TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Aug 30, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #483 of 2,099
  I should have purchased there... would have got a free iem too I think

not free, but $9.99 with any order - still a great deal for a quality IEM.  Yeah, can't beat Penonaudio, those guys always take care of you with free eartips, extra discounts, and a VERY careful packaging.

Aug 30, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #484 of 2,099
not free, but $9.99 with any order - still a great deal for a quality IEM.  Yeah, can't beat Penonaudio, those guys always take care of you with free eartips, extra discounts, and a VERY careful packaging.
+1

Id rather pay a few extra bucks and get their great customer service and support.

You can't go wrong with Penonaudio

Aug 30, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #485 of 2,099
Ok, so here you go guys! I thought I would compile some detailed descriptions and some pictures together for fitment and hints/tips, so that people with the T1-E could achieve a proper seal and best sound intended from them 
etysmile.gif

I love this earphone as much as Hisoundfi I'm pretty sure, and it deserves to be heard if you're in the market for it's L-shaped signature, with a little extra bite in the upper mids/lower treble too. It's overall all fairly balanced with enhanced bass and upper mids some too. But this is like a 2.1 system in your head, it's not very neutral at all and definitely not analytical. It is just darn fun and musical, lending itself well across almost every genre I have thrown at it, to varying degrees for certain ones. The bass on these is pretty big and present, but not crossing into basshead territory so get that out of your head now lol! It's very impactful and extended/deep/bottomless and controlled.  With great quality and quantity! It is its show case, but the mids and treble are really great for the price too. One or two improvements would be details and microdetails if searching for cons, and a tiny more detailed&present upper treble.
Now, I know twister did some pics already though, and others have posted a few things... Most importantly, hope this helps!

@Gorktastick, you should put this in the first post so we can point people to it having fit questions or issues... Please and thank you 
wink.gif

Now we all have different ears in varying degrees of course, but this should help most of the individuals/owners lost with the fit or not sealing or shallow. 

To start off, these are the most comfortable iems I have tried so far, even besting the Philips SHE3590 and Zero Audio Carbo Tenore by a little bit, which both are no slouch in the comfort department.

I would suggest for the majority staying away from the colored tips & narrow bore white ones included with the T1-E, unless you are 100% satisfied with fitment & sound from the weird spiral colored tips that look cool. For most(but not all of course) I don't think they will seal properly, and isolation&bass will suffer some.

So here is a picture of the iem's Right marking in little white writing on the strain relief. As you can see, it's a little hard to find/spot if you don't know where to look. There is also a bump for the R in the dark.

In my opinion, the easiest and deepest way to fit these successfully, making a proper seal, is wearing them cable down with a wide bore tip(for bass and best sound too). The housing fits like this, L in left and R in right.

If you don't like wearing iems cable down I understand and would suggest wearing them like this cable up. Switch the channels for fitment & seal purposes if you are gonna wear them cable up!

Always use the Ety/triflange earplug technique to insert whether cable down or up imho! Relax your jaw, pull your ear up&back with your opposite hand over your head/neck, then insert the iem with the hand on the same side as your ear. This will achieve reliable, consistent results when fitting any iems or earplugs too.

You can even fit them like this as indieman discovered recently. If you want cable down insertion depth and seal, but want a cable up feeling and a little less microphonics, this is your ticket. Try this hybrid cable down/up way.

But whatever you do I would not advise wearing them like this or this. I can almost guarantee you with have a little or some fitment and seal problems. I can get it to fit like these ways with extra fiddling, but it is more upper mid/treble centric with a sufferance in bass.

R in left ear cable down

R in right ear cable up

Well, that's it. Once again, I hope you all found this informative and helpful! If you have any further fitment questions, I'll try to answer/ help when I can. As for tip rolling, I settled on the white wide bore mediums stock, they just do it for me... while the hard-stiff colored stem ones(bad seal and comfort) and narrow bore(less bass & not quite as comfortable/sealing) did not. But I haven't had a chance to try the Sony MH1 tips or Lunashops "heir" style tips. For tip rolling questions, I'm sure @Hisoundfi would be more than willing to help.

Thanks for reading and stay classy HeadFi 
cool.gif

Alex

Aug 30, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #486 of 2,099
Wow, nice write up.

Aug 30, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #488 of 2,099
Ok, so here you go guys! I thought I would compile some detailed descriptions and some pictures together for fitment and hints/tips, so that people with the T1-E could achieve a proper seal and best sound intended from them :etysmile:  

I love this earphone as much as Hisoundfi I'm pretty sure, and it deserves to be heard if you're in the market for it's L-shaped signature, with a little extra bite in the upper mids/lower treble too. It's overall all fairly balanced with enhanced bass and upper mids some too. But this is like a 2.1 system in your head, it's not very neutral at all and definitely not analytical. It is just darn fun and musical, lending itself well across almost every genre I have thrown at it, to varying degrees for certain ones. The bass on these is pretty big and present, but not crossing into basshead territory so get that out of your head now lol! It's very impactful and extended/deep/bottomless and controlled.  With great quality and quantity! It is its show case, but the mids and treble are really great for the price too. One or two improvements would be details and microdetails if searching for cons, and a tiny more detailed&present upper treble.
Now, I know twister did some pics already though, and others have posted a few things... Most importantly, hope this helps!

@Gorktastick
, you should put this in the first post so we can point people to it having fit questions or issues... Please and thank you :wink:

Now we all have different ears in varying degrees of course, but this should help most of the individuals/owners lost with the fit or not sealing or shallow. 

