I decided early on not to drink the Apple Kool-aid 
biggrin.gif

So does anybody other than me wonder why the heck they make each earpiece different colours? There's no reason to differentiate left/right. Really, they're an over ear design, it's impossible to put them in backwards. Not a big fan of the translucent faceted vsd3-esque shape either, but the proof is in the hearing, I suppose.

I think the two tone is cool and make it even easier to tell each side apart. Although they really should have made a red and blue combo.

It's easier to show them off with transparent walls: "these are dual BAs and see that, it's a dynamic driver, pretty cool huh?"

Jan 10, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #303 of 1,206
The price is impressive, I paid near 120 Euro for Altone 200 at early sale stage. This T2 costs 75 Euro. I just paid 71 Euro for A71 from LMUE store, can't do it from Amazon US, hence it's just for US...Again, it's impressive for a triple driver hybrid. And TTPOD knows it :wink:

Jan 12, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #304 of 1,206
The price is impressive, I paid near 120 Euro for Altone 200 at early sale stage. This T2 costs 75 Euro. I just paid 71 Euro for A71 from LMUE store, can't do it from Amazon US, hence it's just for US...Again, it's impressive for a triple driver hybrid. And TTPOD knows it
wink.gif

Where did you find the T2 for 75 Euro ? at LMUE?

I am living in Belgium myself...

regards,
~A

Jan 12, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #306 of 1,206
  Ouch. I feel you. Oneplus one goes from $377 usd to $480 cad after everything

I feel the pain, your conversion rate makes mine look rather placid. 
redface.gif

The price is impressive, I paid near 120 Euro for Altone 200 at early sale stage. This T2 costs 75 Euro. I just paid 71 Euro for A71 from LMUE store, can't do it from Amazon US, hence it's just for US...Again, it's impressive for a triple driver hybrid. And TTPOD knows it
wink.gif

But the sound must be good, a level above norm. With aggressive pricing and performance being offered from Chinese markets, it seems one must truly make their product excel above a price point to get anywhere, good for us the consumers, a battle for competitors. IEM like Havi, VSD3S (besides its minor sibilance) are setting new standards for budget performance.

Whilst the gap between low tier and mid-tier closes quickly. 

Jan 12, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #307 of 1,206
Yes, I know the deal from Penon Audio. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.
popcorn.gif

Why I am asking this is due to the fact that LMUE has the GR07 Classic for 76 Euros = $92 while it goes for $99.00 in almost all the other sites.

Regards,
~A

Jan 12, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #309 of 1,206
x

Jan 12, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #313 of 1,206
  You guys are in for a treat sometime in January if you're in the market for these, be on the lookout. :) The packaging and build quality are a huge step up from their predecessors. Listening to them now.

If these sound good then this thread just turned to be free adverts for you guys at Massdrop! Can you comment on the sound or is that a conflict of interest (or something like that)?

Jan 12, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #315 of 1,206
  You guys are in for a treat sometime in January if you're in the market for these, be on the lookout. :) The packaging and build quality are a huge step up from their predecessors. Listening to them now.

Everything about T2 is a step up from T1.  Love the cable, though wish they would include a chin slider.  Earpieces look high-tech, though wish they would make them a bit rounder.  Got them on burn in now, might post my initial impression later tonight.

Oh, and I wonder if Mass Drop going to link my future T2 review like you did link my T1E review (from XDA) when you had those on MD?
tongue.gif
  (I'm Vectron from XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2192333), but anyway
wink.gif

Not saying anything about the sound yet since out of the box I heard a nice bass rumble with narrow bore tips, but an hour later it settle down already (quantity that is).  Will need to do tip rolling for sure after burn in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back