TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Aug 15, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #2,026 of 2,099
Guys my TTPODs died, it was the plug, so I bought a new neutrik plug and cut the cables and I ended with four wires but I dunno how to solder them. I guess red is right (ring), green left (tip), white ground (sleeve) but I'm not sure. Could someone point me on how to solder the wires to my new plug? 

EDIT: I soldered red to ring, green to tip and the white wire to sleeve and I got sound, but if I move the cable sometimes sound is gone. Maybe I should solder the bare copper wire too?

Aug 16, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #2,027 of 2,099
  Guys my TTPODs died, it was the plug, so I bought a new neutrik plug and cut the cables and I ended with four wires but I dunno how to solder them. I guess red is right (ring), green left (tip), white ground (sleeve) but I'm not sure. Could someone point me on how to solder the wires to my new plug? 

EDIT: I soldered red to ring, green to tip and the white wire to sleeve and I got sound, but if I move the cable sometimes sound is gone. Maybe I should solder the bare copper wire too?

Is yours T1S model?....

Aug 16, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #2,029 of 2,099
It's T1-E without mic or anything else

Hmm, yeah just wanted to make sure....Well, so you can track down which wires (colors) from each shells from translucent shells, as the thick copper wire (common ground) is the one which is odd and confusing.

Or the copper is dummy (trim it) and do the connections as you said above to check.....if both earpieces sounds good, make the connections permanent and seal the neutrik!

Sep 14, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #2,030 of 2,099
Had a listen on these today and I really enjoyed the sound with wider bore tips. But I was inspecting the earphone and I found a little crack in the shell. Not to happy about this because they have been basically been babied and just been sat in the drawer, used less than 10 times. Thankfully the crack doesnt seem to have affected the sound.

Sep 25, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #2,031 of 2,099
My review on these is up:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/ttpod-t1-e-high-definition-dual-dynamic-professional-in-ear-earphone/reviews/14092

Cheers
beerchug.gif

Oct 1, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #2,032 of 2,099

Funny to see this after all the hyped up reviews.

I haven't been here for a while but after a year with my T1E's, my right earphone is dying. Started with the usual crackling then partially cutting out, then full nothing. It could probably be fixed, but it's not worth it. I've been out of the in-ear game for a bit so I'm totally clueless on new releases and I'm not sure if I'm going to go Chinese brand again or not but time to get back to researching. 

Oct 1, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #2,033 of 2,099
While everyone is entitled to opinions which I respect, the sudden bashing of a product that's been out for a long time, had great success, and been popular for a long time proves itself that this is a great IEM. I own several other much higher priced and largely popular in-ear monitors, and the T1E holds its own against them. I feel that they are still one of the better deals out there.

Oct 1, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #2,035 of 2,099
"Hisoundfi

While everyone is entitled to opinions which I respect, the sudden bashing of a product that's been out for a long time, had great success, and been popular for a long time proves itself that this is a great IEM. I own several other much higher priced and largely popular in-ear monitors, and the T1E holds its own against them. I feel that they are still one of the better deals out "

I have to say that I agree. To me, they are comfortable and sound great. It's not pure reference quality but what $100 iem is? Oh wait, I only paid $35 for these. They sound better and are more comfortable than AT im-50 which costs more. I like them better than MEE M6 Pro and Klipsch Image S2 which both were more. And close to Brainwavz S0 which cost more. The Havi B3 Pro 1 beats them but cost more. The KZ ed9 & ed10 are great anomalies of tech for the price. Nice signature and stage but not as detailed as T1E to me. As far as build quality, I haven't had any problems but admittedly I am probably more gentle with all of my gear than most people. If you repeatedly crunch them down in a backpack or stuff them in your jeans pocket any of them will eventually fail. With that said however, the T1E doesn't appear to be the most robust of my collection. That title would most likely go to the Brainwavz S0. So if you're shopping take the negative reviews (positive too for that matter) with a grain of salt. Including my own. A lot of my own impressions and reviews are positive. Some may think it's bias but I attribute it to careful research and selection. My wife just calls it obsessive.
Happy listening!

Oct 1, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #2,036 of 2,099
While everyone is entitled to opinions which I respect, the sudden bashing of a product that's been out for a long time, had great success, and been popular for a long time proves itself that this is a great IEM. I own several other much higher priced and largely popular in-ear monitors, and the T1E holds its own against them. I feel that they are still one of the better deals out there.

+1
I agree with you, especially with a good gear it still my fav phone. His only real pb is the short nozzle.

Oct 1, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #2,037 of 2,099

You know who also had great success?   Justin Bieber.

How can you listen to these aweful high mids?? do you listen at low volumes?
Even regular human voices (speaking) destroy my ears with these.

Oct 1, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #2,038 of 2,099
You know who also had great success?   Justin Bieber.

How can you listen to these aweful high mids?? do you listen at low volumes?
Even regular human voices (speaking) destroy my ears with these.
You have to have gotten a dud or a fake because I think the midrange on the T1E is great.

After reading your reviews, the question I was going to ask is...

How long have you been working for Awei? Don't answer that.

I own every earphone you have reviewed and personally have much different opinions from you. While I feel the Awei models provide decent price to performance ratio, I ended up giving my ES800 to my teenage son, and my ES900 will be gifted some day. The T1E I hold in high regard and use regularly.

Oct 1, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #2,040 of 2,099
You have to have gotten a dud or a fake because I think the midrange on the T1E is great.

After reading your reviews, the question I was going to ask is...

How long have you been working for Awei? Don't answer that.

I own every earphone you have reviewed and personally have much different opinions from you. While I feel the Awei models provide decent price to performance ratio, I ended up giving my ES800 to my teenage son, and my ES900 will be gifted some day. The T1E I hold in high regard and use regularly.

I don't think you understand me. Awei IEMs are also pretty crap from an objective\audiophile standpoint, but i can use them for Electronic music or "dark" sounding music IF i use EQ on them, they sound pretty bad with Metal\Classical\Bright recordings...

My point is: the Awei cost me 4-7$ they work fine for the main genres i consume, while the TTturds cost 35$ and they don't serve any purpose whatsoever...I can't enjoy music when a certain range of the spectrum is so ridiculously bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back