Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
Feb 4, 2022 at 9:52 AM Post #677 of 1,725
Will do for sure. Titan S review should out soon, just waiting on some iems for final comparitions. I would say Olina is an upgrade overall, unless you want less bass and to save some bucks. I do love Titan and I was using it for commutes on the last couple weeks.

Great times for the budget segment
Damn i bought these blindly, i do like some bass. Have the FD3 pro, but everyone says these sound spectacular.

Feb 4, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #678 of 1,725
Oxygen x Olina - Comparision

Disclaimer: Both units using Spinfits. NX7 as source to be as clean and bright I could get. Both balanced 4.4mm. Olina is a review sample and I didn't got any kind of incentive to write anything good about it. Oxygen is a loaner set from @Tonytex. I have no beef in the game and up to two days ago, I haven't heard any of them.

Placebo differences:

They are marginally the same IEM. And I really mean it. They are so close that unit variance would kick in more than any tunning or tech difference. In my opinion, there might be subtle changes, that to me are so small that I'm even afraid to point them, as they might fit under the placebo effect.

To my ears, there's slightly more energy around 4-5k on Oxygen than in Olina. I got it right from the start, but when real testing it at home and using a spectograph, I think I found it Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run, at around 0:50 and up to 1:05. The high pitch just murders my ears on both sets, as I'm sensitive in this area, but I feel I felt it more on Oxygen than in Olina.

1644009241762.png

Stage presentation felt slightly different to me. While using Olina, during Yosi Horikawa - Crossing, the motorcicle at the start feels an hair further presented and slightly moved up, close to my eye level, which I appreciate more, but again, placebo, fit and HRTF come to mind. Imaging and pseudo 3D effect are the same and amazing on both. Same effect goes for Agnes Obel - Curse vocals.

Now, remember, everyone hears different and placebo effect is strong. Don't trust me, just enjoy which of the two you have.

Not-so-placebo differences:

The ****** fit. Seriously, I'm triggered since the first second on Oxygen. Why? WHY?

I really hate short nozzles, and because of that I have my EJ07m in China, right this moment, to be reshelled. I just don't like it. It's kind of annoying actually.

Now think of a worse EJ07m nozzle and you just get Oxygen. Oh my god. It's so bad I have to insert so deep and I'm not even sure that's not affecting tuning for me. I just hate it, I'm sorry.

On the other hand... Olina is one of the best fit ever.

Veredict

Anyone that claims major differences between the two will be scaming you, has beef in the game or just has a biased opinion. I don't care who tuned it, who made it, who assembled it, who's selling it. If it's good, it's good, and they are both great and get a big rec from me. If I had to pick one in 10 secs would always be Olina due to fit and packaging, but fit it personal so let's leave it at that.

Now, you know what else would fit nice and I haven't talked about yet? More money on your wallet, and Olina gives you that versus Oxygen.

To conclude my thoughts, I would say, if own and love Oxygen, keep it and just enjoy it - it's great.
If you love Oxygen but can't deal with the fit, sell it and get Olina instead.
If you have none and want a DD? Get Olina.
You are too rich and already have one of them? Get MiM Dark Magician.

I'm glad I found Oxygen later than ever, and I'm even more glad I found the better shell version of it. It's staying on my collection to hunt the future preys. Rec'd as hell.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2022 at 12:33 AM Post #680 of 1,725
Oxygen x Olina - Comparision

Disclaimer: Both units using Spinfits. NX7 as source to be as clean and bright I could get. Both balanced 4.4mm. Olina is a review sample and I didn't got any kind of incentive to write anything good about it. Oxygen is a loaner set from @Tonytex. I have no beef in the game and up to two days ago, I haven't heard any of them.

Placebo differences:

They are marginally the same IEM. And I really mean it. They are so close that unit variance would kick in more than any tunning or tech difference. In my opinion, there might be subtle changes, that to me are so small that I'm even afraid to point them, as they might fit under the placebo effect.

To my ears, there's slightly more energy around 4-5k on Oxygen than in Olina. I got it right from the start, but when real testing it at home and using a spectograph, I think I found it Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run, at around 0:50 and up to 1:05. The high pitch just murders my ears on both sets, as I'm sensitive in this area, but I feel I felt it more on Oxygen than in Olina.

