Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
Feb 11, 2022 at 6:09 PM Post #751 of 1,725
When I was looking into a different squig.links I felt it quite strange, why does the Oxygen graphs don't look the same. Maybe I am completely wrong and it is related to a different measuring devices, but from my point of view it looks like the tuning of the Oxygen has been slightly adjusted and now is almost exact as the Hana 2021. As it can be seen from the first measurements made by HBB and Crinacle in 2019. While the Precogvision's graph from early 2020 shows an elevated sub bass region. The same can be seen in the Super*review's graph.

HBB's graph:
HBB.png

Crinacle's graph:
Crinacle.png

Precogvision's graph:
Precogvision.png

Super*review's graph:
Super review.png

Feb 12, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #753 of 1,725
Wow... so is the Olina the og tuning of the Oxygen? did the Oxygen get an update sometime about eighteen or twelve months ago that added about 3db more bass? Is Crinacle's graph wrong and Precog and Super's reviews correect? I have he off on Oline b/c of my perception that I wanted more of a Hana 2021 bass vs. the Oxygen bass shown in Crin's graph...

confusing

to add, I've heard a more recent O2 in sound comparison tests on Dan's youtube channel. I noted in the comments that the O2 example that he has sounds like a lot more bass than BGGAR'S or Crin's graph show, and exactly like Precog and Super's reviews show. Having the bass tuning from Crin's graph in my mind, I was quite surprised at how much bass Dan's O2 set showed in the sound samples.

I would order an Olina from Precog and Super's graphs, and would not order an IEM that measures as BGGAR or Crin's graphs show. I must have a bass oriented IEM.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #754 of 1,725
I wonder if BGGAR's graph shows an earlier O2 and the Olina, and, just speculating here... Linsoul didn't want to show graphs of an Olina that is almost identical to the Hana 2021, since the Hana 2021 is such a recent release, and didn't want to ruffle feathers in Schenzhen.

So here is really the Q. -- is the Olina tuned like Hana 2021, or like an earlier version of Oxygen tuning? Are there in fact two different Oxygens, an early version and an updated version?

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #755 of 1,725
Want more bass block,
I wonder if BGGAR's graph shows an earlier O2 and the Olina, and, just speculating here... Linsoul didn't want to show graphs of an Olina that is almost identical to the Hana 2021, since the Hana 2021 is such a recent release, and didn't want to ruffle feathers in Schenzhen.

So here is really the Q. -- is the Olina tuned like Hana 2021, or like an earlier version of Oxygen tuning? Are there in fact two different Oxygens, an early version and an updated version?
All indications are that it the leaner tuning but I don't see that as a deal breaker.
Want more bass, block some of the 'front' port. Less highs? Some damping in/on the nozzle.

Feb 12, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #756 of 1,725
well, I don't think ALL indications are a leaner tuning. BGGAR's own video shows the Olina and the O2 as essentially identical... but WHICH O2... the O2 from Crin's graph, or the O2 from SuperR and Precogs' graphs? They are completely different IEMs, night and day. The graphs are of two distinct, different bass flavors, and two different treble brightness regions. A couple of reviewers have said their O2 and their just received Olina are essentially identical... but WHICH O2 did those posters have? what I don't know is whether the O2 has been retuned for more bass sometime in the past 12-18 months, and whether the O2 and Olina that are reported here as "essentially identical" are from a bass-emphasized O2 that graphs like the Hana 2021, or an original less (3db) bass emphasized O2 that graphs nothing like the Hana 2021.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #757 of 1,725
IN REGARDS TO THE FILTERS

I'm glad I saw this thread today because I was having problems with my Tripowin TC-01 too. It suddenly lost a few dbs on the right side. It has less than 100hs of use.

After seeing this thread and all the problems some people are having with their MELEs, I went back to my TC-01 to remove and clean its filters. I'm glad to report that it was the source of the problem. I almost threw it in the trash last week.