To start off, these are the most comfortable iems I have tried so far, even besting the Philips SHE3590 and Zero Audio Carbo Tenore by a little bit, which both are no slouch in the comfort department.

I would suggest for the majority staying away from the colored tips & narrow bore white ones included with the T1-E, unless you are 100% satisfied with fitment & sound from the weird spiral colored tips that look cool. For most I don't think they will seal properly, and isolation&bass will suffer some.

So here is a picture of the iem's Right marking in little white writing on the strain relief. As you can see, it's a little hard to find/spot if you don't know where to look. There is also a bump for the R in the dark.

In my opinion, the easiest and deepest way to fit these successfully, making a proper seal, is wearing them cable down with a wide bore tip(for bass and best sound too). The housing fits like this, L in left and R in right.

If you don't like wearing iems cable down I understand and would suggest wearing them like this cable up. Switch the channels for fitment & seal purposes if you are gonna wear them cable up!

Always use the Ety/triflange earplug technique to insert whether cable down or up imho! Relax your jaw, pull your ear up&back with your opposite hand over your head/neck, then insert the iem with the hand on the same side as your ear. This will achieve reliable, consistent results when fitting any iems or earplugs too.

You can even fit them like this as indieman discovered recently. If you want cable down insertion depth and seal, but want a cable up feeling and a little less microphonics, this is your ticket. Try this hybrid cable down/up way.

But whatever you do I would not advise wearing them like this or this. I can almost guarantee you with have a little or some fitment and seal problems. I can get it to fit like these ways with extra fiddling, but it is more upper mid/treble centric with a sufferance in bass.

R in left ear cable down

R in right ear cable up

Well, that's it. Once again, I hope you all found this informative and helpful! If you have any further fitment questions, I'll try to answer/ help when I can. As for tip rolling, I settled on the white wide bore mediums stock, they just do it for me... while the hard-stiff colored stem ones(bad seal and comfort) and narrow bore(less bass & not quite as comfortable/sealing) did not. But I haven't had a chance to try the Sony MH1 tips or Lunashops "heir" style tips. For tip rolling questions, I'm sure @Hisoundfi would be more than willing to help.

Thanks for reading and stay classy HeadFi :cool:   

Alex

Man ...fantastic effort and beneficial to T1E current and future owner ...me salute you and indieman

Aug 30, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #489 of 2,099
No problem! Although ap616 put much more effort in lol (again, no pun intended :wink: ).

On another note; I've found t1-e pairs/sounds very good with rockboxed clip zip! Even better than iPhone 5s imo.

Yes I'm still using hybrid tips. Haven't had a chance to switch to white wide tips :/.

Aug 30, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #490 of 2,099
No problem! Although ap616 put much more effort in lol (again, no pun intended
wink.gif
).

On another note; I've found t1-e pairs/sounds very good with rockboxed clip zip! Even better than iPhone 5s imo.

Yes I'm still using hybrid tips. Haven't had a chance to switch to white wide tips :/.

Nothing wrong with hybrid tips :)  Those are my favorite as well, great seal and sound isolation, and the clearest un-attenuated highs!

Aug 31, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #491 of 2,099
Just got my pair from amazon, awesome that amazon is doing Sunday deliveries. Giving them a quick listen and already doing some tip rolling on them. Sony mh1 tips seems to work nice on these as with most of the included tips. Will give them a longer listen and some burn in time but they sound great!

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Aug 31, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #493 of 2,099
Just wanted to give update on different tips I've tried so far... Will post pics later ;P

Stock wide bore tips: Very comfy fit in ear, easy to get a good seal but instantly loses it when I re position them even slightly. Same with stock narrow bore... I think it's because of the softness/easily flexible material used. Therefore not very convenient :frowning2:

Stock hybrid/spiral tips: Easy to fit in ear but not as comfy due to stiffer material. Easy to seal but very shallow for me. Seems less bass, harsher mids and highs? 

Comply active s400 foam tips: Perfect fit for nozzle! Very deep fit in ear, but easy seal. Fairly comfy. Seems to dampen the mids and highs a bit for more relaxed sound, which I actually like! These tips are very small however and fit very loose for me :frowning2: Want to try comply comfort plus tsx-400 next (wink, wink any comply reps :wink: ).

Monster super tips! Foam: Kind of a tight fit on the stem! But they do work, and stay on securely. Foam is very comfy! Easy seal. Slightly reduced highs and mids, but not as mellow as the comply active tips. Gel: Also tight fit on stem but secure. I had a slightly harder time getting a comfortable fit and seal. Seems to provide the best sound so far. High, mids and bass sound as good as with stock wide bore tips, but no annoying loss of seal when re positioned!

Sony Hybrid tips: Stem seems to not fit on nozzle, much too small. Maybe with much force? I didn't want to try and force it... too bad :frowning2:

Well that's all I have for now! My fav tip so far is monster foam super tip. So far! Lol

Sep 1, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #495 of 2,099
Ok, so here you go guys! I thought I would compile some detailed descriptions and some pictures together for fitment and hints/tips, so that people with the T1-E could achieve a proper seal and best sound intended from them :etysmile:  

@Gorktastick
, you should put this in the first post so we can point people to it having fit questions or issues... Please and thank you :wink:

I would suggest for the majority staying away from the colored tips & narrow bore white ones included with the T1-E, unless you are 100% satisfied with fitment & sound from the weird spiral colored tips that look cool. For most(but not all of course) I don't think they will seal properly, and isolation&bass will suffer some.

R in left ear cable down

R in right ear cable up

Thanks for reading and stay classy HeadFi :cool:   

Alex

I've been wearing them wrong all this while!! Thanks so much for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back