TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Aug 13, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #140 of 2,099
  Sorry for another amping question.
I never had to use an amp and all the IEMs I have are easily driven by my iPhone 5S. The T1Es have an impedance of 12 ohms, which happens to be less than both the IEMs I currently use- Vsonic GR02 BE (24 ohm) and Yamaha EPH-100 (16 ohms). Both get plenty loud at about a volume level of 60% on my iPhone 5S. Can I conclude that the T1Es can also be easily driven, or are there other factors that need to be considered?
Thanks!

They can be easily driven, yes. I have to turn up my Tenore one or two notches more and two or three notches with the FXD80 w/ my RAZR MAXX HD than the T1-E, w/o amping.

BUT... the T1-E benefit/improve more from amping than either of those other two, though the Tenore benefit some. They just liven up, sound quicker all around, and cleaner/more refined. The bass is tighter yet still impactful and the mids get even a little clearer. Soundstage on them, which is already great, also benefits some!

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #141 of 2,099
Ha, just been super busy planning my wedding. It's hard to listen to my lady's wedding ideas with t1e in my ears lol. It's exciting to hear people's impressions as their pairs come in. These are fantastic phones.

Congrats, hope all the planning works out and it goes smoothly when the time comes around! 
smile.gif

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #142 of 2,099
You won't be disappointed friend. They are impressive right out of the box, and only get better and better with burn in. I've come to the conclusion that they are like a GR07BE with more forward mids and less sibilant treble. My GR07BE (which has been my favorite iem for a looooooong time) now sits and T1E goes everywhere with me.

Ahh, so i am not hearing things, its comparable to gr07be straight out of the box. Cant wait for my T1E to get burned in!

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #143 of 2,099
  Sorry for another amping question.
I never had to use an amp and all the IEMs I have are easily driven by my iPhone 5S. The T1Es have an impedance of 12 ohms, which happens to be less than both the IEMs I currently use- Vsonic GR02 BE (24 ohm) and Yamaha EPH-100 (16 ohms). Both get plenty loud at about a volume level of 60% on my iPhone 5S. Can I conclude that the T1Es can also be easily driven, or are there other factors that need to be considered?
Thanks!

Not a slight difficulty at all. Generally headphones with <32 Ohm impedance are easily be driven with mobile source such as iPhone. This one is 12 Ohm, and after 3 month using, I think it's safe to say that if you plug it into some amp, you can only hear things louder and harmful to ears, not more detail like other 'audiophile' pair of IEM. Oh crap, forgot about the amount of bass, not only in the deep range but also the usually-lacking mid bass the that we can get (Older T1 grabbers, remember this one dudes)

Ha, just been super busy planning my wedding. It's hard to listen to my lady's wedding ideas with t1e in my ears lol. It's exciting to hear people's impressions as their pairs come in. These are fantastic phones.

Awwyeah, gratz man !

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #144 of 2,099
Not a slight difficulty at all. Generally headphones with <32 Ohm impedance are easily be driven with mobile source such as iPhone. This one is 12 Ohm, and after 3 month using, I think it's safe to say that if you plug it into some amp, you can only hear things louder and harmful to ears, not more detail like other 'audiophile' pair of IEM. Oh crap, forgot about the amount of bass, not only in the deep range but also the usually-lacking mid bass the that we can get (Older T1 grabbers, remember this one dudes)
It's not a volume thing by any means. More power behind the music makes it improve in sound quality. Dynamics, attack and decay, imaging and separation improve slightly when amplified. Promise

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #146 of 2,099
Make sure to experiment with tips, as it greatly impacts the sound on these more than others. My sony mh1 tips are absolutely perfect for my preference.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard this about various IEMs!

Ha, just been super busy planning my wedding.

Congratulations! I sincerely wish you both many years of happiness!!!

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #150 of 2,099
BTW thanks for the well wishes, I appreciate it.

I seriously already contemplated what audio gear to take for the honeymoon lmao

Wedding vows from your soon to be wife involved you cutting down on the time you spend with freaks here ....lol ...u crack me up bro .....anyway well wishes on your new chapter in life ......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back