For what I could see the problem is the adhesive they used to glue the inner mesh filter at the outer metallic one. The glue on the right side was kinda brown as it was somehow oxided. I just cleaned it and problem solved.
How did you clean them?

Feb 12, 2022 at 8:36 PM Post #758 of 1,725
Some photos for those who are unable to make time for a 4,800 word review:

Packaging 2.jpg Buds 1.jpg Buds 4.jpg
Packaging 11.jpg Packaging 14.jpg
Buds 11.jpg Buds 14.jpg Fit.jpg

Frequency response.png
Btw, for technicalities, especially for complex instrumental music and busy tracks, for this area like :
speed ,
Separation between instruments, layering,
imaging,
Resolution/micro macro detail.

Which one would you rather choose or recomended, Titan S or Olina ?

Honestly with my moondroop aria 2021, a bit disappointed in that area. a bit weak. Want better. Thanks

Feb 12, 2022 at 9:09 PM Post #759 of 1,725
Finally I can say something because I cannot do that without hearing something.

Olina is a GO!!
Shortbus rec for the $100-? It's stunning and everything I hoped it would be. I only helped in the aspect I kept yapping at HBB with my findings when I was tyring to tune my own set. I am NOT the one to thank for anything other than maybe lending a good ear and trying to get a good set out to the masses in the hobby that can't afford a lot. $100 is not nothing and trust me I would have balked spending that back in the day. I think you will get something a bit extraordinary for the price!

:gs1000smile:

Feb 13, 2022 at 2:32 AM Post #760 of 1,725
Btw, for technicalities, especially for complex instrumental music and busy tracks, for this area like :
speed ,
Separation between instruments, layering,
imaging,
Resolution/micro macro detail.

Which one would you rather choose or recomended, Titan S or Olina ?

Honestly with my moondroop aria 2021, a bit disappointed in that area. a bit weak. Want better. Thanks
Olina, but not by much.

Feb 13, 2022 at 3:36 AM Post #761 of 1,725
Finally I can say something because I cannot do that without hearing something.

Olina is a GO!!
Shortbus rec for the $100-? It's stunning and everything I hoped it would be. I only helped in the aspect I kept yapping at HBB with my findings when I was tyring to tune my own set. I am NOT the one to thank for anything other than maybe lending a good ear and trying to get a good set out to the masses in the hobby that can't afford a lot. $100 is not nothing and trust me I would have balked spending that back in the day. I think you will get something a bit extraordinary for the price!

:gs1000smile:
Woww! When's the review coming out? And you still got the Oxygen for comparison?

Feb 13, 2022 at 7:17 AM Post #762 of 1,725
Olina, but not by much.
WoWWWW... SERIOUS Bro... !!! Technicallity (Speed, separation all instruments, layering, imaging, resolution/micro detail retrieval) when meet busy track and complex music, OLINA BETTER than DUNU TITAN S !!!!!

THANKS you so much FOR YOUR HONEST RECOMENDATION!!!
Because that, I decide choose / Buy TRIPOWIN OLINA over DUNU TITAN S !!

Feb 13, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #763 of 1,725
OH heck Olina is not in the same catagory as the Titan S. For sure.
Woww! When's the review coming out? And you still got the Oxygen for comparison?
Prolly in a few hours and no I don't have O2 right now, I was able to compare my own prototype to a newer silver O2. It was not tuned the same as I couldn't do it but the main stuff is there, Imaging, bass, mids, 3D, etc. Now with Olina, It' gives me the exact same ride. There may be small differences, but the driver is so good it doesn't matter. I do have the prototype though.

Feb 13, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #764 of 1,725
OH heck Olina is not in the same catagory as the Titan S. For sure.

Prolly in a few hours and no I don't have O2 right now, I was able to compare my own prototype to a newer silver O2. It was not tuned the same as I couldn't do it but the main stuff is there, Imaging, bass, mids, 3D, etc. Now with Olina, It' gives me the exact same ride. There may be small differences, but the driver is so good it doesn't matter. I do have the prototype though.
Can't wait for the review!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back