TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Aug 8, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #61 of 2,099
Glad you decided to pick up a pair, they are great! :beerchug:
I was wondering, how do you like your Tenore and Havi B3 compared to your RHA MA750? Are they similar in technicality and SQ? I have both and like them more than the EPH-100 in my case, which I sold. But that was probably more due to SS preferences.

Like B3 sound signature and soundstage more than Tenore. Like Tenore more for comfort. Plan on keeping B3. Not sure about Tenore.

MA750 is a different beast with quite a bit more bass presence and darker feel. Works well for Black Sabbath :wink:. More and deeper bass than EPH-100. But again, EPH-100 is more comfortable.

Interested to see how T1-E compares to B3, which is my first dual dynamic. Bought from DX tonight. Should have them in 1-2 weeks...

Aug 8, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #62 of 2,099
Like B3 sound signature and soundstage more than Tenore. Like Tenore more for comfort. Plan on keeping B3. Not sure about Tenore.

MA750 is a different beast with quite a bit more bass presence and darker feel. Works well for Black Sabbath :wink:. More and deeper bass than EPH-100. But again, EPH-100 is more comfortable.

Interested to see how T1-E compares to B3, which is my first dual dynamic. Bought from DX tonight. Should have them in 1-2 weeks...

Oh ok, thanks.

I didn't find the Yammys that comfortable really... Too much bass and smooth of treble for my liking. Sounds like the RHAs pursue that trend to a certain degree with maybe more a little more treble emphasis, less mids, and more sub-bass than mid-bass.

I like the T1-E and Tenore more than the B3 for what I mainly listen to signature wise; the B3's soundstage is better for sure and they have more upper mid/treble out of the box than the other two, but I like the signature of the T1-E most. My B3 are still burning/listening-in though and settling some. I don't have 200hrs yet, more like 15. The T1-E is kinda in between B3 and Tenore, treble&mid prominence/clarity wise. With more quantity and quality bass than either though.

But with a lot of my other music the Havi can really shine, especially when amped with either one of my two portables I got recently. I don't find the B3 too comfortable either, and the fit bothers me after just an hour or two. I either have smallish or oddly shaped ear canals I think, lol.
The T1-E are the most comfortable thing ever for me, and stay put better cable down or up. The T1-E and Tenore are a litlle more fun in my opinion than the B3 for my music with their better bass quantity, while slightly less technical. But not as colored/dark as the EPH-100... and MA750(haven't heard obviously) I don't think. They all seem fairly balanced to me, with B3 the brighter, energetic mildly fatiguing. Tenore the flatter, a little duller because of it but nice bass. T1-E a little bassier, fun & exciting.

Hope the 1-2 weeks come quick for ya! 
wink.gif
 Oh, and what color did you get?

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #63 of 2,099
Ap616: I got EPH-100 and MA750 around the same time to evaluate for bassier IEM usage. For me, MA750 wins for SQ/SS. I use shallow insertion for EPH-100 and find them to be as comfortable as Tenore.

B3 from DX90 on high gain works well.

I'll join in the conversation more when I get my T1-E and let them settle in a bit :wink:.

Aug 8, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #64 of 2,099
I'm in the market for an IEM upgrade from the Steelseries Flux In-Ear. 

I've narrowed down my choices to pretty much these and the JVC HA-FXT90. Can anyone compare the two? Maybe to the Steelseries buds too.

Thanks!

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #65 of 2,099
I can't decide between the TTPOD T1-E and the Zero Audio Carbo Basso. Generally, I listen to alternative (Coldplay, M83, OneRepublic, etc) , soundtrack (Hans Zimmer, Disasterpeace, etc) , and post-rock (Moving Mountains, Sigur Ros, etc) and I often use my earphones to watch movies. I enjoy being enveloped by my music, having sub-bass I can feel and highs that aren't too harsh, so people who have/had both, how do they compare? I will be listening unamped via laptop and phone and generally cable down.

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #66 of 2,099
T1E has much better sub-bass reach than the Tenore, but its highs are "prominent" and some could feel that they're harsh, however they're never sibilant. Tenore has more of a mid-bass hump and a good bit more detail/resolution throughout the mids and highs. Overall for modern records and pop/rock I would probably recommend the T1E.