Stage presentation felt slightly different to me. While using Olina, during Yosi Horikawa - Crossing, the motorcicle at the start feels an hair further presented and slightly moved up, close to my eye level, which I appreciate more, but again, placebo, fit and HRTF come to mind. Imaging and pseudo 3D effect are the same and amazing on both. Same effect goes for Agnes Obel - Curse vocals.

Now, remember, everyone hears different and placebo effect is strong. Don't trust me, just enjoy which of the two you have.

Not-so-placebo differences:

The ****** fit. Seriously, I'm triggered since the first second on Oxygen. Why? WHY?

I really hate short nozzles, and because of that I have my EJ07m in China, right this moment, to be reshelled. I just don't like it. It's kind of annoying actually.

Now think of a worse EJ07m nozzle and you just get Oxygen. Oh my god. It's so bad I have to insert so deep and I'm not even sure that's not affecting tuning for me. I just hate it, I'm sorry.

On the other hand... Olina is one of the best fit ever.

Veredict

Anyone that claims major differences between the two will be scaming you, has beef in the game or just has a biased opinion. I don't care who tuned it, who made it, who assembled it, who's selling it. If it's good, it's good, and they are both great and get a big rec from me. If I had to pick one in 10 secs would always be Olina due to fit and packaging, but fit it personal so let's leave it at that.

Now, you know what else would fit nice and I haven't talked about yet? More money on your wallet, and Olina gives you that versus Oxygen.

To conclude my thoughts, I would say, if own and love Oxygen, keep it and just enjoy it - it's great.
If you love Oxygen but can't deal with the fit, sell it and get Olina instead.
If you have none and want a DD? Get Olina.
You are too rich and already have one of them? Get MiM Dark Magician.

I'm glad I found Oxygen later than ever, and I'm even more glad I found the better shell version of it. It's staying on my collection to hunt the future preys. Rec'd as hell.
If in the $100-$200 bracket I already have the Kato, Timeless, and Midnight, would the Olina make a good add at ~$100, or would it be a side grade or downgrade?

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2022 at 12:46 AM Post #681 of 1,725
would be better then kato don't know about other ones, i would imagine. ?

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2022 at 1:26 AM Post #683 of 1,725
Why do you expect Olina would be better than Kato? Not arguing, rather trying to understand your reasoning / conclusion.
I guess because kato is usually compared with Hana 2021 and oxygen is considered a little better than Hana.. so ... mathematically:
If Kato=Hana ==> O2=Olina>Hana ==> Olina > Kato :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Feb 5, 2022 at 2:22 AM Post #685 of 1,725
How about something like the NM2+?

Sorry, never heard it!

If in the $100-$200 bracket I already have the Kato, Timeless, and Midnight, would the Olina make a good add at ~$100, or would it be a side grade or downgrade?

I would get something else or go up in the food chain.

Feb 5, 2022 at 3:51 AM Post #687 of 1,725
Thanks for the Oxygen and Olina comparison! So if I were stingy but wanted to upgrade from my BL03 I suppose Olina is a good upgrade especially since I had slight fit issues with the BL03 lol 😛

Fit wise: a whole different world.

Overall it's a great upgrade, but a bit different tuning. Olina/O2 are harman tuned, while Bl-03 is more V-shaped. Technicalities are a bloodbath.

Really depends on what you wanna upgrade :)

Feb 5, 2022 at 5:17 AM Post #688 of 1,725
Fit wise: a whole different world.

Overall it's a great upgrade, but a bit different tuning. Olina/O2 are harman tuned, while Bl-03 is more V-shaped. Technicalities are a bloodbath.

Really depends on what you wanna upgrade :)
I've been thinking about going for a different sound signature so I'll know what I prefer. I want to know what "harman-tuned" actually sounds like. :laughing:

Feb 5, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #690 of 1,725
Why do you expect Olina would be better than Kato? Not arguing, rather trying to understand your reasoning / conclusion.
thinking that the kato is to neutral some people say? i'm still trying to figure out what sounds good, as i only have the Fiio FD3 pro and think they sound good. Don't know what harman tuned sounds like. I like the bass on the fd3. if the olina does'nt have some sort of punch i will sell them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back