TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Aug 23, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #331 of 2,099
I just put the Senneheiser double flang tips on them and this is certainly the best I've heard them so far. I've gotta admit that these are growing on me :)
It only gets better with burn in too :grin:

Try mh1 tips, or heir style gray/red, or wide bore tips from other sets.

Once the sound settles, the sound stage goes so deep it drops off the end of the earth and you will get lost in the texture and imaging of the mids.

Aug 23, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #332 of 2,099
A reminder also, I know that these get loud enough without an amplifier, but in order to get the best out of these an amplifier is needed. Not for volume reasons, but for the fact that the sound quality is more refined and imaging improves immensely.

Hope this helps everyone enjoy these more

Aug 23, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #333 of 2,099
I'm looking for a new pair of tips for my T1-E since the stock tips are making my ears a bit sore :frowning2: 

Are these the Sennheiser double flanges you're using?

Yes, they're the ones. I've got the exact same problem as you with sore ears from them but no more with these tips :wink:

It only gets better with burn in too :grin:

Try mh1 tips, or heir style gray/red, or wide bore tips from other sets.

Once the sound settles, the sound stage goes so deep it drops off the end of the earth and you will get lost the texture of the mids.

Yeah, I've tried the Heier tips, S2 tips and a lot of other wide bore tips but Ive had the same problem as mocklee mentioned above.

Aug 23, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #334 of 2,099
Yes, they're the ones. I've got the exact same problem as you with sore ears from them but no more with these tips
wink.gif

Thanks! 

What sizes would you recommend me buying if I'm currently using the T1-E stock large wide-bore tips?

Aug 23, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #335 of 2,099
Thanks! 

What sizes would you recommend me buying if I'm currently using the T1-E stock large wide-bore tips?

Is that the blue ones? The sennheiser ones are pretty small. I usually use s or xs so I bought the small ones first but they were to small with a lot of my IEM's so I ordered the medium as well and they fit better. You should probably get the large ones...

Aug 23, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #336 of 2,099
Is that the blue ones? The sennheiser ones are pretty small. I usually use s or xs so I bought the small ones first but they were to small with a lot of my IEM's so I ordered the medium as well and they fit better. You should probably get the large ones...

No not the colored ones.. The T1-E wide bore tips are either white or black colored and they're the alternatives to the set of narrow bore tips (the medium narrow-bore comes preinstalled on the buds)

I have the black version of the T1-E, so I'm currently using the black large wide-bore tips.

Basically, the tips in my Head-Fi avatar.

Aug 23, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #337 of 2,099
No not the colored ones.. The T1-E wide bore tips are either white or black colored and they're the alternatives to the set of narrow bore tips (the medium narrow-bore comes preinstalled on the buds)

I have the black version of the T1-E, so I'm currently using the black large wide-bore tips.

OK, I don't have the tips around here right now but I still think that you should get the large. Maybe you can ask the seller if he can send a few of each (m,l), they're pretty cheap so that could be a good solution?

Aug 23, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #338 of 2,099
OK, I don't have the tips around here right now but I still think that you should get the large. Maybe you can ask the seller if he can send a few of each (m,l), they're pretty cheap so that could be a good solution?

It's a mix and match kind of thing, so I can pick any combination of 3 tips.

Alright, I guess I'll order 2 mediums and 1 large... Or maybe 1 medium, 2 large. 

Thanks 
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #339 of 2,099
I rarely do a review but after putting in T1E... well I just could not help myself. For $37 bucks this was easily the best purchase I made ever. Once I put on the baby in and start the play button, I was blown away. It is the same feeling I had when I put on ATH-M50 after decades long of using iPod lame stock earphones. I was pretty much just lying on my bed listening one song to another and this did not happen for years.

When I almost stopped, I put in my amp (Go Vibe Petite-which I rarely use since it make no difference on my M50) and again the quality really shows. Everything is amplified - clarity, bass and soundstage.

Pro: cheaper than any recommended Asian/Western IEM (Ostry, HAVI, V-Moda, Audio technica), solid sound on rock, pop, alternative and even jazz

Cons: not for symphony or classical music lover, earbud is soft - make sure to press the bud deeper in the ear canal for better isolation. When you hear the bass beat, you're good. If not buy one for $4

Just wanted to say thanks to hisoundfi for introducing me to this. I previously owned Audio Technica CK30/CKM500, RE-0, and another AT product and none came close as this. Bought at dealextreme.com and got the real deal at a low price. Definitely buy this unless you wanted to splash another $100 for a similar Western alternative to T1E.

Aug 24, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #340 of 2,099
I rarely do a review but after putting in T1E... well I just could not help myself. For $37 bucks this was easily the best purchase I made ever. Once I put on the baby in and start the play button, I was blown away. It is the same feeling I had when I put on ATH-M50 after decades long of using iPod lame stock earphones. I was pretty much just lying on my bed listening one song to another and this did not happen for years.

When I almost stopped, I put in my amp (Go Vibe Petite-which I rarely use since it make no difference on my M50) and again the quality really shows. Everything is amplified - clarity, bass and soundstage.

Pro: cheaper than any recommended Asian/Western IEM (Ostry, HAVI, V-Moda, Audio technica), solid sound on rock, pop, alternative and even jazz

Cons: not for symphony or classical music lover, earbud is soft - make sure to press the bud deeper in the ear canal for better isolation. When you hear the bass beat, you're good. If not buy one for $4

Just wanted to say thanks to hisoundfi for introducing me to this. I previously owned Audio Technica CK30/CKM500, RE-0, and another AT product and none came close as this. Bought at dealextreme.com and got the real deal at a low price. Definitely buy this unless you wanted to splash another $100 for a similar Western alternative to T1E.

Great write up! It really sounds as if they hit the sweet spot for you, congratulations.

Aug 24, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #341 of 2,099
Great write up! It really sounds as if they hit the sweet spot for you, congratulations.

Thanks. For the price, you can't beat that. But it seem HAVI have longer recognition than this and have bigger thread/fanbase, so it something that everyone should consider before going for this. I really just buy this instead of HAVI since it is cheaper and even USD1 difference meant much more in my country than in other more developed ones.

Aug 24, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #342 of 2,099

Thanks. For the price, you can't beat that. But it seem HAVI have longer recognition than this and have bigger thread/fanbase, so it something that everyone should consider before going for this. I really just buy this instead of HAVI since it is cheaper and even USD1 difference meant much more in my country than in other more developed ones.

The only important thing is that you like them 
beerchug.gif

Aug 25, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #345 of 2,099
I've got no idea which tips are the mh1 ones, I'm not organized enough :wink:

And it's the whole double album sounding beautiful...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back