TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Sep 1, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #496 of 2,099
Sirs and Madams, and random parrots that have learned to read to compliment their speech,

I'm debating picking up a pair of these, being a sucker for any iem that get's some hype about performing above it's price point, pistons and VSD3 being two great examples.  Going to work on reading through the thread while I debate, but I know me, and I know head fi is bad for impulse control.  At least reading will give me some time to decide which color to go...  I'm thinking either blue or clear, I suspect I wouldn't like the shade of purple.

Sep 1, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #502 of 2,099
Me also heard ..the black col has a nano built amp ...!

Hehe, already tried a can with a built in amp this weekend.  Enjoyable sound, but all in all not quite what I was looking for :p

It's a shame I prefer the look of 2 of the non-E versions, and given I tend to prefer a little more bassy of a sound, I'm fairly sure I'll enjoy the E version once I pull the trigger...  although I did just buy a used pair of IE800, good price tho!

Sep 1, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #503 of 2,099
Hehe, already tried a can with a built in amp this weekend.  Enjoyable sound, but all in all not quite what I was looking for :p

It's a shame I prefer the look of 2 of the non-E versions, and given I tend to prefer a little more bassy of a sound, I'm fairly sure I'll enjoy the E version once I pull the trigger...  although I did just buy a used pair of IE800, good price tho!

Would be an epic battle of jet packs ..........IE800 vs T1E ......

Sep 1, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #504 of 2,099
Hehe, I'll put one in each ear and see if they match up.  Man, this must be a record for me, it's only the 1st of the month and I've already made my big toy purchase.  Nothing pretty better come out in the next 30 days!

Sep 1, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #506 of 2,099
I saw that...  and I debated grabbing some whiskey and trying to forget it.  Heck, I'm annoyed I saw it's about time to start looking into buying the Hifiman earbud.  I'm quite curious just how that little one will sound.  It's up on taobao, but I've never bought anything from them before, not sure how annoying it is to find a good taobao agent.

Sep 1, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #508 of 2,099
It's only 399 yuan, at least I think that's the name of the currency, so around $65 or so.  I have an immense amount of respect for Hifiman personally, but I've only heard 3 of their products, 2 IEMs (262 and 0) and the HE400, and love each of them.  I personally am a secret lover of earbuds in terms of comfort, but IEMs generally take earbuds into the basement and...  ok, I won't finish that statement incase kids are reading.  Anyways, a company capable of summit fi and far fewer misses than most other companies making an earbud makes me want to hand over money now and find out if it was worth it afterwards.  Still apprehensive about ordering via a taobao agent, but I'm the apprehensive type about giving money to companies I don't know/trust.  Which is odd because if you show me a good deal on the trade forums I'll sit up and beg.

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #510 of 2,099
Hmm, those I didn't hear about. Last hybrid ear buds I knew of would be the Astrotec Lyra, and it didn't seem to review well, so I wasn't going to try them out at $170.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back