Quote:
  I can't decide between the TTPOD T1-E and the Zero Audio Carbo Basso. Generally, I listen to alternative (Coldplay, M83, OneRepublic, etc) , soundtrack (Hans Zimmer, Disasterpeace, etc) , and post-rock (Moving Mountains, Sigur Ros, etc) and I often use my earphones to watch movies. I enjoy being enveloped by my music, having sub-bass I can feel and highs that aren't too harsh, so people who have/had both, how do they compare? I will be listening unamped via laptop and phone and generally cable down.

Aug 9, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #67 of 2,099

How do the T1-E and the Basso (not Tenore) compare? I know that the Basso has better sub bass extension and arguably better mid bass than the Tenores so how do the Basso do against the T1-E?

Aug 9, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #68 of 2,099
Never heard the Basso. Sorry, I misread.

Quote:
How do the T1-E and the Basso (not Tenore) compare? I know that the Basso has better sub bass extension and arguably better mid bass than the Tenores so how do the Basso do against the T1-E?

Aug 10, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #72 of 2,099
Are the T1-Es really hard to drive? I don't have an amp and I use an iPhone 5S as a source. Would that be sufficient to drive them?
Thanks!

Yep. They sound generally better with an amp from my experience, but it's not like the Havi in that regard which needs amping. So they will still sound pretty great without one... Just better with :)

Aug 10, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #73 of 2,099
Yep. They sound generally better with an amp from my experience, but it's not like the Havi in that regard which needs amping. So they will still sound pretty great without one... Just better with
smily_headphones1.gif

Ok thanks!
Unamped, which one would you suggest for EDM- kc06a or t1e?
I also see that you previously owned EPH-100 (I have one and love the sound). How would you compare that to the two mentioned above?

Aug 10, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #74 of 2,099
Ok thanks!
Unamped, which one would you suggest for EDM- kc06a or t1e?
I also see that you previously owned EPH-100 (I have one and love the sound). How would you compare that to the two mentioned above?

I really didn't like the EPH that much after a while; uncomfortable for me though the isolation was great. Surprisingly everyone, even Joker, likes them a lot for EDM, but I though they were a bit too bassy with too smooth and diffuse of treble. The mids were pretty good though.
I like the T1-E way better. More comcomfortable(just perfect for me), little less but still really impactful quality bass. Still great warmish pleasing mids like the EPH. But more appreciative and noticeable treble than the EPH, while not too bright. I think the soundstage is great too.

@hisoundfi might be able to answer that one for ya as I don't have the KC06A.

IMO the KC06A would be brighter in the treble&upper mids(maybe too much for you?) and with a little more recessed mids, straying pretty far away from the EPH sound you like. Also, they don't have very good isolation if that's a problem like the EPH do. The T1-E isolation is pretty good and above average. The T1-E wouldn't stray as far but still be a somewhat noticeable complemental difference I think.
Hope it helps!

Aug 10, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #75 of 2,099
I really didn't like the EPH that much after a while; uncomfortable for me though the isolation was great. Surprisingly everyone, even Joker, likes them a lot for EDM, but I though they were a bit too bassy with too smooth and diffuse of treble. The mids were pretty good though.
I like the T1-E way better. More comcomfortable(just perfect for me), little less but still really impactful quality bass. Still great warmish pleasing mids like the EPH. But more appreciative and noticeable treble than the EPH, while not too bright. I think the soundstage is great too.

@hisoundfi might be able to answer that one for ya as I don't have the KC06A.

IMO the KC06A would be brighter in the treble&upper mids(maybe too much for you?) and with a little more recessed mids, straying pretty far away from the EPH sound you like. Also, they don't have very good isolation if that's a problem like the EPH do. The T1-E isolation is pretty good and above average. The T1-E wouldn't stray as far but still be a somewhat noticeable complemental difference I think.
Hope it helps!

Thanks a lot. That helps.
I find the EPH-100 fairly comfortable, but lacking in isolation. Maybe I have wide ear canals. I actually like the bass on them too.
For my next IEM, I'm looking for something that isolates fairly well since I'm planning on using them on a long flight. Since you said kc06a don't isolate well, I think I'll scratch them off my list. 
I'm almost convinced that t1e will be my next. Might ponder over it for a few more hours before I place the order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back